• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMUSIX

edit: taking this post for something better...

but, umm, the red and blue in his photo is the spidey outfit...

And Finn Jones just put this up:
U3pEuvQ.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDS4m4LrXW5/

So, I've been messing around with shield's banner image in the OP for a little while now and I added the shows and movies that have been announced since the last update and now I realize I never posted it in the OT, so here goes nothing:

Full credit to shield who made the image to begin with, of course.

I couldn't get the Luke Cage logo to look right, tho.

this is a quick MS Paint edit.. but what's wrong with this?

eSpdy0x.png

Bats vs Soups (apparently) being bad is pretty frustrating. I'm much more of a Marvel than DC guy and neither Bats nor Supes come close to the Flash in my DC character ranking (let alone superheroes in general) but as far as superhero movies go, this is one of the most high-profile ones that will (I assume) set up the DCCU. I'm gonna see it myself tomorrow but my concerns about Snyder directing seem to have been confirmed.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am torn apart between hoping that it has success so that Marvel gets real competition and hoping that it just gets the money it deserves.

Tom_Cody

edit: taking this post for something better...

but, umm, the red and blue in his photo is the spidey outfit...

And Finn Jones just put this up:
U3pEuvQ.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDS4m4LrXW5/
This is like 300 yards from my apartment, lol. I'm going to run by this spot when I got out for my morning run in about 20 minutes.

Luke cage has been filming here sporadically for the last few months. There were a lot of stunt cars (including a giant armored one) and a big facade placed in front of the Williamsburg Hall of Music renaming it as "Harlem's Paradise". Jessica Jones filmed here before that and I even saw Krysten Ritter down by the river-front park (just walking around, not filming).

It looks like Iron Fist will be filming here soon.

tomtom94

What are the chances we get a Dr Strange teaser/trailer in time for Civil War?

Possible, but unlikely. The second Ant-Man trailer dropped a month before Age of Ultron but that came out in July, so it made sense for Marvel to promote it then. They could attach the first teaser to Civil War, maybe?

Pachimari

Man I told you Iron Fist would film in April.

It makes sense giving us a glimpse of Doctor Strange in the Civil War after-credits scene.

Sblargh

Banned
Actually, I guess I could google this, lol, but what info do we have on Doctor Strange right now?

I googled it. lol.

Damn, they went straight for horror movie peoples.
I am so in the mindset that Strange is a sorcerer that I never thought about the horror movie angle.
Hum.
I don't really like horror movies.

Actually, I guess I could google this, lol, but what info do we have on Doctor Strange right now?

Basically just casting and a few costume/set shots.

The overall plot is still under wraps. If they can keep Civil War as closely guarded as they have, I think Strange will easily be kept a secret until Marvel feels like releasing details.

Basically just casting and a few costume/set shots.

The overall plot is still under wraps. If they can keep Civil War as closely guarded as they have, I think Strange will easily be kept a secret until Marvel feels like releasing details.

Please keep doing this Marvel. You went too far with Ultron, take it back the other way pls.

I do feel like we don't know much about CW, and I like it.

BLACKLAC

Potential Spoilers

So has anyone heard the rumors about the villain and
how Marvel is basically setting up Zemo to be the "Dr. Doom" of the MCU?

Think there is any truth to that?

Quick

Banned
Potential Spoilers

So has anyone heard the rumors about the villain and
how Marvel is basically setting up Zemo to be the "Dr. Doom" of the MCU?

Think there is any truth to that?

I sort of don't mind this idea, but where'd you get that from?

BLACKLAC

I sort of don't mind this idea, but where'd you get that from?

I am fine with that. Do my boy some justice. But is there a source?

Read it in passing months ago, can't even recall the site I read it from but I know I read it and something similar
How both Zemo and Martin Freeman's character were being set up for future films, which I believe was from some interview/preview article.

It was just a rumor so I didn't pay it much mind.

Im getting this feeling the Doctor Strange will be a stealth megaton movie

I dunno its just that Marvel seems to make its best stuff when they stick to some new theme

Its brilliant how they diversify each entry

tomtom94

Im getting this feeling the Doctor Strange will be a stealth megaton movie

I dunno its just that Marvel seems to make its best stuff when they stick to some new theme

Its brilliant how they diversify each entry

I think it's going to be either bad or incredible, I don't think it will hit the middle ground.

tomtom94

The themes and stated mood of that the movie is going for (psychadelic) feels fresh. I think they are going to nail it

My main fear is the writing, given I think the direction and the cast will both be fantastic. Just not convinced by any of the names on the screenplay.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I hope they go all out. As long as they go crazy with the visuals this is one of the few movies where "third act is a CGi fest" wouldn't be something detrimental.

edit: Doctor Strange, I mean.

Sblargh

Banned
I hope strange goes for the lsd trip route, but checking imdb, the director and the writers seems to be all from the supernatural, yet realistic background.

Sblargh

Banned
I was under the impression that that was the visual they wanted to go for.

It's my impression,but I fear it doesn't fit the character. Strange is not, I don't know, a ghostbuster, he is more like a conceptual character. He deals not with spirits and witches, but with stuff like the embodiment of eternity or the living tribunal.
I don't even know if there is a director out there like this. Like, 1920s surrealism.

He was already teased in Daredevil.

Of course he was, but I'm talking about making him the big bad of Phase 5. At this point, Marvel can take any D list villain and create the next Dr Doom in the MCU. I mean, I'm all about Doom/Galactus and any other villains we can't have right now, but we have $Texas in other villains we can pull from. Kang, Graviton, or more importantly Stilt Man.

Sblargh

Banned
From what I heard is he's a part of Fantastic Four IP. I think he make his first appearance in F4 comic book long time ago, did he?

Probably, but so did the inhumans, the black panther and a bunch of other people who went on to be their own thing.
I mean, it may be, but urgh.

I can't back it up with anything but I was under the impression also that Marvel didn't have Kang.

Kang first appeared in the Avengers though he is associated with the F4.

Maybe it's another Scarlet Witch / Quicksilver situation? Where even though they are associated with the X-Men, because they became members of the Avengers in 1965, they could be used?

Pachimari

I wonder if we will get an announcement of Daredevil S3 soon? It took 11 days for S2 to be announced after S1 had aired. And it didn't take much longer with Jessica Jones S2. Now 9 days have passed.

And seeing that Luke Cage is airing in September and Iron Fist is probably starting filming next month, we could be seeing an announcement of Daredevil S3 which would then air after The Defenders.

I just need that confirmation.

mreddie

I wonder if we will get an announcement of Daredevil S3 soon? It took 11 days for S2 to be announced after S1 had aired. And it didn't take much longer with Jessica Jones S2. Now 9 days have passed.

And seeing that Luke Cage is airing in September and Iron Fist is probably starting filming next month, we could be seeing an announcement of Daredevil S3 which would then air after The Defenders.

I just need that confirmation.

I get the feeling there will be no S3, only S2 of JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom