• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

So you don't think we will get a third season with the Born Again arc and Bullseye showing up? Bullseye being one of the iconic Daredevil villains.

What do you think the Defenders will be about?

So you don't think we will get a third season with the Born Again arc and Bullseye showing up? Bullseye being one of the iconic Daredevil villains.

I absolutely think they'll be a 3rd season. Whether it comes out before or after Defenders is the real question. Keep in mind that Matt hasn't met Jessica, Luke or Danny yet. Kinda need to know your team for a team up.

I wonder if we will get an announcement of Daredevil S3 soon? It took 11 days for S2 to be announced after S1 had aired. And it didn't take much longer with Jessica Jones S2. Now 9 days have passed.

And seeing that Luke Cage is airing in September and Iron Fist is probably starting filming next month, we could be seeing an announcement of Daredevil S3 which would then air after The Defenders.

I just need that confirmation.

They will announce JJ season 2 first before DD season 3.

Pachimari

If they can, they could sandwich S3 with JJ S2 and Iron Fist.
What do you mean by sandwhiching them?

I absolutely think they'll be a 3rd season. Whether it comes out before or after Defenders is the real question. Keep in mind that Matt hasn't met Jessica, Luke or Danny yet. Kinda need to know your team for a team up.
I'm really sure we will see Daredevil S3, Jessica Jones S2 and The Punisher S1 after The Defenders.

They will want to finish up Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Defenders now as per their contract.

They will announce JJ season 2 first before DD season 3.
They already announced Jessica Jones Season 2. Like a few months ago.

TDLink

I wonder if we will get an announcement of Daredevil S3 soon? It took 11 days for S2 to be announced after S1 had aired. And it didn't take much longer with Jessica Jones S2. Now 9 days have passed.

And seeing that Luke Cage is airing in September and Iron Fist is probably starting filming next month, we could be seeing an announcement of Daredevil S3 which would then air after The Defenders.

I just need that confirmation.

I get the feeling there will be no S3, only S2 of JJ

Daredevil S3 is 100% going to happen. Whether it happens before The Defenders is a different story...but I see no reason not to keep it annual. Out of these first 4 Netflix shows it's actually the one that makes the most sense to have a season each year. JJ is one of the tougher ones, not sure what S2 will even be. I feel like Purple Man carried that show...but we'll see.

Gambit

Even though I loved the Punished in DD, I am not convinced he should have his own series. He seems to work pretty well in a solitary role. I don't want him to have any sidekicks. He should remain a loner. If he has his own show he would definitely get a whole cast, and I am not sure he needs it. He only needs targets to kill.

If anything his show should be shorter. Maybe 6 episodes or so.

I have no fear at all about DD season 3. I'd say it's pretty much a given and, frankly, out of the Netflix shows I think DD could sustain itself the longest.

After the initial seasons you could probably combine Luke Cage and Iron Fist into Heroes for Hire, or Luke and Jessica into one show. Not to mention any other cross-overs.

Iron Fist as replacement Daredevil. Jessica and Luke as Matt's bodyguards. Matt as Luke's lawyer, etc.

What I'd love is for the secondary cast to also switch between them from time to time. I want Foggy in JJ season 2. Maybe have Trish meet Daredevil and he'd have Beast's role of helping her become a hero. That sort of thing.

Quick question. Is it confirmed the writers of Vacation are on the new Spider-Man film? If so, how much control do Marvel Studios have over it?

Trying to watch Vacation this morning and seeing their other works on imdb, it's not exactly reassuring. The director is an interesting choice, but hoping there's more to it on the writing end.

IconGrist

Quick question. Is it confirmed the writers of Vacation are on the new Spider-Man film? If so, how much control do Marvel Studios have over it?

Trying to watch Vacation this morning and seeing their other works on imdb, it's not exactly reassuring. The director is an interesting choice, but hoping there's more to it on the writing end.

Marvel's been pretty great at keeping things tight. And I just don't see them not spending a lot of time checking on Spider-Man. It's their biggest franchise. I wouldn't worry.

Quick

Banned

I wouldn't worry too much. Marvel's creative teams are usually pretty good, and writers are given as much material as needed to work with, with Feige probably providing an outline to best fit it within the MCU.

I'd worry a little, just because this is the first Spider-Man movie within the MCU, but only because we've all probably been waiting for this for a long time. lol

To quote you:

SHIIIIIIIIEEEEEEET.

I didn't think it was starting that soon.

I was surprised by how quickly it's coming together. I mean, pre-production and anything before that probably already began the moment the show got its showrunner last year. Casting Finn Jones just seemed really late.

Casting news/rumours about Thor:Ragnarok has been quiet considering the film begins shooting in June. Only thing I've seen is that Mark Ruffalo is meant to be in it and so will Samuel L Jackson. Wondering what Nick Fury's role is in this?

Quick

Banned
Casting news/rumours about Thor:Ragnarok has been quiet considering the film begins shooting in June. Only thing I've seen is that Mark Ruffalo is meant to be in it and so will Samuel L Jackson. Wondering what Nick Fury's role is in this?

He's had it with these mother-lovin' Infinity Stones on this Monday-to-Friday realm.

BLACKLAC

Cate Blanchett is also all but confirmed.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Thor and Banner find out Thanos' plans

Banner says he has to go back to Earth to warn everyone; Thor zaps him there

Banner tells Fury that they need to get the old band back together; Fury says they're gonna need more than just the old band*

*Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Wasp

Pachimari

I'm just afraid she won't be in. She looked cool as all hell.

I also just came out of the theater having watched Batman v Superman and it's probably one of the best cbm movies I have ever seen.

curb

Banned
I also just came out of the theater having watched Batman v Superman and it's probably one of the best cbm I have ever seen.

But, but, but the critics and this is an MCU thread. You're not allowed to say such things.

That's not a serious comment in case it's not obvious

Seeing as Cate Blanchett is rumoured to play Hela, which has some obvious ties to the Valkyries, I wouldn't be surprised if they or just Brunnhilde made an appearance.

I just hope that Jane and Darcy are nowhere to be seen smh.

Thor's the worst part of the films.

Thats why Loki was brought in for some sequel overtime, they cant write Thor for shit.

It's because they keep pushing the present day earth and Jane bullshit. If they fully embraced the part of the Marvel universe that Thor occupies, they could do a lot more exciting stuff.

inky

They can't really do something like Godbomb that truly embraces the nature of Thor as a god and pulls from him mythology without alienating a huge number of people, and worse, their own shared universe. This Thor is no that Thor, sadly.

It is what it is. Even if people relate to Thor himself, you need that human element to tell the story through, because he still knows things about his universe that we don't. If there is no one to explain these things to, you create a disconnect. At best, they'll deliver exposition that will feel redundant, at worst, they don't explain shit at all and people don't care. Banner could play that role better than Portman, with the added benefit that he's a character people actually want to see on screen more.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
It is what it is. Even if people relate to Thor himself, you need that human element to tell the story through, because he still knows things about his universe that we don't. If there is no one to explain these things to, you create a disconnect. At best, they'll deliver exposition that will feel redundant, at worst, they don't explain shit at all and people don't care. Banner could play that role better than Portman, with the added benefit that he's a character people actually want to see on screen more.

Well said. Probably Marvel's thinking, too.

MechDX

To "lullaby" the Hulk of course

Marvel's been pretty great at keeping things tight. And I just don't see them not spending a lot of time checking on Spider-Man. It's their biggest franchise. I wouldn't worry.

I wouldn't worry too much. Marvel's creative teams are usually pretty good, and writers are given as much material as needed to work with, with Feige probably providing an outline to best fit it within the MCU.

I'd worry a little, just because this is the first Spider-Man movie within the MCU, but only because we've all probably been waiting for this for a long time. lol

Thanks. In most cases I'm a staunch defender of letting directors do their thing. But man, not a single joke landed in Vacation. Actually, I'm reminded of the list of notes Feige sent regarding ASM2 that were largely ignored. Strong arm it, this time.

Quick

Banned
Thanks. In most cases I'm a staunch defender of letting directors do their thing. But man, not a single joke landed in Vacation. Actually, I'm reminded of the list of notes Feige sent regarding ASM2 that were largely ignored. Strong arm it, this time.

I've never heard of Feige giving notes for ASM2, but it wasn't like he could really do anything at the time. Marvel and Sony didn't have their partnership then.

After ASM2 failed to reach box office expectations and Sony's attempt at a Spidey cinematic universe came down with it, I'm sure they're now all-ears when it comes to the MCU.

Quick

Banned

Ooooh, it's from the Sony hack. To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to the leaks.

brb gonna read the list.

BCDYv.gif

I think we will see a Daredevil season 3, but not until 2018 or maybe even 2019. 2017 will probably be Iron Fist and JJ season 2. 2018 will probably be The Defenders and either DD season 3, Punisher Season 1, or even Elektra season 1. I think even if they start going 3 series a year, Daredevil season 3 will probably not be a 2017 release. I'm guessing 2019.

Furthermore, I think Marvel probably wants to get these characters that they are "fixing" from being mishandled by other studios into their MCU big screen movies. Obviously, the origins story for DD is done, but they will probably want to get him his own movie. I would actually like it if they re-introduced him to the big screen in one of the phase 3 films and then have his movie in phase 4. A street level spider man in 2017 where DD gets some screen time would be the ideal way IMHO.

TDLink

I think we will see a Daredevil season 3, but not until 2018 or maybe even 2019. 2017 will probably be Iron Fist and JJ season 2. 2018 will probably be The Defenders and either DD season 3, Punisher Season 1, or even Elektra season 1. I think even if they start going 3 series a year, Daredevil season 3 will probably not be a 2017 release. I'm guessing 2019.

Furthermore, I think Marvel probably wants to get these characters that they are "fixing" from being mishandled by other studios into their MCU big screen movies. Obviously, the origins story for DD is done, but they will probably want to get him his own movie. I would actually like it if they re-introduced him to the big screen in one of the phase 3 films and then have his movie in phase 4. A street level spider man in 2017 where DD gets some screen time would be the ideal way IMHO.

There's no real reason to limit it to 2 series per year. Especially if they want to have even more Netflix shows. It's hard to keep actors under contract with gap years between seasons also. I think we'll see more than just 2 next year.

I'm actually kind of wondering if we'll see something similar to the angle they've taken with Civil War... where The Defenders may not actually be it's own show but may end up being an arc on an existing show.

Essentially Daredevil S3: The Defenders. I mean it may be S4 or it may be a JJ or Luke Cage series but you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom