• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

Ce_nHrFXIAYpHun.jpg

Ce_nOqHWsAAbFdX.jpg

Ce_nYTyXEAQozpN.jpg

LaNaranja

I'd love it if for the MCU they rewrote Mephisto's role for Loki. Hiddleston playing Thanos' sleazy forced vassal would be incredibly entertaining.

This makes too much sense not to happen.

I am really curious as to what they are going to do for the plot. I personally didn't really like Infinity Guantlet. It was sorta just the Adam Warlock and Silver Surfer show with everyone else as a super minor background character (besides Thanos of course). Drax and Strange got a bit more to do than everyone else but other than that everyone was just there to get killed in one shot.

This makes too much sense not to happen.

I am really curious as to what they are going to do for the plot. I personally didn't really like Infinity Guantlet. It was sorta just the Adam Warlock and Silver Surfer show with everyone else as a super minor background character (besides Thanos of course). Drax and Strange got a bit more to do than everyone else but other than that everyone was just there to get killed in one shot.

I dunno if it'll be like Age of Ultron in that its taking the name of an existing book and doing something entirely different but it's probably going to be a loose adaptation of Gauntlet/War at best. To be honest it will likely have more in common with Hickman's Infinity, being more of a standard evil alien overlord invasion story, albeit with less or none of the Inhuman/Thane stuff.

Surely some of the big moments from Infinity Gauntlet will come over but the setup and setting itself will probably be very different.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I really want the finger snap scene from Gauntlet at least.

I'm also curious about how/if they'll approach Thanos and Death... It's such a big part of what makes his character interesting, I hope they find a way to fit that in somehow.

IHaveIce

Banned
We really should have gotten a thanos rising movie inbetween.

We need to get Death, the cosmic abstracts and gods to actually show off how powerful you become once holding the gauntlet

I still say Infinity War part 1 is a Thanos Quest adaption.

Would be incredible but I foresee the outcries if the movie is labelled with Avengers and the main focus isn't on them

It might be the characters at different parts of the universe witnessing Thanos gathering the gems. Maybe see the GotG attempt to stop him. And then Thor and co. fail at their attempt as well. Keep the characters separate throughout, and then in the end when Thanos gets the gems all together for the first time, the heroes finally all get together and end it on a cliffhanger.
The poster for part 2 will then be a version of one of these two covers:
infinity-gauntlet-2of3.jpg

inky

Have they talked about showing Thanos's perspective in depth at all?

Previously underused villains and having to give several dozen people something to do across 2 movies doesn't really give me many hopes they would.

duckroll

Have they talked about showing Thanos's perspective in depth at all?

Previously underused villains and having to give several dozen people something to do across 2 movies doesn't really give me many hopes they would.

Even if they did say anything, it would just be more lip service. Can't really trust that they seriously give a shit about villains in these films.

inky

Even if they did say anything, it would just be more lip service. Can't really trust that they seriously give a shit about villains in these films.

Well, this is supposed to be THE guy, right. You would hope they'd treat him as a main character, which he is.

But I guess you are right.

evanmisha

Wasn't the old rumor that Part 1 would be primarily New Avengers with Part 2 bringing back the originals (
Steve gets revived, Thor and Hulk return from jail and space respectively
) for one last hurrah before most of them dip out of the MCU?

Neoxon

Sony Pictures just registered the web address SpiderManHomecomingTheMovie.com. This may be a leak of what the name of the MCU Spider-Man movie will be.

tomtom94

They've announced they're shooting parts one and two simultaneously. Does that put to bed the idea of having different heroes in each part? Does it make it more likely it will just end on a sequel-bait cliffhanger?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
They've announced they're shooting parts one and two simultaneously. Does that put to bed the idea of having different heroes in each part? Does it make it more likely it will just end on a sequel-bait cliffhanger?

I'm hoping part 1 ends with the Avengers defeated, all hope lost and maybe the Guardians appear to help.

Or...Have Cap pick up Mjolnir, shout Avengers Assemble and charge towards Thanos.

Sony Pictures just registered the web address SpiderManHomecomingTheMovie.com. This may be a leak of what the name of the MCU Spider-Man movie will be.

How apropos.

Spider-Man's finally with his rightful family.

Welcome home, Spidey, Feige will take good care of you.

witness

Black Panther is the character I'm most excited about in the MCU, for some reason even though I don't think I've read any of his comics. He just looks great and unique in this. Now I remember reading something about his role was reduced due to Spiderman, is that true?

BLACKLAC

Black Panther is the character I'm most excited about in the MCU, for some reason even though I don't think I've read any of his comics. He just looks great and unique in this. Now I remember reading something about his role was reduced due to Spiderman, is that true?

No.

Neoxon

Nah, Spidey's inclusion didn't screw over T'Challa in the slightest.

I think what happened was that Spidey's inclusion into MCU Phase 3 bumped Black Panther's solo film on their itinerary, so that might be what you're thinking of.

Yrael

tomtom94

Speaking of Thor: Ragnarok, Taika Waititi's latest film Hunt for the Wilderpeople is out now (I discovered this while stalking him on Twitter) and it's getting very nice reviews indeed.

Also, he has a writing credit on the next Disney Princess film (and I presume he'll have had a hand in the script rewrites for Ragnarok too)

inky

I don't even know why that Tom rumor started. He just said they had not told him, so he didn't know. The movie starts shooting later this year right? I'm sure they don't even have all the details of how everyone fits in just yet.

I don't even know why that Tom rumor started. He just said they had not told him, so he didn't know. The movie starts shooting later this year right? I'm sure they don't even have all the details of how everyone fits in just yet.

It's also entirely possible that Loki just isn't in Part One. Sure, they're filming back to back but considering how long the shoot will be they may not need him for a while.

They would have to be really stupid to not treat Thanos as a huge deal by this point.

The real question is the fan expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom