• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

I was able to whip this up from footage Brett Dalton posted on his Twitter.

DGOPb5e.gif

Anth0ny

I still can't believe I'm seeing civil war next week.

I'll hook you guys up with the hot take. No fanboyism.

I didn't think anything could make me this happy. God bless you marvel cinematic universe.

Quick

Banned

I didn't think anything could make me this happy. God bless you marvel cinematic universe.

Please confirm if indeed Civil WAR or Civil BORE.

IconGrist

So is Marvel slowly but surely replacing each member of the Avengers? I can't imagine Downey, Johansson, Ruffalo staying on too much longer. Do you think the MCU will continue to thrive if the original cinematic team is gone?

mreddie

So is Marvel slowly but surely replacing each member of the Avengers? I can't imagine Downey, Johansson, Ruffalo staying on too much longer. Do you think the MCU will continue to thrive if the original cinematic team is gone?

Depends, I think they can pull a James Bond on some. Replace them but the mythos remains.

I actually think Marvel has built up too much good will to do Bond casting. Superhero movies have never asked the public to stick with a cast to this level at this scale ever before.

There is no way Marvel is going to retire or kill off MCU characters just because contracts end.

There's too much money in these franchises to just stop using characters. People are going to get pissed and threaten to not see the movies when Evans isn't Cap, but we all know we'll be there.

IHaveIce

Banned

You better give us a spoiler scoop on the postcredits scene.. if it is in the early screenings included

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You better give us a spoiler scoop on the postcredits scene.. if it is in the early screenings included
But not here, in the Spoilerthread, please

But how are the impressions? Last time I looked in the thread I thought it was a Bv/ thread because everyone was talking about that movie.

witness

Been watching some MCU again to get ready for Civil War. I just gotta say that Cap's outfit and the way he fights in TA is awful. He looked terrible and was incredibly nerfed. One soldier is gonna pin him down? Really? Whedon pls. Thank God for the Russo's.

Cap's suit from the Avengers movie was fucking horrible, especially when he has the helmet on. I'm so glad they got that out of the way and we're on to better looking duds now.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Iron Fist production thread goes up on the 16th due the request of duckroll, Dr. Strange Production Thread will be updated on Thursday when the Trailer is avaiable

Pachimari

Iron Fist production thread goes up on the 16th due the request of duckroll, Dr. Strange Production Thread will be updated on Thursday when the Trailer is avaiable

Isn't the trailer coming out on Tuesday, April 12 though?

I'm fine with you updating the thread on Thursday.

Russo Bros confirm Thor (duh) and Star-Lord (WHU?!) for Infinity War

http://comicbook.com/2016/04/11/star-lord-and-thor-confirmed-for-avengers-infinity-war/

Looking beyond Civil War, the movie's directors, Joe and Anthony Russo, will be helming the pinnacle moments of Marvel's on screen world, which by the time Infinity War rolls around will be a decade old. At a press event for Captain America: Civil War, Comicbook.com had the chance to ask the Russo Brothers which character they're particularly looking forward to working on - and neither of them appeared in their latest effort.

"The movies are intended to be a culmination of everything that's happened before in the MCU so you don't want to get into spoilers but I'm a big fan of what James Gunn has done," Anthony Russo told Comicbook.com. "[Joe Russo and I] are both big fans of what James Gunn has done. Star-Lord is a fantastic character and Chris Pratt is an awesome performer so you'd be very excited," he said, teasing Pratt and Star-Lord's presence in Infinity War.

Joe Russo, on the other hand, is excited to bring the Norse God into the mix and, especially because he knows something about Thor: Ragnarok that we don't.

"I'm excited to work with Thor," Joe Russo says. "They're doing some really interesting stuff with Ragnarok and where he's gonna be at the beginning of Infinity War is gonna be a very interesting place and I think very profound. I think he's gonna have a real emotional motivation after that."

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Wasn't this like... super expected? As far as the MCU goes those are two of the most obvious characters to show up in Infinity War. It's probably the reason they're allowed to "reveal" it this early.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Wasn't this like... super expected? As far as the MCU goes those are two of the most obvious characters to show up in Infinity War. It's probably the reason they're allowed to "reveal" it this early.

Well James Gunn has repeatedly played down the connections between the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers, considering the Guardians their own thing separate from the rest of the MCU. So it's good to hear that Star-Lord will appear in Infinity War after all.

Well James Gunn has repeatedly played down the connections between the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers, considering the Guardians their own thing separate from the rest of the MCU. So it's good to hear that Star-Lord will appear in Infinity War after all.

I have suspected for a while now that James Gunn is a professional liar.

Pachimari

So 1 day till the Doctor Strange trailer? Fuck I'm excited!

And I'm finally also hype about Civil War.

See I tell you guys, the hype gets to me, a few days/weeks before each Marvel release.

Ha, as if that was ever true. The second an Infinity Stone appeared in GotG, it was never a separate thing

Pachimari

I can't wait to see what they actually do with Wasp going forward, seeing as they said, that she would play a major role and pop up in multiple Phase 3 films.

Pachimari

It makes sense to save her debut for Ant Man 2 anyway. We don't need a third introduction in this movie.

They are not saving her debut till Antman and the Wasp. She will be a prominent hero of Phase 3 and pop up in more movies.

I don't know which ones though, maybe Doctor Strange and/or Spider-Man?

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

I have suspected for a while now that James Gunn is a professional liar.

Well the Guardians are in a different galaxy (Andromeda) and GotG Vol.2 plays before Infinity War, so he wasn't lying about them being separated from the other Avengers and doing their own thing.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/716308268398878720

Russo Bros confirm Thor (duh) and Star-Lord (WHU?!) for Infinity War

http://comicbook.com/2016/04/11/star-lord-and-thor-confirmed-for-avengers-infinity-war/

"I'm excited to work with Thor," Joe Russo says. "They're doing some really interesting stuff with Ragnarok and where he's gonna be at the beginning of Infinity War is gonna be a very interesting place and I think very profound. I think he's gonna have a real emotional motivation after that."

So, Thanos gonna fuck Asgard up?

Gambit

I honestly hope Thanos is the protagonist of Infinity War 1 and will just cut through different hero line-ups, just to show how strong he is and make him a worthy final fight for so much build-up. (Beat the Guardians, get the stone, beat Asgard, get the stone, then go to earth, get Vision's stone, etc.)

Then IW2 the heroes strike back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom