• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Protip: Never trust what Loki says.

tumblr_n4i7wzWwMk1toe8uno1_500.gif

So Alfre Woodard is listed as a cast member in Civil War.

Crossing over with Luke Cage?

Rumor is (in an example of the supposed complete disconnect between the movie and TV side) she's playing a completely different character. I didn't read any more about it though as I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Rumor is (in an example of the supposed complete disconnect between the movie and TV side) she's playing a completely different character. I didn't read any more about it though as I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

yeah, in Luke Cage, she plays
a politician in Harlem named Mariah Dillard,
while in Civil War she allegedly plays
a mother whose child died in the Sokovia attack. She confronts Tony Stark about it and convinces him to support the Accords.

it's gonna be so stupid to see her in two different roles in the MCU if it's true

Neoxon

Didn't Sousa play someone on The Avengers, as well? Granted, Alfre has two relatively prominent roles, but someone playing two different characters in the MCU isn't completely unheard of.

Quick

Banned
Didn't Sousa play someone on The Avengers, as well. Granted, Alfre has two relatively prominent roles, but someone playing two different characters in the MCU isn't completely unheard of.

Played a cop during the Battle of New York.

The actress who played Quill's mom is in Cap 1 too.

Neoxon

I actually never noticed that, & I saw All Hail the King. Then again, it was a One-Shot, so I guess that instance of double-casting was easier to get away with. But the point remains the same, double-casting across the movie & TV sides of the MCU isn't anything new (it being more of a coincidence than an act of war).

At the very best it's a matter of a one-sided cross-over where this character appeared in Civil War and then they casted her to play that role in Luke Cage. Agents of SHIELD has done this multiple times.

Or they're just both small parts so insignificant that they didn't really care that the same actor is playing both.

Neoxon

At the very best it's a matter of a one-sided cross-over where this character appeared in Civil War and then they casted her to play that role in Luke Cage. Agents of SHIELD has done this multiple times.

Or they're just both small parts so insignificant that they didn't really care that the same actor is playing both.
From the sound of the lady's role in Civil War, she seems to be a somewhat minor role meant to give Tony more justification for his stance. She definitely has a bigger role in Luke Cage, so I doubt it'll be that big of an issue.

guek

Banned

What the fuck. I really hope it's not a fanboy being a little shit.

I rewatched iron man 3 earlier this week and that movie is awesome. I don't get the hate.

Some people hate that movie with such a passion and I've never understood well. I can see not liking it of course but there are posters that act like it gave them cancer. Like every MCU movie, it's at the very least competently made with complete character arcs and motivations.

I wonder if this would give the Runaways movie a chance to be a tv show instead.

I would love a Runaways show in the vein of Buffy or whatever. Cloak and Dagger can show up for some mentorship.

TDLink

To be clear, this is the same guy who played Hannibal, yes? If so, hype.

Yes that's him. He's playing the main antagonist in this film. He's also going to be playing a character in Star Wars: Rogue One.

Happy to see him in two huge blockbusters this holiday. Guy deserves it. He's outstanding.

Confirmation: Great Lakes Avengers to appear in Spider-Man movie.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/0...e?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige told EW, yes – not only does Spidey end up helping Iron Man in Civil War, but the plan is for some Marvel Cinematic Universe stalwarts to appear in Spider-Man’s film. “He is in the universe now, and the fun of the universe is that characters go back and forth,” Feige said.

Feige can’t say exactly who from the MCU will appear in the Spider-Man film, but when he was asked by EW, Civil War filmmaker Joe Russo jumped in with a suggestion.

“Let’s just say … Great Lakes Avengers,” said Russo, who directed the Captain America film with his brother Anthony.

tomtom94

You see my first thought was "I hope they use this to explore some of the underused characters" but then I remembered all the underused characters are going to be in Civil War. Hmm.

Kind of hoping in a way that it isn't Cap and Tony as per the rumours. I think we need a break from those two to allow some of the other heroes to shine, same way Iron Man disappeared between IM3 and Age of Ultron.

Just in case there are those who are unaware...

Early screenings for CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR start tonight. Spoilers will probably start appearing by the morning. BE CAREFUL.

Please be sure to clearly mark your spoilers going forward and try to avoid accidentally baiting people with "fake" spoiler tags.

Confirmation: Great Lakes Avengers to appear in Spider-Man movie.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/0...e?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

This is incorrect:

Last year, after disappointment over The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and a hacking scandal that upended leadership at the studio, Sony agreed to share the character with Marvel Studios, in exchange for getting a deadline extension.

There was no extension per se and as per the leaked emails and documents, Sony has 3 years to start production after the last movie releases (5 years if it's the ending of a trilogy done in the span of 8 years). That means Sony has until March (or May) 2017 to start shooting. The deal did not give sony an extension.

Ross61

I'm oddly not bouncing off the walls to see this. Like I'm really looking forward too it, but I already know that its gonna be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom