• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

IMAX poster.

CpKF2a1.jpg

Not so hot poster. IMAX posters are usually great.
It's much better than any of the other posters.

jmood88

IMAX poster.

CpKF2a1.jpg

Not so hot poster. IMAX posters are usually great.
They really just need to outsource all their poster-creation to fans; it would cost them a fraction of what they're paying to whatever contractor is currently charging for these generic things.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
As a reminder, talking about spoilers in this thread is okay (as the title states).

Open Spoilers for upcoming movies that are definitly plausible because people have already seen it? Not fake Spoilers like something we assume or a role reveal that was posted somewhere?

kurahador

Please open up a Cap Spoiler Thread if you want to discuss your Cap Spoilers.

Wanting to know post credit scene isn't really a big request that you need to force someone to go to a thread that will spoil everything.

Just say something like "It shows Howard The Duck arrived on earth" in spoiler tag.
Done.

c-murph

Where do they intend to go with Phase 4 and do you think Marvel Superhero movies will continue to rise in popularity once they blow their Thanos Load all up in everyone's faces?

TDLink

Open Spoilers for upcoming movies that are definitly plausible because people have already seen it? Not fake Spoilers like something we assume or a role reveal that was posted somewhere?

This topic has always been about open discussion of the MCU. As the title states, "Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)". That includes speculation, production information/leaks, as well as actual final film plot and character information. People like to still make individual MCU topics for every little thing, but any and all of it can be talked about here. Spoilers are not only allowed, they're welcome.

For movies in previews but not wide release (like this one) spoiler tags are a nice courtesy. But those topics can still show up in this thread. If you want to remain spoiler free I suggest sticking to the Civil War OT.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This topic has always been about open discussion of the MCU. As the title states, "Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)". That includes speculation, production information/leaks, as well as actual final film plot and character information. People like to still make individual MCU topics for every little thing, but any and all of it can be talked about here. Spoilers are not only allowed, they're welcome.

For movies in previews but not wide release (like this one) spoiler tags are a nice courtesy. But those topics can still show up in this thread. If you want to remain spoiler free I suggest sticking to the Civil War OT.
OK, I wont change my opinion that for the current movie there should be a stricter spoiler policy, especially for movies that are screened two weeks before the regular guy can watch it.

Just to clarify, I trust the regular folks here enough, but the Star Wars Threads have teached me that there are enough assholes out there who spoil stuff for fun.

Will unsub then.

curb

Banned
That's probably a good call. I won't spoil the film for you, but I can't guarantee your safety concerning the others.

I'm used to it around here. I jumped ship from this thread a couple weeks before Age of Ultron too. I'm getting close to bowing out of here until May 7th.

Edit: when are people going to be able to start seeing it? I should know when I need to go dark.

Anth0ny

So MCU-GAF, who's seeing Civil War early?

just a bit over 48 hours now! ^_____^

I'm used to it around here. I jumped ship from this thread a couple weeks before Age of Ultron too. I'm getting close to bowing out of here until May 7th.

Edit: when are people going to be able to start seeing it? I should know when I need to go dark.

I'm seeing it 7:30PM EST this Thursday.

Yrael

Thor 3 Casts Tessa Thompson; Natalie Portman Not Returning

Director Taika Waititi (What We Do In the Shadows) and a co-starring role for Mark Ruffalo’s Incredible Hulk aim to help bring the Thor solo films back to prominence with Ragnarok, after the somewhat forgettable Thor: The Dark World. Now, a new star has joined the production in a just announced “key role”: Tessa Thompson, last seen as the female lead of the Rocky-revival Creed.

No specific details have been provided as to what role Thompson will play in Thor: Ragnarok, including whether or not she is going to be stepping into the role of an established Marvel Comics character or if her role is a new figure created specifically for the film – one which Waititi has (jokingly?) said will be even more comedic than The Dark World (itself, a buddy action/comedy for Thor and Loki at times), but might yet prove to be major divergence in tone, style and setting from the previous two Thor movies. Marvel has not officially confirmed anything about the casting, though many reports suggest that the character could be Thor’s new love interest, what with THR also reporting that Oscar-winner Natalie Portman (who plays Thor’s love interest/scientist Jane Foster in the MCU) is not returning for Ragnarok.

Deadline is reporting that Thompson will play a character in Ragnarok who is “a kind of superhero and will appear in other Marvel films as well.” If so, that raises the possibility that Thompson could be playing new imaginings of either The Enchantress (usually a villain) or Brunhilde (a heroine, like Thor culled from actual Norse mythology); two characters often framed as romantic interests in the Thor comics that fans have been eager to see join the movies. The other most-notable potential Thor partner, Lorelei, has already appeared in the MCU as a villain on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the past.

Known to TV audiences for a supporting role on Veronica Mars, Thompson is best recognized by movie fans for her roles in politically-charged dramas like Tyler Perry’s For Colored Girls and the Sundance hit Dear White People. In 2015 she got perhaps her biggest exposure yet playing Bianca, an aspiring musician dealing with a chronic hearing-impairment, in Creed, the Rocky psuedo-sequel directed by future Black Panther writer/director Ryan Coogler. She’s also currently part of the cast for HBO’s in-production series Westworld and will star opposite Portman in Annihilation, the upcoming sci-fi film by Ex Machina director Alex Garland.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Cool poster, but a lot of people walking by it in theaters won't know what movie it's for, at least not for another several months.

jmood88

Yup. I think that's the joke.
He didn't break up with her, he said that she became an expert in some random scientific field, then said that she was better than Pepper.

Edit: unless you're saying that the joke is him having to address why she wasn't present in Age of Ultron

curb

Banned
He didn't break up with her, he said that she became an expert in some random scientific field, then said that she was better than Pepper.

Edit: unless you're saying that the joke is him having to address why she wasn't present in Age of Ultron

Yes

curb

Banned
Yeah, as much as I'm thrilled Portman won't be in this, I'm curious to see if they can write her out of the franchise in a satisfying way.

I feel like that's a big "if". If she's not going to be onscreen for it then I doubt they can do it and make it have any meaning. Unless they don't and Thor is just torn about having feelings for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom