• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

This thread is for the community to talk about ongoing announcements and updates on Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe films. Not a dumping ground for random fanfiction about Fox's X-men movies.

http://mcuexchange.com/douglas-petrie-and-marco-ramirez-named-showrunners-for-the-defenders/

Douglas Petrie (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) and Marco Ramirez (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Orange is the New Black”) are set to return as showrunners to the Marvel Universe for the Netflix Original Series “Marvel’s The Defenders“!

Another alum from “Marvel’s Daredevil,” Oscar-nominee Drew Goddard (“The Martian,” “Lost,” “Alias”), will also join the team as an Executive Producer.

The Executive Producers and showrunners of “Marvel’s Daredevil” Season 2 will unite the Man Without Fear with Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist for the mini-series event bringing our heroes together to face their biggest threat yet.

Is there a Spider-Man Homecoming production thread?

Tony Revolori, from Grand Budapest Hotel, and Laura Harrier added to cast. Surprisingly diverse cast thus far.

duckroll

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/We-See-Captain-Marvel-Screen-First-Time-124007.html

According to Kevin Feige, Carol Danvers will appear in Captain Marvel first before appearing in Infinity War Part 2.

He didn't say anything about Infinity War though. He said that they're holding on to the character for now when asked if we'll see her in other movies before that. Everything else is paraphrased and an assumption by Cinemablend.

I really hate this sort of "journalism" where they ask a leading question which they know is so far off there's no fixed answer for now, get a vague response, and then assemble some headline from it that sounds like a confirmation to hook fans.

Read the context. Tell me where Feige said anything about Infinity War. Lol.

Gartooth

I still think this phase of the MCU looks nuts whenever I see that release schedule. Marvel got completely confident with their universe and decided to throw everything they wanted to do at the wall. The thing that shocks me the most is that they aren't even bothering with another Iron Man movie until at least 2020 given how much money that franchise has made for them. I mean, what big name characters and franchises that they control aren't on their movie and TV schedule? Ghost Rider? Thunderbolts?

Speaking of which, what is the deal with Namor? Is it like Hulk where he could only appear in ensemble movies, or is he completely off limits?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am a idiot and forget yesterday to post the Iron Fist thread, so it will go up later today.
Tomorrow in the morning the latest, since I dont know when I am home.

Sorry, I really fucked up, but I have almost everything prepeared.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I am a idiot and forget yesterday to post the Iron Fist thread, so it will go up later today.
Tomorrow in the morning the latest, since I dont know when I am home.

Sorry, I really fucked up, but I have almost everything prepeared.

So far, all productions from Marvel Television have been set in the MCU.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This is the community thread.

But? Look at this moderator's comment?

This thread is for the community to talk about ongoing announcements and updates on Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe films. Not a dumping ground for random fanfiction about Fox's X-men movies.

It sound like it's not a place for us to have some kind of discussions for general MCU topics. I know I probably took it too literal.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
But? Look at this moderator's comment?

It sound like it's not a place for us to have some kind of discussions for general MCU topics. I know I probably took it too literal.

That's because Fox's X-Men are not part of the MCU. General MCU topics are fine and under the scope of the thread ("Discussion on released and future projects").

EDIT: Yeah, what ^ said.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Where are all the infinity stones at now?

The Tesseract/Space stone is in Loki controlled Asgard.
The Aether/Reality stone is held by the Collector on Knowhere.
The Scepter/Mind stone is in Vision's forehead.
The Orb/Power stone is under guard by the Nova Corps on Xandar.

The Time and Soul stones are still uncounted for. Chances are
that the Time one is the Eye of Agamotto held by the Ancient One and soon Doctor Strange.

The Tesseract/Space stone is in Loki controlled Asgard.
The Aether/Reality stone is held by the Collector on Knowhere.
The Scepter/Mind stone is in Vision's forehead.
The Orb/Power stone is under guard by the Nova Corps on Xandar.

The Time and Soul stones are still uncounted for. Chances are
that the Time one is the Eye of Agamotto held by the Ancient One and soon Doctor Strange.

Gotcha.

Found this as soon as you posted too.

Haha.

http://imgur.com/a/UrYBR

I asked because I wanted to piece together, in which movie Thanos would start acquiring the stones. Surely he'll have some before we even get to Part I. Otherwise I feel it will be just a lot of fluff of him getting the stones.

I'm thinking Thor 3 will have him get the one from Loki.

Infinity will probably open with him wrecking Nova Corp. A stinger in one of the movies he gets it from the collector maybe? Though news just dropped that Del Toro won't be in Guardians 2.

tomtom94

http://deadline.com/2016/04/joss-wh...ark-ruffalo-tribeca-film-festival-1201739640/

Joss Whedon reflects on his experience on Age of Ultron. interestingly enough, he says he's open to working with Marvel in the future.

Working on AoU must have taken a real toll on the guy.

When I saw him at a Q and A late last year he visibly sighed whenever he got asked a question about Marvel (partly because people thought he had more control on the MCU than he did, partly because he was clearly tired by that point). So this does not surprise me.

I hope he's at least open to punch-up work. He has a flair with dialogue, even if Ultron ended up suffering from his fight with the producers.

Anth0ny

I hope Whedon comes back to the MCU when he feels ready and enthusiastic again. I'm sure Disney would welcome him back considering he made them two $1.5 billion blockbusters.

duckroll

I hope Whedon comes back to the MCU when he feels ready and enthusiastic again. I'm sure Disney would welcome him back considering he made them two $1.5 billion blockbusters.

Why don't you want to discuss the box office phenomenon that is Michael Bay's Transformers anymore? :(

I'm a noob when it comes to Marvel and the comics, the MCU is the only exposure to the brand that I have as the comics seem too much of a minefield for me to get into, so I've been wondering, who else do Marvel have in their stable that is considered a major character?

I've seen stuff about the Sub-Mariner being part of the original Avengers, are there any other major characters that haven't been spoken about yet that Marvel own? Or are we at the scraping the barrel stage already? She-Hulk is another one I see pop up but personally just a girl version of Hulk I'd find to be a bit redundant (don't flame me, never picked up a Marvel comic in my life)

I'm a noob when it comes to Marvel and the comics, the MCU is the only exposure to the brand that I have as the comics seem too much of a minefield for me to get into, so I've been wondering, who else do Marvel have in their stable that is considered a major character?

I've seen stuff about the Sub-Mariner being part of the original Avengers, are there any other major characters that haven't been spoken about yet that Marvel own? Or are we at the scraping the barrel stage already? She-Hulk is another one I see pop up but personally just a girl version of Hulk I'd find to be a bit redundant (don't flame me, never picked up a Marvel comic in my life)

You mean aside from the upcoming stuff (Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Inhumans)?

I guess both Ghost Rider and Blade can be considered major characters. Maybe throw in Moon Knight as well.

On a cosmic level we're still missing Nova, Adam Warlock and I guess Phyla-Vell (aka Quasar, aka Martyr) and Moondragon.

The Asgard side is missing Brunnhilde and Angela
AND BETA RAY BILL
off the top of my head. And then there's off course the Greek pantheon.

I am not sure what the legal situation is there but Jessica Drew aka Spider-Woman is a separate character from Spider-Man and pretty important as well.

Blue Marvel has a pretty prominent role in the new Ultimates run. Same with Monica Rambeau, currently going by the name Spectrum.

Tons of characters left tbh.

Also, describing She-Hulk as "a girl version of Hulk" doesn't even begin to do her justice.

Popstar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Avengers_members would have been a interesting read a few years ago if you were trying to predict who they would introduce.

Founders Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man, Wasp, Hulk
1960s recruits Captain America, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Swordsman, Hercules, Black Panther, Vision, Black Knight
1970s recruits Black Widow, Mantis, Beast, Moondragon, Hellcat, Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers), Falcon

So not yet introduced we have:
Swordsman - a villain who didn't become a regular member
Hercules
Black Knight - Has bounced around and is not really associated with the Avengers anymore
Mantis - will be in Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Beast - rights owned by Fox (X-Men)
Moondragon - now associated with Cosmic Marvel (would probably be in Guardians if she appeared)
Ms. Marvel - now known as Captain Marvel and has her own movie announced.
(Hellcat aka Patsy Walker appears in Jessica Jones)

EDIT: I just realized that the (Marvel retained) foundational character most missing from the MCU is Rick Jones. Agent Coulson should have been Agent Jones.

dabig2

EDIT: I just realized that the (Marvel retained) foundational character most missing from the MCU is Rick Jones. Agent Coulson should have been Agent Jones.

Amadeus Cho is a better Rick Jones than Rick Jones. I have faith Marvel will try to use him to bolster diversity in the future. What we're missing is a Clay Quartermain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom