• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
EDIT: I just realized that the (Marvel retained) foundational character most missing from the MCU is Rick Jones. Agent Coulson should have been Agent Jones.

I believe that in Incredible Hulk, Rick Jones' name is seen on a document in the opening credits montage.

Anth0ny

Why don't you want to discuss the box office phenomenon that is Michael Bay's Transformers anymore? :(

I think we came to a solid conclusion... people think they're fun, despite the critical response. and so they will continue to make billions.

I had no idea you were such a fan of the films lol

TEJ

I dont know if this is old or not but james gunn just confirmed via facebook that
mantis
is in guardians vol 2. Played by
pom klementieff

dabig2

I dont know if this is old or not but james gunn just confirmed via facebook that
mantis
is in guardians vol 2. Played by
pom klementieff

Everyone pretty much guessed this months ago when her name first came up. My question is if she's playing Mantis green or not. I think it would be muuuuuch better to have her play as the original non-green Mantis since we already have Zoe Saldana's beautiful face painted over.

XAL

CgcLe7bUAAQwCmD.jpg

https://twitter.com/PomKlementieff/status/722558913430888448

You mean aside from the upcoming stuff (Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Inhumans)?

I guess both Ghost Rider and Blade can be considered major characters. Maybe throw in Moon Knight as well.

On a cosmic level we're still missing Nova, Adam Warlock and I guess Phyla-Vell (aka Quasar, aka Martyr) and Moondragon.

The Asgard side is missing Brunnhilde and Angela
AND BETA RAY BILL
off the top of my head. And then there's off course the Greek pantheon.

I am not sure what the legal situation is there but Jessica Drew aka Spider-Woman is a separate character from Spider-Man and pretty important as well.

Blue Marvel has a pretty prominent role in the new Ultimates run. Same with Monica Rambeau, currently going by the name Spectrum.

Tons of characters left tbh.

Also, describing She-Hulk as "a girl version of Hulk" doesn't even begin to do her justice.

Ghost Rider, Blade and Spider-Woman are the only ones I've heard of (and 2 of those are because of their previous movies). Good to know there's still decent characters to come though, as when the contracts for the likes of RDJ and Evans expire, it's likely a lot of the more casual fans will lose interest.

And yeah I did think there was more to She-Hulk than my description but like I said, never touched a comic book in my life :p

Swordsman - a villain who didn't become a regular member
Hercules
Black Knight - Has bounced around and is not really associated with the Avengers anymore
Mantis - will be in Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Beast - rights owned by Fox (X-Men)
Moondragon - now associated with Cosmic Marvel (would probably be in Guardians if she appeared)
Ms. Marvel - now known as Captain Marvel and has her own movie announced.
(Hellcat aka Patsy Walker appears in Jessica Jones)

EDIT: I just realized that the (Marvel retained) foundational character most missing from the MCU is Rick Jones. Agent Coulson should have been Agent Jones.

Gonna look into some of these characters, I know GotG proved that the general public are open to more of Marvel's obscure characters but like I said above, Phase 4 is going to be a testing time if this is the roster they rely on

Busaiku

So I decided to finally get the Phase One and Phase Two sets, and this'll actually be my first time watching anything prior to Dark World and Winter Soldier, minus Thor and Avengers. I've watched everything since, but missed out on most of the Phase One and Iron Man 3 stuff.
In any case, I know the sets have a bunch of extras though, so does anyone have the proper viewing order for that extra stuff?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
AVENGERS IMPACT: A WHIH Newsfront Special Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvkZx3Lojuc
What I'm more impressed with is that the "movie" footage doesn't look like it was just ripped from the Blu Ray. It looked like on set behind the scenes shots or unfiltered/post processed footage which in turns makes it look like TV camera footage. That's a nice touch. I really hate when shows try to show "news footage" and we're just shown actual clips form the movie or tv show with impossible angles/shots that no TV crew could've attained, haha.

Anth0ny

What I'm more impressed with is that the "movie" footage doesn't look like it was just ripped from the Blu Ray. It looked like on set behind the scenes shots or unfiltered/post processed footage which in turns makes it look like TV camera footage. That's a nice touch. I really hate when shows try to show "news footage" and we're just shown actual clips form the movie or tv show with impossible angles/shots that no TV crew could've attained, haha.

yeah, even Avengers does this. it's always annoyed me haha.

mreddie

Nice touch.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Hear, hear.

I also liked that they referenced the SHIELD data leak. I don't think AoS ever addressed it. You'd think a huge info dump from an intelligence agency would be super important.

The Tesseract/Space stone is in Loki controlled Asgard.
The Aether/Reality stone is held by the Collector on Knowhere.
The Scepter/Mind stone is in Vision's forehead.
The Orb/Power stone is under guard by the Nova Corps on Xandar.

The Time and Soul stones are still uncounted for. Chances are
that the Time one is the Eye of Agamotto held by the Ancient One and soon Doctor Strange.

There's also some speculation that
the Soul Gem could end up getting tied to Black Panther and eventually getting his King of the Dead powerup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom