• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaron

Sucks Whedon chickened out on that look and kept the A1 hairstyle. Russos do love long haired Widow.
what's more lame is that she's had that hairstyle since filming CW and even dyed it red.

TZolOG8.jpg

WHY THEY NO GIVE

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
So, the latest WHIH is up and they mention Johannesburg. Is that the first confirmation the Hulk/Iron Man fight actually took place in South Africa?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Was there ever a doubt in that?

I mean, they shot it in South Africa, but I think the movie kept it nebulous. I haven't watched AoU in awhile, but when they go to the tanker, they just say they're "on the African coast" or something like that.

inky

I mean, they shot it in South Africa, but I think the movie kept it nebulous. I haven't watched AoU in awhile, but when they go to the tanker, they just say they're "on the African coast" or something like that.

Weird. I don't remember exactly, but I always thought they made it clearer than that. Maybe it was due to Klaw's accent or some signage in the town.

Neoxon

There's a direct reference to the ATCU getting attacked in the WHIH interview with President Ellis. I think it was that one organization led by an ex-SHIELD agent (The Watchdogs).

shingi70

Banned
Ellis is a joke. probably one of the worst US president ever. Can't believe people voted for this clown.

I voted for him and would do so again. The way he's handled the recent incidents is commendable. After Shield fell he made sure that the other branches of US intelligence and Military were able to cover the slack before forming the ATC to contuines the fight that the SSR and Shield started.

Weird. I don't remember exactly, but I always thought they made it clearer than that. Maybe it was due to Klaw's accent or some signage in the town.

The Watchdogs.

Neoxon

I voted for him and would do so again. The way he's handled the recent incidents is commendable. After Shield fell he made sure that the other branches of US intelligence and Military were able to cover the slack before forming the ATC to contuines the fight that the SSR and Shield started.
You believe the rumors of the ATCU being the public face of SHIELD these days?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I bet this attack on Laos in just another show caused by those villigantes themself on their desperate road for recognition.
We should support real heroes, like John Jameson, a astronaut and a real american hero.

Avengers are NWO!
I hears rumors about strange things that are supposed to happen between the Vision and this one woman... Wanda Maximoff.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What, you'd prefer someone like Norman Osborn to be the President? That guy just doesn't sit right with me...
#Osborn2016! Even this Donald Trump guy endorses him.
Maybe he even has a solution on this Avengers sitution and gets some iron but patriotic solutions in the play.

I love how this videos bring people to post in-Universe. Lot of fun with this, to sad the gag will be over in the next days :/

shingi70

Banned
You believe the rumors of the ATCU being the public face of SHIELD these days?

Nope, Shield was flawed from the start. The ATCU is a new dawn with Glen Talbot at the helm.

The Ellis Administration has had strong Domestic and Forgien policy when it comes to the handling of Alien and Powered Individuals. Hopefully the Avengers Standoff Behind them to help train powered people go be the proctectors we need.

Neoxon

Nope, Shield was flawed from the start. The ATCU is a new dawn with Glen Talbot at the helm.

The Ellis Administration has had strong Domestic and Forgien policy when it comes to the handling of Alien and Powered Individuals. Hopefully the Avengers Standoff Behind them to help train powered people go be the proctectors we need.
And what of the reports of Inhumans running around?

boiled goose

good with gravy
Rewatched a lot of the movies in preparation for Civil War.
Some longish impressions. Feel free to discuss any single point that you find interesting/disagree with. Spoilers of course.

Iron Man 1: still enjoyable. The main issues are with the final battle. This movie started the MCU trend of enemies using the same tech as the heroes. I dislike when this happens. It makes the hero's abilities less unique and leads to boring battles. Orthogonal conflicts are the best, when heroes and villains have different skill sets. Still a top 5 MCU movie for me I think.

Iron Man 2: Not THAT bad. This movie gets a bit of undeserved hate IMO. It has some funny moments and some decent action sequences. The main issue with the movie is the villain. Again another villain using the same tech and with weak motivations. There was potential here. Whips that can cut everything against iron man was potentially interesting. Whiplash using drones vs manned suits was potentially interesting due to the “orthogonality” and later implications in UItron/IM3. But then, whiplash gets into a freaking suit…

The whole “new element” sequence was not done well. They made it seem like a silly coincidence instead of something that the father actually left behind. Advanced tech coming from the cube is an interesting idea, but just not presented clearly enough in the movie itself. I also do not like how Rhodey just stole and used the suit. This needed further explanation. Something along the lines of this suit being lent to Rhodey to mess around with previously and something he had at least played around with. They should have also had a little bit more showing why even with the ability to modify and tweek around with the suit, the government/other companies still couldn’t completely reverse engineer it.

So Overall, IM2 is ok. It is an adequate sequel, but it didn't really introduce any big concepts or themes.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/marvel-studios-origin-secrets-revealed-889795

Here's a interesting article about former Marvel Studios executive David Maisel.

This part is the most frightening though:

Maisel says the company's focus was on licensing other characters, "the more movies, the better because there's more consumer products to sell." Soon after he started, the company was poised to license Captain America to Warner Bros. and Thor to Sony. "If I had gotten there three months, six months later, those deals would have been done," he says. "And there would be no chance to bring all these characters together."

Marvel selling the Captain America rights to WB? Perish the thought!

btown

Warner? Seriously? Is this guy stupid?

No, he blocked Ike from doing it.

Maisel lobbied to block the Captain America and Thor deals. "Ike will challenge your argument and your logic in a tough way sometimes, but he will listen, and eventually I convinced him to support what I needed to do to at least try to make a studio," he says.

Quick

Banned
A Warner-produced Cap film. Man - imagine the alternate universe where this happens. Then imagine if New Line kept the Iron Man rights.

If a specific set of circumstances had happened, something of a merged universe could've still happened, but not at the level of the MCU. New Line merged with Warner Bros., so there may have been something like a Captain America v Iron Man movie down the line.

But thank god the rights weren't sold and that Marvel got Iron Man back.

jmood88

A Warner-produced Cap film. Man - imagine the alternate universe where this happens. Then imagine if New Line kept the Iron Man rights.

If a specific set of circumstances had happened, something of a merged universe could've still happened, but not at the level of the MCU. New Line merged with Warner Bros., so there may have been something like a Captain America v Iron Man movie down the line.

Captain America v Iron Man v Batman v Superman: Dawn of Avengers

In my IMAX seat right now. Still over an hour to go until it starts.

They gave us these cool tickets:

Tetz4wS.jpg

Edit: I just saw two guys dressed as Captain America (complete with shield) and Iron Man walk in. I saluted Cap. Hah.

jmood88

In my IMAX seat right now. Still over an hour to go until it starts.

They gave us these cool tickets:

Tetz4wS.jpg

Edit: I just saw two guys dressed as Captain America (complete with shield) and Iron Man walk in. I saluted Cap. Hah.
That's pretty nice. I've never gotten a promotional ticket before.

I can imagine a WB Cap series staying in WWII, meaning it wouldn't crossover with anything else. Honestly, if the right talent was onboard, it could've been cool. Obviously the Cap sequels we got are great but rushing through Cap's WWII career to get him frozen for Avengers is one of those missed opportunities of the MCU.

boiled goose

good with gravy
I can imagine a WB Cap series staying in WWII, meaning it wouldn't crossover with anything else. Honestly, if the right talent was onboard, it could've been cool. Obviously the Cap sequels we got are great but rushing through Cap's WWII career to get him frozen for Avengers is one of those missed opportunities of the MCU.

After watching Cap 1, the movie is really rushed. The best part of the movie is the setup.
After that, it is montage after montage of action sequences. I thought to myself a Captain America + Howling Commandos TV series would make a lot of sense.

El Topo

I'm not sure if you want to quote Roddenberry when talking about diversity. I think the diversity part of the interview is the only somewhat weak part.

That said, maybe the best/most interesting Feige interview I've read. Thanks for posting. Maybe even thread-worthy?

I just realized that I want the Antman sequel to be a movie that takes place both in the past and the present. Like, Scott/Hope bits interspersed with Hank/Janet bits. Have the past bits dealing with some threat that they thought they had defeated in the Cold War and have it resurface in the present. While you're in the Cold War past, throw in a brainwashed Winter Soldier fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom