• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Roxxon is everywhere. It was in Iron Man 3, AoS, and Agent Carter iirc.
I know but I thought about the Antarktis stuff, which sounded a little bit random and I thought that it may be connected to AoS

... But while spraking about it, what was Elektras deal with them in Daredevil again? I remember it beei something ethical wrong, was it maybe that?

IconGrist

My buddy learned a valuable lesson today. He follows a bunch of comic pages on Facebook and one of them spoiled Civil War for him. Anyway, just a heads up if you do a similar thing. What sucks though is he was supposed to go with me to see it but now he doesn't want to. I hate going to the movies by myself.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My buddy learned a valuable lesson today. He follows a bunch of comic pages on Facebook and one of them spoiled Civil War for him. Anyway, just a heads up if you do a similar thing. What sucks though is he was supposed to go with me to see it but now he doesn't want to. I hate going to the movies by myself.
But why? Its still a great movie and its fun to watch the plot unfold and see the greatest action scene in superhero cinema

https://twitter.com/WHIHOfficial/status/726849487264616449

Does #TonyStark really own the #IronMan suit, or should the government claim control?

ChZJuzwUgAEWnF4.jpg

Well, you can forget it. I am Iron Man. The suit and I are one. To turn over the Iron Man suit would be to turn over myself, which is tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution, depending on what state you're in. You can't have it.

sWMX74M.png

IconGrist

But why? Its still a great movie and its fun to watch the plot unfold and see the greatest action scene in superhero cinema

He's one of those "I read it on Wiki and that's good enough" types. Now that he knows what happens he doesn't care to see it. It's super annoying.

AMUSIX

Question:
Several filmmakers have tried to turn Watchmen into a movie and failed. One issue Hollywood has always had with the material is that it requires an intimate familiarity with the superhero genre in order to fully appreciate it. Does the fact that Watchmen is finally being made into a movie indicate something has changed in the culture?
Zack Snyder from 2008 said:
The average movie audience has seen — well, I can’t even count the amount of superhero movies. Fantastic Four, X-Men, Superman, Spider-Man. The Marvel universe has gone nuts; we’re going to have a fricking Captain America movie if we’re not careful. Thor, too! We’re on our second Hulk movie. And Iron Man — $300 million domestic box office on a second tier superhero! And not to demean Iron Man — my point is that we all know about superheroes now. I can ask my mother, ”Mom, when the Hulk isn’t the Hulk, who is he?” ”Bruce Banner. Why? What a weird question.” I could ask her, ”What happened to Bruce Wayne’s parents?” ”They were killed at an opera.” You’re getting to that saturation level where superhero movies, it’s hard for them to figure out what more to do.
http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder/2

edit: whoops. wrong thread, but it sort of fits here better anyway. Interesting to see the change in reaction to the MCU over the past 8 years.

IconGrist

Question:
Several filmmakers have tried to turn Watchmen into a movie and failed. One issue Hollywood has always had with the material is that it requires an intimate familiarity with the superhero genre in order to fully appreciate it. Does the fact that Watchmen is finally being made into a movie indicate something has changed in the culture?

http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder/2

edit: whoops. wrong thread, but it sort of fits here better anyway. Interesting to see the change in reaction to the MCU over the past 8 years.

It's funny how no one gave a shit about this interview back when it actually happened but suddenly 8 years later it's been posted multiple times in several threads in the past week.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
A non-update on Most Wanted, from Deadline. Some people were wondering what happened to it. http://deadline.com/2016/04/pilots-2016-buzz-apb-conviction-1201745460/

ABC’s legal drama Conviction checks many boxes for ABC — it’s a procedABC Logoural, a genre the new regime reportedly is making a push into; and it has a strong female protagonist to mesh with the network’s signature serialized dramas, including the Shondaland trio. The pilot starring Hayley Atwell has been steadily gaining momentum over the past couple of weeks. The Death of Eva Sofia Valdez starring Gina Torres has been on a similar trajectory, garnering stronger buzz as time progressed. On the more testosterone side, ABC has the straight-to-series drama Designated Survivor starring Kiefer Sutherland, and Marvel’s Most Wanted, which still looks like a no-brainer. Тhe heavily serialized pilots murder-trial drama The Jury continues to have fans, with the Mark Geragos-inspired Notorious also well received. John Ridley’s female PI drama Presence also is being talked about, with some suggesting that it may come down to picking up the new project or renewing Ridley’s praised ABC series American Crime. The Reese Witherspoon-produced Broken, which was an early standout, may have slipped down a notch but is still in contention.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I appreciate and like what they do and I know that they have just limited stuff that they can do with that Twitter account, but whats the point in bringing up a 10 year old storyline? It should be more about the more recent events...

Technically, Iron Man 2 is set in 2011 so it's only a 5-year-old storyline. And it seems to play in well with Civil War's themes, anyway.

After watching Civil War again...

The 117 nations of the UN is intriguing. There are 193 real life member nations of the UN, so this implies that the geographical makeup of the MCU is very different from reality. Obviously Sokovia and Wakanda are fictional, but have they taken the place of an actual country? Wakanda looked like it would be where Burundi is on the map in CW, while Sokovia looks about where Slovakia or Hungary would be.

I wonder if that 117 number was something they plucked out of nowhere or if there is an actual map in Feige's office that describes the global borders of the MCU.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
After watching Civil War again...

The 117 nations of the UN is intriguing. There are 193 real life member nations of the UN, so this implies that the geographical makeup of the MCU is very different from reality. Obviously Sokovia and Wakanda are fictional, but have they taken the place of an actual country? Wakanda looked like it would be where Burkina Faso is on the map in CW, while Sokovia looks about where Slovakia or Hungary would be.

I wonder if that 117 number was something they plucked out of nowhere or if there is an actual map in Feige's office that describes the global borders of the MCU.

We need a Hyrule Historia of the MCU

It would sell so many copies

Gazunta

I thought Ross said that there were 117 countries that were on board for the Sakovian Accords, not that there were 117 countries in the world and they were ALL on board?

I thought Ross said that there were 117 countries that were on board for the Sakovian Accords, not that there were 117 countries in the world and they were ALL on board?

That's true. It was never stated that it was all the countries. I just assumed that a UN resolution passing and adopting the Accords would be binding on all members.

Since Wakanda is a signatory to the Accords, that would technically put them in breach since they're
harbouring the Winter Soldier now

And if the Accords are only adopted by 117 countries, then Cap's Avengers could seek refuge in the 70+ countries that didn't sign on... and that they would have free reign to continue operating in those countries. It seems counter-intuitive that the Accords would be non-binding since they are meant to establish a complete global oversight for superheroes.

Quick

Banned
Who would have thought that all 8 years ago.

For extra nostalgia: Iron Man trailer.

Seeing that pic, it's insanely impressive all they've built in less than a decade

It's impressive looking at the MCU schedule now compared to 8 years ago and seeing the world they built within the timeframe.

Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk came out in 2008, then there was a two-year gap, then Iron Man 2 in 2010, then Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger in 2011, with The Avengers wrapping it all up in 2012. Then it was full-steam ahead from Phase 2 onward.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Saw Civil War on Friday! Great stuff!

Was it ever confirmed if Alfre Woodward was playing the same character in Iron Fist or is it the film and tv being completely disconnected again?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Saw Civil War on Friday! Great stuff!

Was it ever confirmed if Alfre Woodward was playing the same character in Iron Fist or is it the film and tv being completely disconnected again?

Luke Cage, and it's not the same character. It's also not the first time an actor plays multiple roles in the MCU.

anaron

speaking of Scarlett, in Civil War, does BW end up sporting the GOAT hair like this photo seemed to indicate she would?

TZolOG8.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
From the WHIH FB.https://www.facebook.com/WHiHofficial/?fref=ts
Reports are flooding in regarding the masked individual known as Spider-man. The masked character is believed to have saved a bus full of passengers from being hit by a car. Onlookers say that he caught the car centimetres before it made contact.
We still have no confirmation of who/what the individual is, but this is the most solid piece of information we currently have.
Please be on the lookout for a man/woman wearing red and blue with black swimming goggles on.
Authorities say "Although we do not believe this person is a threat, please approach with caution as we are unaware of ability and mentality."
They proceeded to comment on their views of the footage found on the Internet.
"We have seen the web footage, but all the videos we have seen, which is a lot, do not look real enough to take as solid evidence. The videos are grainy and appear to be home made."

edit: Hmm not sure if official.

inky

Except it's not. It looks brighter in the movie, especially in the airport scene. But it's also more muted, as are all the colors overall. Like, I'm not an expert in all the hair dye shades between redhead and brunette, but even in those pics you can see the scene and ambient lighting (even color correction I assume) making even the skin tone look different.

In any case, she changes her hair every movie, I'm not sure why you'd expect an explanation for it.

anaron

Except it's not. It looks brighter in the movie, especially in the airport scene. But it's also more muted, as are all the colors overall. Like, I'm not an expert in all the hair dye shades between redhead and brunette, but even in those pics you can see the scene and ambient lighting (even color correction I assume) making even the skin tone look different.

In any case, she changes her hair every movie, I'm not sure why you'd expect an explanation for it.

Because she's consistently a redhead regardless? and it has nothing to do with lighting, the off set photos show the hair in the exact same colour.

I thought it was likely a disguise (for whatever reason) and would lead into a reveal that she's secretly sporting this iconic 80s look since Scarlett IRL has the exact same hair and dyed it red in those pics.

VPlMZNY.jpg

69OTpNF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom