• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

Welp. That setup episode for Most Wanted look so silly now.

First Inhumans, now this. Loeb and Perlmutter is having a heart attack right now.

El Topo

If ABC is losing confidence in their Marvel shows on their channel, they could move them to Netflix.
International rights already taken might make this less interesting for Netflix.

Edit:
Of course this only holds for shows that have aired already, not those in development.

Agent Carter cancellation hurts but I can't say I'm too sad about Most Wanted not happening. I'm more interested in Damage Control and John Ridley's Marvel project.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Second Season of Agent Carter was a pretty steep drop in quality from Season 1 and Most Wanted always seemed like a bad idea since Bobbi is dead weight. Agent Carter had potential still, but overall no big losses. Damage Control and more hero series like Cloak and Dagger are the way to go.

Most Wanted sounded kinda crap to me, anyway. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has kinda lost me lately and... I dunno. I feel like these shows aren't really worth the effort.

But that's just me. (Never watched Agent Carter so I can't comment on that)

Damage Control and John Ridley's projects could be interesting, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pachimari

Someone made a Civil War poster including the TV guys.

13174031_10154233446894052_2211985247927432522_n.jpg

Also, Paolo Rivera made his own Civil War poster.

captain-america---civil-war-rgb-300ppi-182286.jpg
These two look so good. I should print them out on A4 photo paper and frame them.

Neoxon

If SHIELD ends after Season 4, I could see the likes of Quake, Mockingbird (since she's now a free agent), & Coulson showing up on Netflix.

Really surprised they thought Most Wanted was a good idea when AoS doesn't exactly do crazy numbers. I'm really curious what angle they were coming at it from to justify it's possible existence in the first place. I'm not exactly excited for Damage Control, but at least that's going to be a completely different show.

kurahador

Remember when we thought Coulson being alive would be brought up in Avengers 2?
AoS is on the verge of cancellation now and that still didn't happen. Fuck you Whedon.

AoS is on the verge of cancellation now and that still didn't happen. Fuck you Whedon.

What I remember is on Jimmy Kimmel's AoU special, Clark Gregg asks the cast if they'll appear on AoS. Super awkward moment.

Vibranium

Banned
Personally I would love a Winter Soldier show, Sebastian Stan did a lot of TV acting so it would totally be possible, the arm CGI wouldn't be too expensive I'd imagine. After seeing CW I really hope Bucky isn't in stasis for all of Infinity War. I want him to start working in the shadows as a spy like in the comics, have Fury hook him up with missions or something.

inky

Oh yes, I remember thinking that. I was such a fool.

Actually I just thought they'd find out somehow, not that he'd have a big role again. Although I guess it makes sense they didn't and don't give a shit anymore.

I bet 5 GAF Dollars (see: worthless):

- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. won't continue when season 4 is done
- Coulson will die sometime then
- The Avengers never find out he came back and don't give a fuck about what happens on TV

Zero-ELEC

Banned
The dream... is dead.

1E1yoBN.png

At least we have The Punisher.

As always credit to shield for the original.

EDIT: I really wish there was a way I could just update an image instead of having to upload a new one every time there's a change.

TDLink

The dream... is dead.

1E1yoBN.png

EDIT: I really wish there was a way I could just update an image instead of having to upload a new one every time there's a change.

Updated the OP. Thanks as always

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Here's hoping that the axe for MMW will bring Bobbi and Lance back into SHIELD. Missed them, but couldn't see them carrying their own show either.

Wow sucks to see Agents Carter cancelled after season 2, especially since it ended in a cliffhanger. I'm honestly not surprised seeing as the show didn't grab high ratings. I honestly tried to enjoy it, but I really didn't get engaged in the story as much as season 1. And I would have honestly like to see how Most Wanted would have turned out, though in hindsight it did kind of seem unnecessary to considered. I would at least like to see some other networks like Netflix pick it up or, as mentioned, just have Bobbi and Lance return in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Heck I think, it would be best if the shows would move to Netflix, since the ABC shows air at a time people would begin sleeping.

hamchan

I guess I'm not that sad if all the ABC shows get axed.

I love the MCU, the movies, the Netflix shows but I just found it very hard to get into Agents of SHIELD and Carter.

Gambit

One of my big problems with Agent Carter season 2 was that it seemed like a worse retread of season 1.

Season 1 portrayed Carter's life after WWII. She proved herself to all the men, fought a Russian counterpart, and finally let go of Cap. So season 2 has to continue from there and maybe show her actually setting up SHIELD, right? Wrong.

Instead she is sent to the other Coast, where she once again has to prove her worth, fight her LA counterpart, and finally find herself a boyfriend. It seemed weirdly regressive.

It's just not what I wanted (which is fine), but unfortunately what I got instead was rather boring.

Despite Carter, Jarvis, Sousa being very likeable.

Give me espionage. Give me war flashbacks. Give me the Howling Commandoes etc. Many things I would have enjoyed, but I didn't get any of them.

kurahador

Agent Carter Season 2 was a pile of missteps one after another beginning with episode count expansion, changing location, exploring storylines that has no impact on the established narratives, and worst of all ending it on a cliffhanger. It's a shame really.

It's like they become too complacent due to the praises they got from critics for Season 1.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'm not that sad if all the ABC shows get axed.

I love the MCU, the movies, the Netflix shows but I just found it very hard to get into Agents of SHIELD and Carter.

I feel the same (with the dc shows as well). To be honest I don't like the usual tv shows with 20+ episodes anymore (except for sitcoms), I prefer the trimmed down movie like shows (8-15 eps) like Luther, Breaking Bad, Netflix Shows, GoT, True Detective... Not only is the overall quality different and on another league, but the acting is also somewhat bad, which makes the characters less interesting and not real.

TDLink

I actually found Carter season 1 overall pretty mediocre with a few exceptional moments. I thought season 2 was a bit better and had a more interesting plot but a disappointing/not great finale. The cliffhanger is a pretty light hook for a third season so it being unresolved isn't really a big deal...we just have to assume Thompson was killed by a random Hydra agent for betraying them.

Ultimately I don't think losing Agent Carter after two seasons is that bad. The show never really lived up to its potential and was rarely exceptional. Jarvis was enjoyable and entertaining at times, Howard Stark was underutilized and typically when he was utilized it wasn't in a great or memorable way. And the rest of the cast was pretty hammy and underdeveloped, both before and after they killed off several. Haley Atwell was always great but the rest never seemed to get on her level.

curb

Banned
It sounds like I'm in the minority but I enjoyed season 2 of Carter more than season 1. I would love it if somehow they wrapped up her immediate story. I still want an answer to that whole "Captain Rogers saved the man that would become my husband" thing.

I could see Agents of Shield ending after next season. I love that show but it's had a good run. They really turned it around (for the most part) after season one. Do one more good season and wrap it up.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Can't say I'm saddened about Most Wanted. No interest in it at all. Move them back to AoS.

Hopefully SHIELD isn't cancelled any time soon

dorikyasu

The problem I have with AoS (S3) & Agent Carter (S2) were that they tried to be way more than what they should have been - a companion piece to MCU movies' events.
Instead, both shows wanted to have their own world ending catastrophic events that only they could save the world from.
Which might sound good on paper, but when those supposedly big events are not reflected (or not even mentioned briefly) in the movies, it just makes the whole thing feel pointless and Not Really Connected.
I really hope AoS showrunners realize what the show should really be for the upcoming possibly last season and shape up.

El Topo

AoS has had very bad ratings for a while now (e.g. worse than Flash this season) and it is about to reach enough episodes for syndication next season (I think). That said, ABC also recently got a new managing director and it seems she is not taking prisoners.

I honestly can't see how they'll move forward with Damage Control. DC's show has the exact same premise and Marvel shows apparently haven't been big for ABC. I bet it'll get swept under the rug. Too bad. Hopefully Powerless is good, because I like the idea.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
The dream... is dead.

1E1yoBN.png

Need to get rid of Inhumans as well.

curb

Banned
Deadline said that the movie wasn't cancelled, just pushed back to an unspecified date.

I lost the source so obviously many grains of salt but I was just reading something today about Perlmutter being the one who was pushing for the Inhumans movie. Now that Feige is out from under Ike, I wonder if it'll ever happen.

Neoxon

I lost the source so obviously many grains of salt but I was just reading something today about Perlmutter being the one who was pushing for the Inhumans movie. Now that Feige is out from under Ike, I wonder if it'll ever happen.
That was Bleeding Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom