• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
UoNcrUc.gif

This is going to get a lot of use.

Majestic

Neoxon

Someone made a Civil War poster including the TV guys.

13174031_10154233446894052_2211985247927432522_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Quake & Luke Cage would be on Team Cap.

Also, Paolo Rivera made his own Civil War poster.

captain-america---civil-war-rgb-300ppi-182286.jpg

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Stupid art book is taking forever to get released. Usually they come out a week before the movie, but the Civil War one isn't out until May 24th. I wonder how much Spider-Man will be in it?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/agent...oping-for-a-reunion-with-the-avengers-a141536

When asked by CBR News if he's hoping to reunite with his Avengers co stars somewhere down the line, Gregg was pretty honest.

"No, I don't anymore. I suspect that will happen when it needs to happen, but it's not something that I'm sitting around thinking about. I really am thrilled with what our writers are doing in our particular portion of the universe. I know Marvel is run by people like Jeph Loeb and Kevin Feige and Louis D'Esposito, who are as much fans of the material as I am. And when the time is right for a story to be served by that, I'm sure [Coulson'll] do it. I really -- I have a lot of faith that it won't be done until it really serves a story, and not just to tie up loose ends or be a gimmick."

Despite this, Gregg loves working on Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., and hopes his character can make a return to the field before the series concludes.

"I mean, every time I think they've done pretty much everything they possible can -- you know, Nick Fury showed up at a moment of great peril at the end of Season One and made him the director of a S.H.I.E.L.D. that no longer existed, and he had done his very best at it. It's been very, very difficult, and he's honored by the task, but I hope at some point, before it's all over, he gets a chance to go back into the field."

With the character having started as a one-off appearance in Iron Man, it's quite astonishing how Coulson's role has expanded on film and television; the character was even introduced in the Marvel comic books. When quizzed about the impact his character has had on the Marvel brand, Gregg was rather gracious and humbled by his success.

"I think this is an amazing experiment, and I can't say enough about how fun it is to be part of something where the people who are telling these stories, the writers and directors, and the producers, the people who run Marvel. They keep doing it well, no matter how weird or off-beat the property, because they love it so much, and the fact that it is still all one story. It may not be all the characters in every project, but the fact that it's all one story happening across these, from Netflix to TV to the movies. That just is a grand storytelling experiment that I really enjoy as an adult, and I feel like the 11-year-old Clark on my shoulder, we're both having really the time of our life watching it."

mreddie

Russos just put him back in Infinity War please.

Someone made a Civil War poster including the TV guys.

13174031_10154233446894052_2211985247927432522_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Quake & Luke Cage would be on Team Cap.

Needs more Punisher, Coulson and Danny, yeah Quake would be on Cap but Cage I doubt would even get involved or him on Tony's side makes sense.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
So Civil War kinda hinted that movies happen in real time, correct?
Edit: As in they happen the same year as the movie is released.

Yeah, the movies work like that more or less. AoS goes along with this. The Netflix shows are trickier. I think they're timeframe is somewhere in Phase 2.

Huh. If that's true then we're probably only get one Peter in high school Spider-Man film. Unless they charge the schedule.

I'd actually like that. I'd rather have a Spidey trilogy in each phase of his life. High school -> college -> adult. Its also equally likely that the movies will be backdated e.g. Homecoming 2 would release in 2019-2020, but be set in 2018 pre-Infinity War Pt. 1.

Neoxon

Russos just put him back in Infinity War please.

Needs more Punisher, Coulson and Danny, yeah Quake would be on Cap but Cage I doubt would even get involved or him on Tony's side makes sense.
I know that Coulson & Punisher are Cap fanboys, but what about Iron Fist?

bananas

Banned
So Civil War kinda hinted that movies happen in real time, correct?
Edit: As in they happen the same year as the movie is released.
Although it annoyed me when they mentioned Tony became Iron Man "8 years ago."

I'm pretty sure canonically it's only been around 6 years. Correct me if I'm wrong but Iron Man 1 takes place a year before Iron Man 2, and Iron Man 2 takes place a year before The Avengers which takes place in 2012. So Iron Man 1 should be set around 2010.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Although it annoyed me when they mentioned Tony became Iron Man "8 years ago."

I'm pretty sure canonically it's only been around 6 years. Correct me if I'm wrong but Iron Man 1 takes place a year before Iron Man 2, and Iron Man 2 takes place a year before The Avengers which takes place in 2012. So Iron Man 1 should be set around 2010.

No, the word from the makers was always the MCU happen in realtime, so they confirmed it with this quote.

bananas

Banned
No, the word from the makers was always the MCU happen in realtime, so they confirmed it with this quote.
But that's not true for Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk. Those happen concurrently with Thor.

Edit: Actually I just read that Iron Man 1 takes place 6 months before Iron Man 2. So, I dunno...

Edit 2: Okay...

According to Kevin Feige, Thor 2 takes place ~1 year after The Avengers and 2 years after Thor 1.

Therefore, Thor 1 takes places a year before the Avengers (which took place in May 2012).

Thor 1 happens concurrently to the events of Iron Man 2 and the Incredible Hulk.

Iron Man 1 takes place 6 months before the events of Iron Man 2 (according to the movie).

Therefore Iron Man 1 takes place in December 2010.

Or around there.

Tony Stark had only been Iron Man for five and a half years during the events of Captain America: Civil War.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
But that's not true for Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk. Those happen concurrently with Thor.

Edit: Actually I just read that Iron Man 1 takes place 6 months before Iron Man 2. So, I dunno...

Edit 2: Okay...

According to Kevin Feige, Thor 2 takes place ~1 year after The Avengers and 2 years after Thor 1.

Therefore, Thor 1 takes places a year before the Avengers (which took place in May 2012).

Thor 1 happens concurrently to the events of Iron Man 2 and the Incredible Hulk.

Iron Man 1 takes place 6 months before the events of Iron Man 2 (according to the movie).

Therefore Iron Man 1 takes place in December 2010.

Or around there.

Tony Stark had only been Iron Man for five and a half years during the events of Captain America: Civil War.

You're exactly right. The quote stuck out to me when I saw it in the theater, too. The MCU started with Iron Man 1 in 2010, not 2008, which is a retcon because I'm sure Iron Man 1 originally was supposed to take place at the same time it was released, but it's a retcon that several other movies have gone with.

The collective writers of all these movies and TV shows are doing a fucking horrible job of keeping it all connected.

[edit] -----By the date that each thing allegedly happened-----

1941 through 1945 — Captain America: TFA
May 1946 — Agent Carter Season 1
July 1947 — Agent Carter Season 2
May through October 2010 — Iron Man
Late April through mid-May 2011 — Iron Man 2, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer, Thor, Incredible Hulk, The Consultant
May 2012 — The Avengers, Item 47
December 2012 — Iron Man 3
February 2013 — All Hail the King
September 2013 — Agents of SHIELD Season 1 begins, Thor: TDW
October 2013 — Captain America: TWS
November 2013 — Agents of SHIELD Season 1 ends
Late May through June 2014 — Agents of SHIELD Season 2 begins through episode 5
August 2014 — Guardians of the Galaxy
August to September 2014 — Daredevil Season 1
September 2014 — Agents of SHIELD Season 2 episode 6 onward
January to March 2015 — Jessica Jones Season 1
May 2015 — Avengers: AoU, Agents of SHIELD Season 2 ends
July 2015 — Daredevil Season 2 begins
July to October 2015 — Ant-Man
October through December 2015 — Agents of SHIELD Season 3 begins through episode 10
December 24, 2015 — Daredevil Season 2 ends
March 2016 — Agents of SHIELD Season 3 episode 11 onward
May 2016 — Captain America: Civil War, Agents of SHIELD Season 3 ends

bananas

Banned
You're exactly right. The quote stuck out to me when I saw it in the theater, too. The MCU started with Iron Man 1 in 2010, not 2008, which is a retcon because I'm sure Iron Man 1 originally was supposed to take place at the same time it was released, but it's a retcon that several other movies have gone with.

The collective writers of all these movies and TV shows are doing a fucking horrible job of keeping it all connected.

[edit] -----By the date that each thing allegedly happened-----

1941 through 1945 — Captain America: TFA
May 1946 — Agent Carter Season 1
July 1947 — Agent Carter Season 2
May through October 2010 — Iron Man
Late April through mid-May 2011 — Iron Man 2, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer, Thor, Incredible Hulk, The Consultant
May 2012 — The Avengers, Item 47
December 2012 — Iron Man 3
February 2013 — All Hail the King
September 2013 — Agents of SHIELD Season 1 begins, Thor: TDW
October 2013 — Captain America: TWS
November 2013 — Agents of SHIELD Season 1 ends
Late May through June 2014 — Agents of SHIELD Season 2 begins through episode 5
August 2014 — Guardians of the Galaxy
August to September 2014 — Daredevil Season 1
September 2014 — Agents of SHIELD Season 2 episode 6 onward
January to March 2015 — Jessica Jones Season 1
May 2015 — Avengers: AoU, Agents of SHIELD Season 2 ends
July 2015 — Daredevil Season 2 begins
July to October 2015 — Ant-Man
October through December 2015 — Agents of SHIELD Season 3 begins through episode 10
December 24, 2015 — Daredevil Season 2 ends
March 2016 — Agents of SHIELD Season 3 episode 11 onward
May 2016 — Captain America: Civil War, Agents of SHIELD Season 3 ends
It absolutely is a retcon. In Iron Man 2, they're celebrating Stark Expo 2010 in 2011.
Also, I'm pretty sure All Hail the King takes place ~2 years after Iron Man 3, so that should be late 2014.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
It absolutely is a retcon. In Iron Man 2, they're celebrating Stark Expo 2010 in 2011.
Also, I'm pretty sure All Hail the King takes place ~2 years after Iron Man 3, so that should be late 2014.

What indicates that All Hail the King takes place two years after IM3? I've never heard that before.

Yeah, IM2 was probably intended to happen in real time, too, but it references that the events of IM1 happened a year prior, I believe, even though they knew the film would release two years later.

Hey I had this thought in the new BP casting thread but didn't want to spoil possible plots for folks who don't follow the comics.

Since BP is the last MCU movie scheduled before IW is the consensus that they're going to do the storyline where Thanos invades Wakanda to lead into the next Avengers or would that be to weird a point for BP's solo movie to start?

curb

Banned
Hey I had this thought in the new BP casting thread but didn't want to spoil possible plots for folks who don't follow the comics.

Since BP is the last MCU movie scheduled before IW is the consensus that they're going to do the storyline where Thanos invades Wakanda to lead into the next Avengers or would that be to weird a point for BP's solo movie to start?

I don't think we'll see Thanos before Infinity War outside of maybe a post credit scene.

curb

Banned
I really feel like they've been teasing him for far too long to only show up as the main baddie in the IW arc but Marvel knows what they're doing I guess.

It's been a long tease but there's two movies for him bustin' things up so I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Also, I think Marvel would catch too much heat for turning Black Panther's solo movie into a vehicle solely for setting up Infinity War as opposed to showing off this powerful new African super hero.

It's been a long tease but there's two movies for him bustin' things up so I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Also, I think Marvel would catch too much heat for turning Black Panther's solo movie into a vehicle solely for setting up Infinity War as opposed to showing off this powerful new African super hero.
Yeah, that's why I was also thinking that while it would make sense in the flow of the MCU it would be a bad choice for BP first solo storyline.

As much as I enjoy the MCU films one common complaint that I hear and agree with is that the villains aren't very menacing and I think that's because they never come into their stories with any wins. They kind of show up, their goals get thwarted and they're gone never to be seen again.

I think Thanos needs to show up in at least one or two MCU solo films, wreck some shit and then walk away smirking to really set himself up as the villain Marvel wants for IW. Anything else will come across like Ultron on steroids.

How long has the Iron Man in 2010 retcon been taking place?

Stupid art book is taking forever to get released. Usually they come out a week before the movie, but the Civil War one isn't out until May 24th. I wonder how much Spider-Man will be in it?

He's probably gonna get a decent - but not huge - share of the book. Some pages devoted to the costume(s), concept art, props, stuff like that.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
How long has the Iron Man in 2010 retcon been taking place?

Since The Avengers; Iron Man 2 had the 2010 Stark Expo, and explicitly states that it happens 6 months after Iron Man. It's only after Incredible Hulk and Thor are stated to happen simultaneously with Iron Man 2 in Fury's Big Week and clarified to take place a year before the 2012 The Avengers that it was moved forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom