• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

They should drop all Network TV and just move everything to Netflix

I kind of feel like Network TV only has room for so many shows

We are hitting saturation and losing quality

I'm curious what the logic is behind putting shows in either network tv or netflix

Is there more money in netflix at this point? Characters like Daredevil or Punisher certainly have more appeal than Agents of Shield or Agent Carter.

After seeing Edge of Tomorrow, I need Emily Blunt as Captain Marvel.

Any hint that she might be cast?

I think she's one of a few great choices.

I actually think Shield storyline should start drawing to a conclusion and let the characters either jump into new shows, their own shows, etc..

I clocked out early in Season 2, and haven't been back. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, etc are completely superior, so I wouldn't mind if the shows just ended up on Netflix.

And because I am finally getting a Punisher series, I happy.

AoS has felt like a show where they made up shit along the way for a good while. I like many of the characters and I'd hate for them to completely disappear from the MCU but it needs to be wrapped up asap so they can work on something else. Hopefully this time something with a more coherent vision.

duckroll

I'm curious what the logic is behind putting shows in either network tv or netflix

Is there more money in netflix at this point? Characters like Daredevil or Punisher certainly have more appeal than Agents of Shield or Agent Carter.

There's more money in Netflix in the sense that Netflix is willing to throw a lot more money at producing a series that will be exclusive to their platform, yes. So the production values are higher, and as such it makes more sense for Marvel to be willing to use more known heroes. Network stuff on ABC will always be C-tier stuff.

TDLink

Agents of SHIELD should just end next season. Doing 22 episodes instead of 13 doesn't help it but it's also just not that great (and it used to be much worse). Additionally it isn't a show that actually revolves around a recognizable Marvel character like all of the others. It's no surprise it isn't doing that well.

At this point I would prefer all of the MCU TV stuff to be Netflix going forward, but If ABC was able to do a show based on an actual Marvel hero it could potentially be good. It just depends on the hero and would probably work best as a 10 episode series like Agent Carter rather than a full 22 Network season.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Agents of SHIELD should just end next season. Doing 22 episodes instead of 13 doesn't help it but it's also just not that great (and it used to be much worse). Additionally it isn't a show that actually revolves around a recognizable Marvel character like all of the others. It's no surprise it isn't doing that well.

That seems to be plan as 4 seasons guarantees syndication.

So, with today's rumors of Blade, Moon Knight, and Ghost Rider, Phase 2 NetFlix is supernatural?

I still can't get behind those three as a series.

http://screenrant.com/moon-knight-blade-ghost-rider-marvel-netflix/

Not that I believe the rumors, but those three would be perfect as a Netflix series. Why wouldn't they be? The only things I'd have reservations about is adding vampires to the MCU (though I'm sure it would work), and whether or not they could really do justice to Ghost Rider on that kind of budget.

Bleepey

I have been thinking Zemo's plan is more simple and easy to follow. However, I can't get the feeling that the centre piece of Zemo's plan is based on is kinda contrived. The catalyst for the Sokovia accords was Crossbone's death. However how does Zemo know that the Avengers would be incapable of containing an explosion. The Falcon could have flown Crossbones out of reach, Cap's shield may have contained the blast, the Vision could have done everything and anything and Scarlet Witch's telekinetic strength has not been tested and her limits were unknown. If this had failed then his plan would have fallen apart.

duckroll

I have been thinking Zemo's plan is more simple and easy to follow. However, I can't get the feeling that the centre piece of Zemo's plan is based on is kinda contrived. The catalyst for the Sokovia accords was Crossbone's death. However how does Zemo know that the Avengers would be incapable of containing an explosion. The Falcon could have flown Crossbones out of reach, Cap's shield may have contained the blast, the Vision could have done everything and anything and Scarlet Witch's telekinetic strength has not been tested and her limits were unknown. If this had failed then his plan would have fallen apart.

Which part of Zemo's plan relies on the Accords? His plan as we see it in the movie is a -reaction- to the Accords. He took advantage of the timely situation. Not the other way round. If the Accords didn't happen because of Crossbones, he would have probably tried to track the Winter Soldier down via other means. And even if Crossbones didn't blow up, something like this was going to happen eventually. It's about the direction the political winds were blowing. Not just one event.

Bleepey

Which part of Zemo's plan relies on the Accords? His plan as we see it in the movie is a -reaction- to the Accords. He took advantage of the timely situation. Not the other way round. If the Accords didn't happen because of Crossbones, he would have probably tried to track the Winter Soldier down via other means. And even if Crossbones didn't blow up, something like this was going to happen eventually. It's about the direction the political winds were blowing. Not just one event.

Oh I see. Fair enough.

BLACKLAC

Pretty sure framing Bucky for any terrorist attack would do. Targeting the Accords was just to add extra incentive among the international intelligence community to track him down faster. He knew he didn't have the resources to find Bucky himself.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Pretty sure framing Bucky for any terrorist attack would do. Targeting the Accords was just to add extra incentive among the international intelligence community to track him down faster. He knew he didn't have the resources to find Bucky himself.

They say it in the movies; instead of hunting him down, he flushed him out. It's far easier.

Also; Zemo was planning to bomb a high profile target disguised as Bucky. it just happened to be the signing of the Accords in Berlin.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They say it in the movies; instead of hunting him down, he flushed him out. It's far easier.

Also; Zemo was planning to bomb a high profile target disguised as Bucky. it just happened to be the signing of the Accords in Berlin.
The signing was im Vienna.

Anth0ny

There's more money in Netflix in the sense that Netflix is willing to throw a lot more money at producing a series that will be exclusive to their platform, yes. So the production values are higher, and as such it makes more sense for Marvel to be willing to use more known heroes. Network stuff on ABC will always be C-tier stuff.

Hmm, interesting.

Why do they bother with ABC at all? Just to spread the Marvel brand? Because Disney owns it?

I'm also curious what qualifies as C-tier at this point... because before the MCU I would have said Thor was C-tier... and then after the MCU, I would have said Iron Fist is C-tier... now... are there any actual Marvel superheroes that could actually work on ABC? Might as well save them ALL for Netflix at this point.

Hmm, interesting.

Why do they bother with ABC at all? Just to spread the Marvel brand? Because Disney owns it?

I'm also curious what qualifies as C-tier at this point... because before the MCU I would have said Thor was C-tier... and then after the MCU, I would have said Iron Fist is C-tier... now... are there any actual Marvel superheroes that could actually work on ABC? Might as well save them ALL for Netflix at this point.

I'm fine with that. Let ABC be the comedy and procedural network. Cop Show/Lawyer Show/Doctor Show. Put everything else on FreeForm or Netflix.

Except maybe Damage Control. I think a comedy might work there.

Hmm, interesting.

I think some of the lighter stuff would work fine on ABC. That was always something AoS was struggling with in trying to find the line between being a relatively serious super spy action drama a family friendly adventure show (especially during the first season). Kamala Khan for example would be better suited there than among the current darker Marvel Netflix shows. Runaways could be awesome there. The only issue would be ABC's production values (specifically the lack thereof).

diaspora

Putting aside the probably bullshit source behind the Moon Knight rumour, I do think that would be an amazing fit for Netflix. A combination of street heroics with the supernatural and the mental instability of Spector.
Even better if it's used to introduce Maya Lopez.

Putting aside the probably bullshit source behind the Moon Knight rumour, I do think that would be an amazing fit for Netflix. A combination of street heroics with the supernatural and the mental instability of Spector.
Even better if it's used to introduce Maya Lopez.

It would depend on how good they can make the SFX. Is there a good example of Netflix going all out on the FX budget?

It would depend on how good they can make the SFX. Is there a good example of Netflix going all out on the FX budget?

Not really though they are willing to spend big bucks on their shows. Marco Polo cost them $90 million for 10 episodes and it's getting a second season. Sense8 is supposedly nearing the same ballpark for 12. I don't think they're spending that on the Marvel shows, but if they wanted to they might.

AMUSIX

Thor: Ragnarok is coming along very nicely...

qqUyi2U.png

diaspora

It should be too hard since Moon Knight doesn't need much SFX in most episodes, most of the visual effects budget would only be needed for a couple of episodes.

TDLink

This is a random ass website I've never heard of before so a second source would be nice. That said I really hope it happens. D'Onofrio is great and it would open the floodgates on the other TV characters crossing over. Kingpin, Punisher, and Daredevil are the three big ones since they all have a pretty close relation with Spidey in the comics. Them being completely absent from his movies would be odd (not that I expect or want them all in this first one, just eventually).

Neoxon

iosefe

The same source that leaked the Sinister Six script before the movie fell through (as well as most of BvS, TASM2, AoU, & a few other films) leaked the plot of Spider-Man: Homecoming. If this is true, this would negate the Kingpin rumor.
But it would contain a tiny nod to Daredevil early in the film (since one bystander supposedly confused Spidey for Daredevil). Though this kinda sounds like something out of Spectacular Spider-Man. If true, I don't really mind.

oh my god, that potential opening scene. straight from the comics

Zero-ELEC

Banned
The same source that leaked the Sinister Six script before the movie fell through (as well as most of BvS, TASM2, AoU, & a few other films) leaked the plot of Spider-Man: Homecoming. If this is true, this would negate the Kingpin rumor.
But it would contain a tiny nod to Daredevil early in the film (since one bystander supposedly confused Spidey for Daredevil). Though this kinda sounds like something out of Spectacular Spider-Man. If true, I don't really mind.

That person (from what he says at the beginning) is just repeating 4chan/Reddit rumours, and says that 4chan/Reddit have leaked those things before. It doesn't give me the impression that they actually have a source.

Neoxon

That person (from what he says at the beginning) is just repeating 4chan/Reddit rumours, and says that 4chan/Reddit have leaked those things before. It doesn't give me the impression that they actually have a source.
Really? I don't recall any 4chan or Reddit rumors about Homecoming coming out. I could check later, though. But it's as I said earlier, take it with a bucket of salt (as per any rumor).

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Really? I don't recall any 4chan or Reddit rumors about Homecoming coming out. I could check later, though. But it's as I said earlier, take it with a bucket of salt (as per any rumor).

That's what the video you posted says. I don't know anything about rumours either.

Nope, there was definitely a 4chan "leak" thread yesterday with a supposed complete plot synopsis. Seems to be the same one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom