• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I dont think that Kevin Feige throws money away because something childish like a battle between him and Perlmutter.

Look at Ant Man, it will only be moved.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
First movie is Fantastic Four, setting up the Inhumans and their own movie focuses on them.
Makes sense and I think the more obscure properties that aren't headlined by a handsome white male lead really gain from this strategy?
Fixed that for you.

Neoxon

I can kinda get why Feige pushed Inhumans back to Phase 4. Phase 3 was already getting overstuffed, especially with Spider-Man: Homecoming and Ant-Man & The Wasp getting added at the last minute.

El Topo

The reveal of a race of superpowered human beings and of this hidden city on Earth/Moon would be a fantastic way to begin the next chapter of MCU. Heck, what if they start Phase 4 off with the detonation of the Terrigen bomb?

Anth0ny

phase 3 really is packed

I know us in this thread would watch a new MCU film every weekend, but I hope the general public eats it up as well.

Neoxon

The reveal of a race of superpowered human beings and of this hidden city on Earth/Moon would be a fantastic way to begin the next chapter of MCU. Heck, what if they start Phase 4 of with the detonation of the Terrigen bomb?
My thoughts exactly. It'd be a great way to mark a new beginning for the MCU. Also, didn't the fish oil pills kinda fill the role of the Terrigen Bomb (& besides, it sounds like the movie will focus more on the Royal Family).

You know, with

Agent Carter cancelled
Most Wanted not ordered for series
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on its last legs and probably ending after S4
Damage Control, the other comedy series and John Ridley's Marvel show nowhere to be seen

I wonder if they're in the process of shaking up the Marvel Television slate. Their Netflix stuff is pretty damn successful and I assume they'll follow it up with more stuff after Defenders. Cloak & Dagger strikes me as their first attempt to get the CW crowd.

But they can't be too happy about the ABC stuff. Agent Carter was a solid to good series with an extremely likeable cast but I am not surprised that it never caught on. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has turned into this... weird thing. Ever since they brought in Inhumans in a big fashion the series lost the focus it had during the HYDRA arc. I know some still like it but people aren't turning on their TVs for this.

I suspect that Loeb and Co. are gonna look real hard for some actual heroes if they try to launch another series on ABC.

What makes you say that?

MADqsZW.jpg

Sherlock.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Spider-Man: Homecoming Now Casting High School Extras

https://www.facebook.com/tammysmithcasting/posts/965884560147270

The TSC Casting Notice page is now revised with info
for the new upcoming project “Summer of George!”
We need High School Students ages 15 to 17,
and young men and women, ages 18 to 25
( that look young/high school “look”)\
- ALL student types, from conservative to unique looks, and we especially need Asian and East Indian student types
Please note that all extras are paid,
and must have a non-restricted Social Security Number in order to work on the film.
Filming starts June 20th (most student scenes take place June 20th thru July 1st)
Please click on this link and submit ASAP (photo presentation for these types is due this week),
however PLEASE take the TIME to submit correctly with ALL of the requested info in one complete email.
ALSO NOTE: other casting types will be added/posted at a later time. Please only submit for the current types listed at this time-

Is the working title a reference to Marisa Tomei in Seinfeld?

El Topo

I can't help but feel these sites are just throwing out names of unknown female directors to get clicks. Let's see if we can predict the next candidate. Marielle Heller? Kris Swanberg?

Skab

I've been thinking about something lately.

If FF4 were to come back to Marvel, who would you guys want to see cast as them and Doom?

TDLink

If the F4 came back to Marvel a movie wouldn't happen before 2020 at the earliest, and that's being optimistic. It's likely that the cast would be comprised mostly of actors who are currently complete unknowns. So it's not really easy to predict. Most people we would pick now probably wouldn't be right for the parts by time the movie happened.

Anth0ny

If the F4 came back to Marvel a movie wouldn't happen before 2020 at the earliest, and that's being optimistic. It's likely that the cast would be comprised mostly of actors who are currently complete unknowns. So it's not really easy to predict. Most people we would pick now probably wouldn't be right for the parts by time the movie happened.

Well, they officially cut the Spidey deal in January 2015, and Spidey was appearing in an MCU film by May 2016, with a standalone film coming in 2017.

If Fox and Marvel made a deal regarding F4 rights, I'm not sure if they'd even be able to squeeze them into phase 3 at this rate, considering how many projects are in the works. But a tease in one of the upcoming phase 3 movies? A Doctor Doom appearance of some kind? Maybe even Surfer and Doom in Avengers 3 and 4? I could see it happening. Apparently Marvel always has backup scripts ready in case any of the rights revert back to them.

But realistically, it'll be Fantastic Phase 4.

Thanks to Civil War, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has now passed the $10 BILLION mark!

Congratulations!

yay comic book movies

may this golden age never end

TDLink

Well, they officially cut the Spidey deal in January 2015, and Spidey was appearing in an MCU film by May 2016, with a standalone film coming in 2017.

If Fox and Marvel made a deal regarding F4 rights, I'm not sure if they'd even be able to squeeze them into phase 3 at this rate, considering how many projects are in the works. But a tease in one of the upcoming phase 3 movies? A Doctor Doom appearance of some kind? Maybe even Surfer and Doom in Avengers 3 and 4? I could see it happening. Apparently Marvel always has backup scripts ready in case any of the rights revert back to them.

But realistically, it'll be Fantastic Phase 4.

You basically countered yourself with what I was going to say haha. I agree, going forward the lineup is too crowded to replicate what they did with Spider-Man: I do see them using villains from the F4 prior to the F4 themselves should they get them back, but either way I don't see anything from the property being used prior to Phase 4. Be it early from a sale/sharing agreement like Spidey or actual right reversion in 2023 (assuming FOX doesn't shit out another awful movie). In either scenario we aren't seeing them prior to the Infinity War movies. I don't think they'd toss Doom in there either with no prior introduction, it's already going to be crowded as is.

curb

Banned
Iron Man 3 Director Claims Marvel Wouldn't Let the Film's Villain Be Female

“We had finished the script and we were given a no-holds-barred memo saying that cannot stand and we’ve changed our minds because, after consulting, we’ve decided that toy won’t sell as well if it’s a female

Black explained this was not a mandate of Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige; it was from “Marvel corporate.” He also added “you don’t have that problem anymore,” a reference to the fact Marvel Studios in California now operates independently of Marvel corporate in New York, reporting directly to Disney (possibly because of requests like this).

“New York called and said, ‘That’s money out of our bank,’ Black continued. “In the earlier draft, the woman was essentially Killian—and they didn’t want a female Killian, they wanted a male Killian. I liked the idea, like Remington Steele, you think it’s the man but at the end, the woman has been running the whole show. They just said, ‘no way.’”

Add it to the list of reasons I'm glad Marvel Pictures is no longer under Marvel Corporate's control.

curb

Banned
Yeah I'm sure that Killian was flying off the shelves.

The best part is that the article mentions that many toy licensors didn't even make Killian figures. What a waste.

Shameful that this happened, but good to know things might get better now that they're more independent.

It's really embarrassing. Marvel Corporate comes out sounding so ridiculous.

tomtom94

If that means the plot was originally "Tony's jealous ex tries to kill him" I'm kind of glad that got dropped. But still. Come on, Ike.

curb

Banned
If that means the plot was originally "Tony's jealous ex tries to kill him" I'm kind of glad that got dropped. But still. Come on, Ike.

There's no mention of that in the article although it's not impossible. It just says originally the villain was essentially just Killian only a woman.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
It would have made for a battle between Tony's ex and superpowered Pepper essentially over Tony (one wants to kill him, the other wants to be with him). Would have been good storytelling, or at least better than what we got.

Neoxon

Anyone have a gut feeling that Daisy
(who now gained the hero name Quake)
may end up being one of the Defenders
now that she's on the run?

Gambit

Anyone have a gut feeling that Daisy
(who now gained the hero name Quake)
may end up being one of the Defenders
now that she's on the run?

Doubtful but I'd hope so. Though admittedly she is so much more powerful than all of the others, she really ought to be an Avenger instead.

They should drop all Network TV and just move everything to Netflix

I kind of feel like Network TV only has room for so many shows

We are hitting saturation and losing quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom