• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I love about this thread is that it's free of Scullibundo and Charles Foster Kane, unlike other film threads. They really just bring down the mood of any Marvel film thread, it's really annoying.

Sorry for saying it here, but it's just so agitating.

But teh costumes...

But yeah I think we'll get a short teaser for GOTG or something within the next month, then the first full-length trailer at Cap 2.

What I love about this thread is that it's free of Scullibundo and Charles Foster Kane, unlike other film threads. They really just bring down the mood of any Marvel film thread, it's really annoying.

Sorry for saying it here, but it's just so agitating.

It is so much nicer to talk Marvel movies in here then in the individual movie threads. Batman thread were the worst though. So much garbage would go on in those threads.

Does appearing in post-credits stingers count toward each actor's contracted number of films? I know appearing briefly in The Incredible Hulk didn't count as one of RDJ's six films.

I'm asking because I'm wondering whether there's a chance we'll catch up with Tony in the mid- or post-credits stinger for Cap 2. Though I suspect priority #1 will be using the stinger to set up Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Yeah, SM2 is definitely saved by its action. It's amazing what a movie can be when Spider-Man acts and fights like he should on-screen. I'm not a fan of Raimi's trilogy or the new film(s) and I enjoy SM2 a lot.

But the Spider-Man movies, and Fox's movies are simply not what I want from those properties. They feel like licensed knock-offs which is pretty much what they are. Shame we will never get to see Marvel Studios take a shot at these characters because they seem to be the only ones capable of translating them to the films without losing what makes them special in the comics.

Has either Falcon or Winter Soldier been confirmed for Avengers: Age of Ultron yet? I know we're getting War Machine in it, and Cap 2 is very likely to end with Bucky rejoining the good guys too.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Has either Falcon or Winter Soldier been confirmed for Avengers: Age of Ultron yet? I know we're getting War Machine in it, and Cap 2 is very likely to end with Bucky rejoining the good guys too.
I don't think Bucky will just yet. I hope Falcon crosses over though, if not in AoU then in Avengers 3.

What makes you guys doubt that? I honestly can't picture an ending to this film that is just "Cap beats Bucky up and saves the day."

J10

Banned
What makes you guys doubt that? I honestly can't picture an ending to this film that is just "Cap beats Bucky up and saves the day."

There's information out there that suggests the entirety of the Winter Soldier storyline won't be contained in this one movie. I think Bucky does eventually cross sides, just not in this movie.

There's information out there that suggests the entirety of the Winter Soldier storyline won't be contained in this one movie. I think Bucky does eventually cross sides, just not in this movie.

Link? I've read some stuff that suggests that the film does work to set up a sequel (just like Thor 2 did), but that that's more about revealing that HYDRA's back (which is more about leading into Avengers 2 than into Cap 2).

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I hope they save the mass inclusion of all Avengers for the third movie, to be honest. Seems like Ultron has enough going on. Let's wait to bring in Falcon and Skye if she's
really Spider-Woman
like some speculate and the Netflix group (Daredevil, Luke, Jessica, etc.) and whoever else gets introduced for the first Avengers trilogy finale.

Page 23 of this thread.

Ehhhh. I don't think this film is tracking close enough to the comic to say that it covers half of the original story and have that be useful information.
I hope they save the mass inclusion of all Avengers for the third movie, to be honest. Seems like Ultron has enough going on. Let's wait to bring in Falcon and Skye if she's
really Spider-Woman
like some speculate and the Netflix group (Daredevil, Luke, Jessica, etc.) and whoever else gets introduced for the first Avengers trilogy finale.

Oh fuck me no please let them keep that horrible Skye actress off the big screen.

inky

Handling the screen-time for 6 or 7 people in Avengers 1 was already difficult. I can't imagine how A3 would do something like that.

Handling the screen-time for 6 or 7 people in Avengers 1 was already difficult. I can't imagine how A3 would do something like that.

Probably not spend a lot of time on the background. But everyone who has been introduced to the MCU so far should show up for the final battle against Thanos.

Kinda like how they just quickly threw together the New Avengers or had everyone show up for Galactus in Earth's MIghtiest Heroes.

J10

Banned
They're all gonna gonna show up just to get stomped out, they won't need a bunch of lines. I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't part of the intention of the Netflix series', to give Thanos more people to fuck up.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Falcon is a main character in the cartoon Avengers Assemble along with all the other movie Avengers, so I'm guessing he'll be in Age of Ultron.

Oh fuck me no please let them keep that horrible Skye actress off the big screen.

Eh, I think Bennet has done all right given the quality of the material she's been saddled with.

That said, the writers have burdened Skye with enough baggage (being a civilian brought onto Coulson's team for improbable and poorly defined reasons, the entire Rising Tide subplot) that I can't really see the character working on the big screen in anything bigger than a small cameo, regardless of whether she turns out to be Jessica Drew or Nightcat or Firebird or someone completely original. She's just a misconceived character.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.laineygossip.com/Captain-America-2-Super-Bowl-trailer/29314

This site appears to confirm that the post credits scene for Cap 2 will feature
Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

All I have to say is this photo is freaking hilarious.

quicksilver-scarlet-witch.jpg

LOL Singer.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Eh, I think Bennet has done all right given the quality of the material she's been saddled with.

That said, the writers have burdened Skye with enough baggage (being a civilian brought onto Coulson's team for improbable and poorly defined reasons, the entire Rising Tide subplot) that I can't really see the character working on the big screen in anything bigger than a small cameo, regardless of whether she turns out to be Jessica Drew or Nightcat or Firebird or someone completely original. She's just a misconceived character.
I kinda disagree, as she could effortlessly hack into SHIELD, so it's clearly someone they would want on their side. So, improbably? Yes. Poorly defined? No, not really (even if Rising Tide was dropped and "resolved" fast)

I don't really get the vitriol. It's set in the 70s and that look is period-appropriate, at least.

Also, Wanda looks uncannily like a very young Matt Smith in that photo.
LOL can't unsee.
Wanda being The Doctor would be fun XD

Neoxon

I'm praying that a trailer comes out sometime this month, but March seems a bit more likely at this point. =(
Marvel typically puts out trailers starting 6-7 months out from the film's release. By that logic, the GotG trailer HAS to come out sometime this month.

Hopefully they don't procrastinate any longer or I may lose my sanity.

Marvel typically puts out trailers starting 6-7 months out from the film's release. By that logic, the GotG trailer HAS to come out sometime this month.

Thor: The Dark World comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray February 25th. I suspect that we'll start seeing more of GotG right around then or shortly after.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I wouldn't expect the GotG trailer until a few weeks before Winter Soldier is released. I'm guessing mid to late March. We'll probably get more teases like set stills before then though.

Neoxon

I said it before and I'll say it again, I wouldn't expect the GotG trailer until a few weeks before Winter Soldier is released. I'm guessing mid to late March. We'll probably get more teases like set stills before then though.

Wouldn't that be a bit late, considering Marvel's usual trailer release cycle? I'm gonna go with sometime this month.

Wouldn't that be a bit late, considering Marvel's usual trailer release cycle? I'm gonna go with sometime this month.
Nah. Cap 1's first trailer wasn't released until 4 months before it released and that came out in July. GotG is in August so a trailer in March is about 5 months ahead. Their general strategy during phase 2 is to not release a trailer for the next movie until right before the release of the next one up (Thor 2's came a week before IM3. Winter Soldier's a week before Thor 2). That way they don't steal each other's thunder and people don't get confused about which Marvel movie is coming out next.

Anth0ny

Batista to debut GOTG trailer at Wrestlemania confirmed

hopefully it's long before that lol

Vibranium

Banned

Bucky will probably survive The Winter Soldier and either A) Go underground or B) Get locked up while Age of Ultron is happening (in Brubaker's comics run he got prosecuted for war crimes by the US and Russia despite being under brainwashing, so something similar could happen). Falcon could make a cameo possibly.

What they should do to revitalize Agents of Shield is kill off Ward, make Winter Soldier a good guy and have him join Coulson's team. Their reaction to a true super-soldier badass would be great.

By the way I'm happy that the Russos tweaked things so Buck seems to have a comparable strength level to Steve (an attempt at replicating the Super-Soldier serum yet again?), not just his metal arm. They'll be able to have some freaking crazy fights.

BLACKLAC

What they should do to revitalize Agents of Shield is kill off Ward, make Winter Soldier a good guy and have him join Coulson's team. Their reaction to a true super-soldier badass would be great.

On ABC with a tv budget? They would end up ruining the character.

Vibranium

Banned
On ABC with a tv budget? They would end up ruining the character.

...Good point haha, Bucky would be wasted I guess. They totally would with their shitty budget. I'll take good guy Bucky with Steve in Cap 3 instead and maybe in the far future he could succeed him as Captain America in the MCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom