• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
A Hawkeye one shot in his crummy New Jersery Apartment with Pizza Dog would be the best thing ever.

People, tweet Feige and Whedon about it.

This needs to happen, if Whedon wants to get people liking Renner as Hawkeye him and Feige will do it. Make it "a day in the life of an off-duty assassin". Matt Fraction cameo and Cinematic Pizza Dog too!

TDLink

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-what-will-one-of-marvels-phase-3-films-be-in-2016

Supposedly, Marvel/Disney is going release Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in May 6, 2016.

Going head to head with Batman/Superman? Marvel's got balls of steel.

Fuck yeah.

How can they greenlight GotG 2 when they have no idea if 1 will do well?

Because it has close to 0 chance at failure being a Marvel Studios movie.

It's also going to be good. Damn good.

Marvel already had that date scoped out for an untitled movie before Batman/Superman jumped in.

The question now is which studio will blink. I think once grosses for Guardians of the Galaxy start rolling in, that will give us an idea as to which one moves from that date.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Batman and Superman vs a raccoon on a tree with a machine gun.

And the outcome was never in any doubt.

Batman and Superman vs the [highly anticipated?] sequel of a raccoon on a tree with a machine gun.

And the outcome was never in any doubt.

It's too early to call.
GotG could be The Avengers in Space (hype and excitement wise) and trailers for MoS2 could be as bad as trailers for MoS. Too early to call.

SupesvsBats is not a guaranteed success regardless of how likely it will be.

We should at least wait till the box office of GotG comes in to declare who is likely to blink first in the 2016 stare down. That is a very busy slot already with X-Men & Spider-man on either side.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-what-will-one-of-marvels-phase-3-films-be-in-2016

Supposedly, Marvel/Disney is going release Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in May 6, 2016.

Going head to head with Batman/Superman? Marvel's got balls of steel.

I kinda doubt this. My guess is that there's a game of telephone going on somewhere, where Marvel's internally approved GotG2 to happen and someone assumed that it was going to get the very first "unknown" date in the reserved Phase 3 release dates. That would be a REALLY fast turnaround between films.

I kinda doubt this. My guess is that there's a game of telephone going on somewhere, where Marvel's internally approved GotG2 to happen and someone assumed that it was going to get the very first "unknown" date in the reserved Phase 3 release dates. That would be a REALLY fast turnaround between films.

They updated the article right after it was posted stating that it's planned for 2016, but not specifically on that date.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Me, too. But not because I were a bigger Fan of GotG, but because everything about Supes Vs. Bats sounds really awfull.

just need some Faora Ul and the movie is instantly classic...mmmmm

600px-MOS_M4A1_Carbinec.jpg

bring her back DC you KNOW she stole the show.

Has anyone from Marvel confirmed that they have only one film coming in 2017, as per the current schedule? Because with Thor 3 and Cap 3 all but official, it definitely feels like there should be at least one more slot for a less-established character/team before Avengers 3. But maybe it's just me and Ant-Man and (most likely) Dr. Strange will cut it.

TDLink

Has anyone from Marvel confirmed that they have only one film coming in 2017, as per the current schedule? Because with Thor 3 and Cap 3 all but official, it definitely feels like there should be at least one more slot for a less-established character/team before Avengers 3. But maybe it's just me and Ant-Man and (most likely) Dr. Strange will cut it.

They only have one film currently reserved for 2017 but that doesn't mean there will only be one. It just means anything more than that is too far out to say for sure right now.

I highly doubt we will get less than 2 any year in the next 5, at least.

I would also say Thor 3 and Cap 3 are very official. While they don't have specific dates or even years attached you don't hire writers and directors unless you're actually planning on making the movies.

My guess is that Marvel is going to structure Phase 3 in an "old IP/new IP" fashion when it comes to each year's slate. Assuming we are going to continue getting just 2 per year, of course.

That means Cap 3, Thor 3, and GotG 2 probably paired with Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and something else (Nova, Ms. Marvel, whatever). Ant Man of course is already paired with Avengers 2. That strategy would decrease risk in any given year with one of the two essentially guaranteed success. Although I really don't think any Marvel movies can fail at this point.

mjc

Didn't want to make a thread on the OT because this is still a rumor kinda..but yeah.

Well, well. Despite claiming that he'd never seen any of the "Iron Man" or "Avengers" movies in which he features as the voice of Tony Stark's helpful A.I. Jarvis, it looks like Paul Bettany is in it for the long-haul with the mega-franchise, because the reliable Baz Bamigboye at the Daily Mail is reporting that the actor is on board for "The Avengers: Age Of Ultron."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...vision-in-the-avengers-age-of-ultron-20140206

Nyanmaruz

Why do I get the feeling that the Vision will get Hawkeye's role from the last movie this time. Start from being a pawn of Ultron's and finally defect against Ultron and then joins the Avengers in the final battle of the movie.

Prompto

Banned
Why do I get the feeling that the Vision will get Hawkeye's role from the last movie this time. Start from being a pawn of Ultron's and finally defect against Ultron and then joins the Avengers in the final battle of the movie.

Btw do we know yet if Hawkeye is going to be back for Age of Ultron?

Gazunta

And the millions of people who were hoping Agent Coulson becomes The Vision cry out in horror, and are suddenly silenced.

minty_jpg

For all we know, Vision could be what's left of Ultron and a character for "New Avengers" instead of Avengers 3.

I hope they give Hawkeye a bigger presence in the coming movies. Really sad with him not being in the new Capt.

I would almost be willing to put money on him for Phase 3. Introduce him so that they can use him when one of the others doesn't want to return for Phase 4.

Based on rumours it is highly probable he is one of the top three most likely new characters a movie would be centered on in Phase 3. The other two being Doctor Strange and Nova.

Yeah I think he'll be Phase 3 but they are filming in Africa right so maybe they could introduce him as T'Challa in Age of Ultron.

TDLink

Yeah I think he'll be Phase 3 but they are filming in Africa right so maybe they could introduce him as T'Challa in Age of Ultron.

It's definitely possible. There were rumours of some screen testing for the role last year. Screen tests that early could only be for Avengers: Age of Ultron based on the time frame...provided they actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom