• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

Liking the look of this cast.

yIvYEbl.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGlJ8a4xg1p/

BLACKLAC

Mads Mikkelsen Says Doctor Strange Is A Different Flavour Of Marvel Movie
https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/mads-mikkelsen-says-doctor-strange-is-a-different-111415818.html
“He’s not a villain in that way – he’s a man who believes in something else than the hero,” he explained. “That doesn’t mean that he doesn’t want to make the planet look wonderful or he wants to save the world as well, but he has a different way of doing it. He is the antagonist, of course, but he’s not necessarily wrong.”

BLACKLAC

I actually really like it ... :/ something different, something cool imo.

I'm sure they will have 30$ dlc re-skins...... you almost had me gaming.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Mega fucking ugly, makes almost dont want to buy the game.

What a stupid idea to redesign a costume because its Insomniac. Whats the point? Mega stupif idea. Change that shit.

Mega fucking ugly, makes almost dont want to buy the game.

What a stupid idea to redesign a costume because its Insomniac. Whats the point? Mega stupif idea. Change that shit.

Or at least make the spider on it black instead of silver. If it were black, that would give some Ben Reilly vibes at least.

Anth0ny

i'm sure a bunch of other costumes will be unlockable/buyable

I'm not getting excited about that game because how many times have we been burned on spider-man games since spidey 2? fuck it. the trailer looks great, but that's not enough. I'll wait til the game is out and if word of mouth is positive, I'll check it out.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
i'm sure a bunch of other costumes will be unlockable/buyable

I'm not getting excited about that game because how many times have we been burned on spider-man games since spidey 2? fuck it. the trailer looks great, but that's not enough. I'll wait til the game is out and if word of mouth is positive, I'll check it out.

But its Insomniac. Have they commented on the swing mechanic yet? Game rises and fails with that mechanic.

The Kree

Banned
A lisp is a kind of speech impediment. If you said twenty-seconth out loud that's what it would sound like.

Just making a joke about a very common typing mistake.

BLACKLAC

http://fusion.net/story/314034/taika-waititi-interview/
So you’re set to direct Thor, which is super cool. What’s it like being on the cusp of the indie filmmaking world and the blockbuster mainstream movie world?

I’ll be honest. I feel like there’s zero difference. I don’t see the difference between the indie world and the studio world. All I know is that I’m in a car park right now looking at some golf carts and I’ve never had any golf carts in any of my films. But that’s pretty much the only difference. I get free coffee on my other films. I think the main difference is that it’s more time. It takes longer—oh my god, here’s what the difference is, Isha. My assistant just delivered me avocado on toast and a boiled egg. Now that—you know what? That actually happens on my films, too.

The thing that’s really different is obviously the budget. The whole thing is bigger and there’s more people. But everyone is here with a common goal, and that is to tell the best story that we can. Outside of that, higher up, I don’t know what the goals are, but that’s what my goal is: to tell a really good story and make a great movie. And it’s good because I don’t know if I could do a lot of these types of films because I feel like I might run out of ideas, but right now I’ve got so many cool ideas that are actually making it into the film and it’s really great and really exciting for me.

That must be pretty validating as a filmmaker to get so many of your ideas and your vision into such a huge franchise.

Yeah, totally. I’m amazed at what they’re letting me do. I wouldn’t let me do half the things I’m suggesting if it was my money.

Logan Marshall-Green in Talks to Join Michael Keaton in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/logan-marshall-green-talks-join-903577
Keaton is playing the main bad guy in the movie and Marshall-Green would swing in as an evildoer alongside him.

Quick

Banned
Martin Starr to play Future Peter Parker traveling back in time to team-up with Tom Holland current-day Peter Parker right?

Pachimari

Man Civil War is so good. It's rewatchable and easy to get through, unline The Winter Soldier which is a bit on the boring side and not rewatchable at all.

Man Civil War is so good. It's rewatchable and easy to get through, unline The Winter Soldier which is a bit on the boring side and not rewatchable at all.

I kinda disagree. Civil War is amazing and all, but I feel like the Winter Soldier stands a lot better on its own. It's weird, and I still love Civil War, but I think Winter Soldier is the better film to me.

BLACKLAC

Was with you up until the Winter Soldier jab. Civil War is the better film but Winter Soldier is fantastic and has a quicker pace.

Civil War is flat out amazing tho. It makes the writing and screenplay in every other super hero film this year so far look ridiculously amateurish, and the action... The best in the genre (Winter Soldier is a close 2nd). Seriously, Civil War put the entire narrative weight of the MCU on its shoulders and lifted it like it was nothing, like it was easy.

Neoxon

So who do you guys think Martin Starr is gonna play in Spider-Man: Homecoming? I'm caught between Curt Connors & Otto Octavius.

Pachimari

Disagree. Watched it like 5 times, most recently shortly before Civil War.

I kinda disagree. Civil War is amazing and all, but I feel like the Winter Soldier stands a lot better on its own. It's weird, and I still love Civil War, but I think Winter Soldier is the better film to me.

Was with you up until the Winter Soldier jab. Civil War is the better film but Winter Soldier is fantastic and has a quicker pace.

Civil War is flat out amazing tho. It makes the writing and screenplay in every other super hero film this year so far look ridiculously amateurish, and the action... The best in the genre.
I do know I'm in the minority on this one and did expect replies like these. I will give The Winter Soldier another watch again but I mostly just stop halfway through. It feels slow-paced to me.

Also, Martin Starr joins those actors who have been two different roles in the MCU. He were previously a computer nerd in The Incredible Hulk.

BLACKLAC

I do know I'm in the minority on this one and did expect replies like these. I will give The Winter Soldier another watch again but I mostly just stop halfway through. It feels slow-paced to me.

Winter Soldier is a big reason, the main reason, Cap acts the way he does in Civil War. The main complaint you hear from detractors about Winter Soldier is all the action in the 3rd act, which when reading I always raise an eyebrow.

1. The action is great, killer choreography and spot on directing of the action.

2. There is so much great character stuff mixed into the action (Russo's are now proven masters at this), one of the best emotional scenes in the MCU happens in all that action.

Never understood the complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom