• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Winter Soldier is a big reason, the main reason, Cap acts the way he does in Civil War. The main complaint you hear from detractors about Winter Soldier is all the action in the 3rd act, which when reading I always raise an eyebrow.

1. The action is great, killer choreography and spot on directing of the action.

2. There is so much great character stuff mixed into the action (Russo's are now proven masters at this), one of the best emotional scenes in the MCU happens in all that action.

Never understood the complaint.
Yeah I agree. I'm not saying there's a particular thing wrong with The Winter Soldier, it's just that I emotionally feel bored when watching it again. It's one of the better movies of the MCU for sure.

By the way, when is the Spider-Man: Homecoming thread going up? On the 22nd?

Pachimari

I just came to wonder, if they are actually gonna go there and make Tom Holland look older in the movie, if the Vulture touches him. Isn't he not only draining the power from people but also making them old as fuck?

I just came to wonder, if they are actually gonna go there and make Tom Holland look older in the movie, if the Vulture touches him. Isn't he not only draining the power from people but also making them old as fuck?
That's not something the Vulture normally does, so I doubt it.

He doesn't? What does the comic vulture do?
Draining people's life was something that he did briefly back in like the nineties, which is why it was featured in the animated series so prominently. He's basically just an old bald guy with wings for the most part and does whatever the stories need him to do, he's a filler villain for the most part. A recent depiction of him had him be a crime lord who equipped teenagers with wings to steal for him, so that's another angle they could go with.

Yeah the only Vulture I'm familiar with from the 616/Ultimate comics is just an old guy with a wing suit. I've never heard of him stealing people's youth before.

Edit: Oh, of course that's something he would do in the 90s. How edgy hahahahaha

Pachimari

Yeah and I grew up with the 90s animated series, so that's like how I have always seen the Vulture. As this old guy stealing people's youth making them old in the process but keeping himself young. I really liked that about him. I wonder if they'll give him a green suit for the film.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
LOL Taika Waititi:

eybKzQI.png

Neoxon

I've decided to do a bit of analysis on Star-Lord's new outfit. While the design looks pretty similar to what we saw in Guardians Vol. 1, there are quite a few differences in the new Vol. 2 outfit for Star-Lord (& that's not even mentioning the new piece of gear on his chest, which I'll go into below). I'll be using these three images as reference in comparison to his somewhat casual design from Guardians Vol. 1 (not the Ravenger uniform, which was his duster jacket from the beginning of Vol. 1).

Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1
Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  • Right away, you can tell that the jacket that Star-Lord is wearing is a brand new one compared to what he wore in Vol. 1 when looking at the first image. While granted, it's not stylistically that different, the main differences lie in the smaller details. For example, you can see a different kind of sticking at the inner elbow area as well as more padding at the upper shoulder/collarbone area.
  • In the second Vol. 2 image, you can see probably the biggest change to Star-Lord in Guardians Vol. 2. It looks like just regular chest armor at first glance. But if you look closely, you can see what appears to be an exhaust on Star-Lord's back. This most likely means that Star-Lord's new armor is actually meant to be a jetpack that doubles as chest armor. As for why he would need a jetpack, the thrusters on his boots are only really meant for levitation & short-distance flight in space. They aren't meant for Star-Lord to fly around like Iron Man or War Machine, hence the jetpack. And about those boot thrusters, it looks like they've been removed from Star-Lord's design entirely. That said, the design of the jetpack itself also remains consistent with Star-Lord's mask, making said mask fit in better with the overall design of Star-Lord in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  • In the third Vol. 2 image, you can also see that he's now wearing a dark blue long-sleeve shirt underneath his jacket as opposed to the gray one he wore in Vol. 1. This offsets the red better & is a nice nod to his 2008 color scheme (albeit inverted). You also get a better look at his boots, which are pretty different compared to what Star-Lord wore in Vol. 1. While yes, the shape of the boots are more-or-less the same, it's the inclusion of a black over-layer & straps across Star-Lord's shin bones set it apart from the boots worn in Vol. 1.

Pachimari

Great analysis, thanks! His jacket do look different yeah, especially on the front. Man, Star-Lord remains my favorite in the MCU among Scarlet Witch and Thor.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
the proff doing the Spider-Man thread? I'm in for that!
I am already annoyed by all the drive by shitposters who just post "another reboot???? So sick of it"
Should be a reason for a ban.

How does this work anyway? Do I have to pn that to a mod to enforce that or can I set that rule by myself?

Neoxon

Great analysis, thanks! His jacket do look different yeah, especially on the front. Man, Star-Lord remains my favorite in the MCU among Scarlet Witch and Thor.
Thanks, though I did miss a spot that I've since edited into the post. It looks like Star-Lord ditched his old boot thrusters from Vol. 1 in favor of that jetpack, likely since the jetpack does everything his thrusters could do & then some.

Pachimari

So who here would like to see Blue Marvel or Zarda introduced to the MCU? You could do a period piece once again with Blue Marvel, and Zarda needing to be around something living to not be vulnerable is interesting. Or what other superhero stronger than Thor and Hulk would you like to see besides Beta Rey Bill?

Neoxon

So who here would like to see Blue Marvel or Zarda introduced to the MCU? You could do a period piece once again with Blue Marvel, and Zarda needing to be around something living to not be vulnerable is interesting. Or what other superhero stronger than Thor and Hulk would you like to see besides Beta Rey Bill?
Richard Rider Nova

After the events of Annihilation, he became OP as fuck.

Pachimari

Ah yeah I would love Nova, hopefully in Phase 4, even though I don't know much about him. Which comics should I read to get his origin and which is his best run?

Pachimari

How would you fit Blue Marvel's origin into the MCU when there is no hint of someone of his power being from that time period?
I have no idea. That's up to Marvel to figure out. I haven't read anything about him, just a little piece saying he were from that Civil War period, and it would be cool with another history piece.

BLACKLAC

I have no idea. That's up to Marvel to figure out. I haven't read anything about him, just a little piece saying he were from that Civil War period, and it would be cool with another history piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqkBTOa6U14&list=WL&index=49

Would be cool if they could pull it off but I'm guessing they would have to make his feats a lot less public or something. Honestly I have no clue. maybe only handle it in flashbacks?

Right after my 21st birthday.

Well happy birthday, Neoxon! Man do I feel old and I'm only 25.

As for GotG Vol. 2 wrapping up production, now I wait through the editing process (I think that's what comes next). Only an 11 month wait for the release of the film after all.

mreddie

So rumor is SDCC will have a clear picture of GOTG 2, Thor 3 and Homecoming. Casting news of Ant-Man/Wasp and Captain Marvel casting.

Neoxon

Well happy birthday, Neoxon! Man do I feel old and I'm only 25.

As for GotG Vol. 2 wrapping up production, now I wait through the editing process (I think that's what comes next). Only an 11 month wait for the release of the film after all.
Thanks. I'm glad to celebrate it with the MarvelGAF Family.

Neoxon

Happy B-Day Neoxon!

Any rumors on the tv side? Also, link?
Thanks.

As for MCU-TV, we'll probably get something for Luke Cage and maybe stuff for Iron Fist & SHIELD Season 4. We could also get casting news for Cloak & Dagger as well as some Defenders news.

BLACKLAC

Thanks.

As for MCU-TV, we'll probably get something for Luke Cage and maybe stuff for Iron Fist & SHIELD Season 4. We could also get casting news for Cloak & Dagger as well as some Defenders news.

Probably what I'm most interested in for sdcc MCU-tv news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom