• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

So rumor is SDCC will have a clear picture of GOTG 2, Thor 3 and Homecoming. Casting news of Ant-Man/Wasp and Captain Marvel casting.
What is meant with clear picture? Trailers for these movies?

I really hope we get casting news for Captain Marvel and Cloak and Dagger, and a trailer for Luke Cage and maybe even something for Iron Fist.

Neoxon

What is meant with clear picture? Trailers for these movies?

I really hope we get casting news for Captain Marvel and Cloak and Dagger, and a trailer for Luke Cage and maybe even something for Iron Fist.
I feel like a reveal for Captain Marvel's casting is a relatively safe bet, same for some Iron Fist footage.

It does feel like it's the right time to start hearing about Captain Marvel. Isn't she supposed to be in Avengers IW Part 1? It starts filming this fall.

Neoxon

It does feel like it's the right time to start hearing about Captain Marvel. Isn't she supposed to be in Avengers IW Part 1? It starts filming this fall.
I just remember someone (either Feige or Chris Evans) saying that they'd start filming for Infinity War late this year.

tomtom94

I would have thought Captain Marvel casting at SDCC was a safe bet even if they don't lock in a film-maker quite yet. Then again they might want to focus on GOTG2 / Spider-Man and announce the Captain Marvel stuff separately when they have both...

Pachimari

Oh I see, yeah definitely, as we should get Captain Marvel casting news this Summer.

I also didn't know there was a Daredevil TV show Pop Funko... I don't own any of these but man Daredevil's my favorite and it looks good...

cVRiJBq.jpg

Neoxon

Oh I see, yeah definitely, as we should get Captain Marvel casting news this Summer.

I also didn't know there was a Daredevil TV show Pop Funko... I don't own any of these but man Daredevil's my favorite and it looks good...

cVRiJBq.jpg
I think this was released last year, but yeahx It's a great Funko POP figure.

Neoxon

Be cautionous, next time he will make us feel bad with a Carol and Wanda Infinity
I would never do that to my favorite female Avenger. I'd feel worse about it than either of you combined.
Also, the guys who made DI said that they tried to get Pietro & Wanda in the game, but ran into some legal trouble (my guess, Perlmutter).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I would never do that to my favorite female Avenger. I'd feel worse about it than either of you combined.
Also, the guys who made DI said that they tried to get Pietro & Wanda but ran into some legal trouble (my guess, Perlmutter).
Legal issues when you creature figures for the company that owns the other company.

Laws can be funny!

curb

Banned
I already feel bad that I'll never get a Captain Marvel DI figure. I'm healing though :p

At least with a solo movie coming, I'll likely be swimming in Carol merch in a few years.

Neoxon

Legal issues when you creature figures for the company that owns the other company.

Laws can be funny!
I think it's more of the ban that held them back. It's funny when you consider that people on the inside should be able to get the Maximoff Pass like Travelers' Tales did.

My guess, if Avalanche had their way, Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch (in their AoU outfits) would have been in the same wave as Vision, Ant-Man, Black Panther, & the others. But in Wanda's case, there would have been a Power Disc of her Civil War outfit.

Pachimari

Imagine how I feel about Pietro & Wanda figures getting cock-blocked by what was likely salty Marvel execs.

Well, I can understand you, as Scarlet Witch is my favorite too. I think my favorite heroes in the MCU goes something like this:

1. Daredevil
2. Scarlet Witch
3. Star-Lord
4. Thor

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Not that anyone was really thinking it but I asked one of the dev team today if the game was set in the MCU:

quYaW9I.jpg
As if they'd let the opportunity for marketing blitz synergy pass them by.
With the suit being clearly based on the CW one, I believe (until proven otherwise) the game is tied to Homecoming, they just can't say anything yet.

Richard Rider Nova

After the events of Annihilation, he became OP as fuck.
If they keep the relative power levels the same, on the heroes side he'd be weaker than Thor and Scarlet Witch at least. Hulk would beat him on raw strength as well.
Also, he was quite strong and had neat abilities but he really wasn't OP as he was (vastly) outclassed by many.

Ah yeah I would love Nova, hopefully in Phase 4, even though I don't know much about him. Which comics should I read to get his origin and which is his best run?
Read all the DnA Cosmic Marvel run.
Greatest Marvel anything.

Just a friendly reminder that Elizabeth Olsen is bae.

ClRIqbzUgAQMAsp.jpg
ClRIqcFVAAE1MG7.jpg
Best Olsen keeps on besting.

Right after my 21st birthday.
Happy Birthday man!
I keep forgetting you are that young XD

This threads more active, so I'm cross-posting here:

A little update on #SaveAgentCarter - Hayley Atwell was at Wizard World Sacramento this weekend and said that the producers and Marvel itself was actively shopping the show around. So hope stays alive! C'mon Netflix!

Neoxon

This threads more active, so I'm cross-posting here:

A little update on #SaveAgentCarter - Hayley Atwell was at Wizard World Sacramento this weekend and said that the producers and Marvel itself was actively shopping the show around. So hope stays alive! C'mon Netflix!
Sounds like Agent Carter may live on via Netflix (since they have a great relationship with Marvel). Good news for everyone, since Season 2 kinda on a cliffhanger.
Plus they have to explain how Peggy's brother survived.

I pretty much trust that Netflix would be willing to pick Agent Carter from season 3 onwards. And I'm probably one of the few that would also like to see Most Wanted picked up from them as well; maybe just as a special instead of a full series that would end
with Bobbie and Lance returning to S.H.I.E.L.D.

Bah still find it sour that the crew went out of their way doing that, given that ABC never picked up that show and despite the pilot apparently being complete. I've generally grown pretty irritated with ABC in general lately since the Muppets also got cancelled.

It makes me worried about how Freeform will handle Cloak and Dagger.

El Topo

Sounds like Agent Carter may live on via Netflix (since they have a great relationship with Marvel). Good news for everyone, since Season 2 kinda on a cliffhanger.
Plus they have to explain how Peggy's brother survived.
Not happening. Makes no sense for Netflix.

Edit:
Also why am I getting ads for a pregnancy test? Wait, no, an ovulation test? What the...?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
With the suit being clearly based on the CW one, I believe (until proven otherwise) the game is tied to Homecoming, they just can't say anything yet.
I must have some problems with my eyes, I totally missed the white parts of the costume.

And for an adult, Peter looked fucking young in CW...

Penguin

I pretty much trust that Netflix would be willing to pick Agent Carter from season 3 onwards. And I'm probably one of the few that would also like to see Most Wanted picked up from them as well; maybe just as a special instead of a full series that would end
with Bobbie and Lance returning to S.H.I.E.L.D.

Bah still find it sour that the crew went out of their way doing that, given that ABC never picked up that show and despite the pilot apparently being complete. I've generally grown pretty irritated with ABC in general lately since the Muppets also got cancelled.

It makes me worried about how Freeform will handle Cloak and Dagger.

ABC was far kinder in picking up Agent Carter for season 2 then they are mean for cancelling it after season 2.

The numbers just aren't there to keep tossing money at it.

mreddie

ABC fucked over the show only because their Tuseday Winter season sucked. And they weren't gonna budge any other show to fill its place.

ABC was far kinder in picking up Agent Carter for season 2 then they are mean for cancelling it after season 2.

The numbers just aren't there to keep tossing money at it.

When you put it that way, indeed the ratings just haven't gotten any better since the season 2 premiere. Plus unfortunately having to compete against DC's shows; people most likely prefer superheroes (or at least the more well-known ones like the Flash).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom