• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Tom Holland with Dave Bautista and Michael Rooker at Pinewood Atlanta:

ZsRHVSV.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It's Michael B. Jordan and Elizabeth Olsen in the picture, at the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic in Jersey City.

Yay!

Josh Brolin Has Heard Entire Avengers: Infinity War Story And Was "Blown Away"

http://mcuexchange.com/josh-brolin-has-heard-entire-avengers-infinity-war-story-and-was-blown-away/

And pretty glad to hear that Josh Brolin enjoyed the story.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm sure he'll have a different name/identity. Didn't they even put out a casting call specifically for Asian Americans?

That was for walk by classmates, not for a specific role.
But I dont see that happening. Not with a caucasian looking actor.

Edit: Oh boy, how the people screengrabed on that page jump to conclusion again.

El Topo

I mean, it seems utterly pointless to whitewash a role like Ganke. If you cast a white kid as a friend, just give him a different name. It's not like he is vital. I strongly doubt Marvel would be foolish enough to make that mistake.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I mean, it seems utterly pointless to whitewash a role like Ganke. If you cast a white kid as a friend, just give him a different name. It's not like he is vital. I strongly doubt Marvel would be foolish enough to make that mistake.

But it would make cool clickbait.

I even can somehow understand the reasons for the whitewashing in Dr. Strange (and that doesnt mean that it is ok), but this is just pointless.

curb

Banned
But it would make cool clickbait.

I even can somehow understand the reasons for the whitewashing in Dr. Strange (and that doesnt mean that it is ok), but this is just pointless.

I think that's key. The role isn't Ganke, it's "based" on Ganke so more than likely he's a close friend of Peter who could possibly know something about his Spider-ings.

Inventing new supporting characters for Spider-man seems bizarre when he has like one of the most expansive supporting casts of any superhero ever. I don't like the sound of that.

https://deadline.com/2016/06/kenneth-choi-spiderman-homecoming-movie-1201770179/

EXCLUSIVE: Kenneth Choi who portrayed Judge Lance Ito in the popular FX series The People vs. O.J. Simpson has just been cast in Marvel/Sony’s Spider-Man: Homecoming. That puts Choi in some rarified air playing two separate characters in the Marvel universe. He was also in Captain America: The First Avenger in 2011. Sources said he will be playing the school principal in Spider-Man.

Heck yeah! A Howling Commando joining the Spider-Man: Homecoming cast. So far, the casting choices for the film have been a good impression IMO, as with Marvel Studios' previous casting choices.

Still awaiting official word if Michael Keaton manages to land a role for sure!

El Topo

Is it only Doctor Strange at SDCC, or is it a general Disney or Marvel panel? Chance of GotG2 teaser or Cap Marvel announcements?

Didn't they essentially say that they wanted to have cast Captain Marvel by then (or something like that)?

Edit:
Sort of.
Kevin Feige in April said:
I think we’ll be announcing a filmmaker in the next month or two, and probably some cast members later in the summer, at the end of the summer.

tomtom94

Didn't they essentially say that they wanted to have cast Captain Marvel by then (or something like that)?

Edit:
Sort of.

Yeah, but those sorts of things always run late. Feige said Ragnarok would have a director by "late summer" last year; Waititi didn't enter negotiations until October.

(Besides, if they're operating on the same schedule as GOTG, that's not a problem - Gunn didn't join that until 2012 either)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom