• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

That didn't sound to me like he said they were ripping him off. I went into that video thinking he was going on a rant and he was like, "I don't understand why those movies include so much destruction." Paraphrased but you get my point.

guek

Banned
Cool stuff. I watched one of his films, Boy, on Netflix recently. Good film, though there's nothing that really leaps out at you as "Oh man, I can totally see this work in a Marvel film!" aside from some of the deadpan humor. Though funny thing is when Taika Waititi's character, a deadbeat dad who apologizes to his son, the title character, for losing his temper goes on to compare himself to the Hulk and using his rage and temper for good like a hero. Just had a little chuckle at that.

Also that rumor of a Silver Sable movie made me go wat.

Check out What We Do in Shadows. Again, it doesn't really scream "Marvel" but it's a good flick.

24ICjZNl.jpg

"This is one of the concept design illustrations I did of Scarlet Witch for Captain America: Civil War. This was a version I pretty much knew they wouldn't pick but had to try. Specifically, I'm referring to her headband, which mimics her classic headdress from the comics. I really don't think she needs this but I did it more for the fun of it."

BLACKLAC

mreddie

More Reed about Small Man and Tiny Woman

"Well, [Lang's] a fugitive in most of the first Ant-Man movie. He's just a bigger fugitive now," Reed said. "I think that's one of the fun things and challenges about the Marvel movies for us, for the directors and for the writers, is you do have to sort of consider what happened in the previous movies in terms of your jumping-off point for those characters. It's something we talked a lot about early on, and we definitely have stuff figured out, so there will be some big leaps forward."

"It's something we're excited about," he said. "For me as a comic nerd, I always thought of Ant-Man and Wasp as a team, and that's a lot of what the second movie is really about is how they work together, what their personal and professional relationships are like.

Reed also discussed how he's going "back to early, early Avengers stuff and all the way up to the Nick Spencer stuff now" for inspiration. He added that there's "a fighting chance" we'll see Michael Peña and the rest of Lang's friends in the movie as well.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney...etedextended-scenes-dr-strange-preview-86926/

Captain America Civil War Blu ray, special features revealed.

P1000304.jpg

BONUS FEATURES

United We Stand, Divided We Fall — The Making of Captain America: Civil War – Part 1 & 2 – From skinny volunteer to backbone of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, chart Captain America’s journey through every decisive moment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in this complete behind-the-scenes look at a landmark in the Marvel saga.

Captain America: The Road to Civil War — Explore the First Avenger’s fascinating evolution from loyal soldier to seasoned, conflicted hero who questions authority.

Iron Man: The Road to Civil War — Tony Stark’s path has been no less epic or transformative than that of his friend and ally, Steve Rogers.

Open Your Mind: Marvel’s Doctor Strange — Exclusive Sneak Peek — Go behind and beyond the scenes as Doctor Strange makes his journey to the big screen.

Audio Commentary — With Directors Anthony and Joe Russo and the screenwriters.

Gag Reel

Deleted and Extended Scenes

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There is a Cloak & Dagger Reprint Trade coming first Quarter 2017 and Marvel usually releases trades of their more niche stuff around the time they start promoting/release said properties.
So expect something regarding the TV show Q1 2017.

Jonogunn

The Spider-Man is civil war was CGI and done by a stunt guy right? Didn't they film that scene before they casted Tom holland right?

That would make sense because his body shape and height look a lot different here.

IconGrist

Probably an unpopular opinion but I do not care for that Spidey costume at all. Seems cheaply designed. I don't really care much for a lot of the MCU designs though. Cap and Winter Soldier being the only ones I actually really like. Except for Avengers 1 Cap. Holy shit that was awful.

Neoxon

What is everybody's impression of Hive as a villain, and where do you rank him in the MCU?
Hive was okay. He's no Kingpin or Purple Man, but he got the job done. I just wish we got more of his comic-accurate face (though I can understand why we didn't, CGI budget & whatnot). That said, the idea of Hive having the memories of his previous hosts is something that I wish was explored a little bit more (though it was covered to a decent degree already). Overall, I'd say that Hive was mid-tier amongst the MCU villains.

It's a shame they didn't have the budget to do the real face more because the very little we saw of it was some seriously impressive cg tech for a tv series. He looked way better than the comics version.

jph139

Hive was cool, but not as good a villain as Ward.

This season, by the end, really didn't have a standout bad guy. The first season had Paxton, second season had Maclachlan... Boothe did a good job but was never really more than a secondary character.

Neoxon

It looked good when he had his alien face, wish we had gotten more of that. But Brent played the character very well.
It was a nice change of pace, but I still prefer Ward after the HYDRA reveal. He kinda seemed dull as a character early on in Season 1, but the fact that said dullness wasn't an accident (it was to hide the fact that he was a HYDRA sleeper agent) was quite the swerve that paid off in the long-run.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Hive was cool, but not as good a villain as Ward.

This season, by the end, really didn't have a standout bad guy. The first season had Paxton, second season had Maclachlan... Boothe did a good job but was never really more than a secondary character.

Yeah, I'd rank him third behind MacLachlan and Paxton.

Pachimari

I'm disappointed with Season 3 and especially the Secret Warriors, as I was expecting much more based on the hype from fans and GAF before the season. The end of S3 was interesting though, with Quake hiding herself from Shield, but I want them to really improve upon the Secret Warriors. Joey is totally forgettable, and too bad Ayisha were killed off. Now they got Quake, Yo-Yo, Hellfire and Mack who are all fine but they need to add to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom