• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I'm really worried for Damage Control. We haven't heard anything about it still.

Also Marvel just announced that Luke Cage and Agents of Shield will have their own panels during San Diego Comic Con.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I'm really worried for Damage Control. We haven't heard anything about it still.

Also Marvel just announced that Luke Cage and Agents of Shield will have their own panels during San Diego Comic Con.

I have a feeling that both Damage Control and the untitled comedy series have been either put on hold or passed all together, after the mediocre ratings for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Agent Carter.

The only one I think is still happening (at least, in the short term) is the John Ridley series, since that one has an actual name attached.

I think Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will end once season 4 concludes. Damage Control will go the way of Most Wanted. Cloak and Dagger and John Ridley's show will be it for Marvel on ABC, I'm guessing.

Yeah, I think Damage Control is done. It's been too quiet. Which is a bummer, as it sounded like it could be the most fun. But at the same time, it had a big chance of being lame, so it's not a huge loss.

Although, it was referenced by AoS last season. But I don't think that means anything.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Yeah, I think Damage Control is done. It's been too quiet. Which is a bummer, as it sounded like it could be the most fun. But at the same time, it had a big chance of being lame, so it's not a huge loss.

Although, it was referenced by AoS last season. But I don't think that means anything.

Damage Control was mentioned in Iron Man, so no, it means nothing.

TDLink

It would seriously suck if AoS ends with S4 and we end up with no weekly Marvel show at all.

I'd prefer a full Netflix show every 4 months rather than AoS on a weekly basis. Its quality really isn't up to snuff. Even though it's improved a lot from the first season, it's still not what I'd call great and not anywhere close to the Netflix shows or even stuff like what The Flash is doing on CW. AoS doesn't even air every week anyways. I'm fine with it ending after 4 seasons.

guek

Banned
Just found out the best buy steel book edition is up for pre-order

Ugh. I want it. But I've been buying the collection in the phase box sets. Do I wait years again for that to come out or do I start down the slippery slope of steelbook collecting?

11312347-7174401904116618.jpg

Daredevil S1 steelbook up for pre order!

Penguin

I think Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will end once season 4 concludes. Damage Control will go the way of Most Wanted. Cloak and Dagger and John Ridley's show will be it for Marvel on ABC, I'm guessing.

Well Cloak and Dagger is Freeform (formerly ABC Family) not ABC proper.

John Ridley... has the project if he is still interested in it.

I think AoS ends this season said as much when it got renewed for season 3.

I still think Damage Control makes it for mid-season

Hard to explain.

But I've seen it now. It was enjoyable. the self awereness and wall breaking was a nice touch.

Also, colossus looking boss, why didn't they use that in the X-men movies.

Because for a long time they hated that they were comic books and tried not to be comic books.

Pachimari

I really wish we would stop with these production threads (now there's a Thor: Ragnarok one as well). But whatever, do as you please. I just think it's not healthy for the MCU community.

I'm also damn hyped for Thor: Ragnarok! Wreck some havoc Thor!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really wish we would stop with these production threads (now there's a Thor: Ragnarok one as well). But whatever, do as you please. I just think it's not healthy for the MCU community.

Can we please stop complaining about production threads every time someone made a brand new one? Before someone is going to assume something so I'm going to throw it out there. I rarely checked Production thread since I always lurks this thread more frequently. But you do have to remember that most people apparently are allergic to Community Threads in Community forum for some kind of reasons! :p

If you want to help out MCU community then just post everything what you saw in Production threads here then we would discuss about it here.

Edited: Also there is a policy, new news = new thread.

TDLink

Funny I were thinking of suggesting the same. Just stop making these production threads as they die out hard anyway. And keep it all in here. Make new threads for new news.

I agree with this, the question is will everyone agree to it. I guess we'll see if someone makes a Ragnarok production thread or not in the next couple weeks.

Dont worry. Nobody cares about Thor movies as it seems.

I'm also damn hyped for Thor: Ragnarok! Wreck some havoc Thor!

And here we are.

It's obvious at this point they'll never stop. I'll just reiterate that actual news and set photos during a production is actually pretty rare, which is part of why I don't find production threads particularly necessary. They end up getting some set photos in them to talk about and then remain unused for weeks until the next ones come in. I don't think we've even seen Iron Fist photos after the first week.

But whatever, if this is what people want then so be it.

Nyanmaruz

I'm pretty sure after Luke Cage, we are getting Iron Fist and then Defenders in 2017.
I can't see Daredevil S3, Jessica Jones S2, or the Punisher series making the cut for next year.

TDLink

I'm pretty sure after Luke Cage, we are getting Iron Fist and then Defenders in 2017.
I can't see Daredevil S3, Jessica Jones S2, or the Punisher series making the cut for next year.

JJ S2 is confirmed to film immediately after Defenders, this year.

So we're probably looking at Iron Fist, Defenders, and JJ S2 next year.

Cant wait to see GAF bitch once more about Ninjas and Demons and stuff.
To be fair, the ninjas were a real bore during S2.
At least for me, it wasn't that the supernatural stuff was present. It was that it wasn't done well. S1 and the beginning of S2 did a good job at subtly blending the gritty crime stuff with hints of the mystical. But S2 had weak villians and expected us to care about villians and plots that were vague at best. It was all subtle, subtle, subtle...ninja car chase with throwing stars, rooftop ninjas fights, vague prophecy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom