• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

ABC fucked over the show only because their Tuseday Winter season sucked. And they weren't gonna budge any other show to fill its place.

What are you talking about. ABC didn't "fuck over" anything. The ratings for the first season weren't great and they renewed it anyways. No surprise the ratings for season 2 also weren't good. They were fair to the show. People weren't interested and weren't watching. It's a miracle Agents of SHIELD is still on the air because the ratings there are pretty bad too. Surely it's out of parent company obligation if anything.

If ABC and Marvel weren't both owned by Disney and/or Carter was on another network, it wouldn't have made it past the first season. AoS wouldn't have made it past its second.

embalm

I always see people saying that Agents of Shield doesn't get the numbers on ABC, but does anyone know how it does through streaming services?

I have always binge watched AoShield on Netflix when it comes out. With all of the other successful Marvel shows on Netflix I imagine there are plenty of others who do the same. I

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney...guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-synopses-86860/

New synopses for Doctor Strange and GOTG 2:

Marvel’s Doctor Strange
Marvel’s Doctor Strange follows the story of the talented neurosurgeon Doctor Stephen Strange who, after a tragic car accident, must put ego aside and learn the secrets of a hidden world of mysticism and alternate dimensions. Based in New York City’s Greenwich Village, Doctor Strange must act as an intermediary between the real world and what lies beyond, utilizing a vast array of metaphysical abilities and artifacts to protect the Marvel cinematic universe.

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Set to the backdrop of ‘Awesome Mixtape #2,’ Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues the team’s adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mysteries of Peter Quill’s true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes’ aid as the Marvel cinematic universe continues to expand.

Pachimari

I came to think, will Doctor Strange have some kind of buddhism methods or stuff in it. Like having him meditate or look outside his body, stuff like that. I would love that, as I am getting into buddhism myself.

Also, Spider-Man: Homecoming shootings are starting in Atlanta today:

YWz3CSG.jpg

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Adds Isabella Amara, Jorge Lendeborg Jr. and J.J. Totah.

isabella_amara_jj_totah_jorge_lendeborg_jr_split_h_2016.jpg

Also, new casting notice:

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2016/06...ng-around-atlanta-and-who-theyre-looking-for/

Tammy Smith Casting

“The Summer of George” (Film) Tammysmithcasting.com
Visit Website and Click: Casting Notice
* “Hasidic Jewish” Men/Women/Kids w/everyday wardrobe – Turbans, Hijabs, etc.
* “Hasidic Jewish” Students (also) w/ethnic attire 14yrs & Older
* Put “Hasidic Jewish Man, Women, or Student” in subject line.
Tammy Smith Casting

“The Summer of George” (Film) Tammysmithcasting.com
Visit Website and Click: Casting Notice
* Middle Eastern & Indian Men/Women w/everyday wardrobe–Turbans, Hijabs, etc.
* 21yrs & Older
* Put “Middle Eastern, or Indian Man/Woman” in subject line.

IHaveIce

Banned
I really really hope they don't add Miles.

He is such a bore of a character. Bring in the cool Spider-man alternatives like Kane or 2099 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GAMEPROFF

Banned

He is such a bore of a character. Bring in the cool Spider-man alternatives like Kane or 2099 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I dont want it because the only topic of the threads will be the horrible Miles begging again. His fans are the worst.

curb

Banned

I really like Miles but it really feels like there's so much talk of getting him included because of all the diversity scrutiny Marvel seems to be under. I think Miles could be a good addition if done right but I think we need to get MCU Peter firmly established first. I like it when Miles struggles in original Spidey's shadow.

They seem to be making a big deal over all these kids they're casting just to be background classmates. I guess the majority of non-Spidey time for the movie will be school I guess.

IHaveIce

Banned
I dont want it because the only topic of the threads will be the horrible Miles begging again. His fans are the worst.
Seconded
I really like Miles but it really feels like there's so much talk of getting him included because of all the diversity scrutiny Marvel seems to be under. I think Miles could be a good addition if done right but I think we need to get MCU Peter firmly established first. I like it when Miles struggles in original Spidey's shadow.

Exactly, Miles without an established and already well known Spider-Man makes actually even less sense

curb

Banned
Exactly, Miles without an established and already well known Spider-Man makes actually even less sense

Sure, you could do Miles without Pete but I think it dilutes one of the things I like about his character. Same thing with Kamala and Carol. I like what the legacy adds.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I must have some problems with my eyes, I totally missed the white parts of the costume.

And for an adult, Peter looked fucking young in CW...
Well, you do, I said based on, not identical :p
The texture of the suit seems to be same, no raised webbing, camera eyes, and general design, minus the big ass white spider of course

TDLink

Let's not get too bogged down in who made what thread. This is partly why "calling" a thread far in advance is a poor idea. The guy who made it isn't even a regular in this thread, so how could he know really? Also, it feels like the same 3 or 4 people make every single one of these threads. I don't see the problem with giving someone else a chance with that in mind. Either way, there's no reason to get mad about it, even if you understandably put some time into it. Contact a mod to see if some sort of collaboration can be worked out but really this is a pretty minor thing no one should get too fussed about.

Let's keep the focus of this thread on speculation and discussion and not debating who should make certain other threads.

This is an exciting period for the MCU with Spider-Man and Thor both entering production, Doctor Strange and Guardians 2 in post, Luke Cage releasing shortly, and The Defenders also entering production in the near future. So there's lots to discuss!

Let's not get too bogged down in who made what thread. This is partly why "calling" a thread far in advance is a poor idea. The guy who made it isn't even a regular in this thread, so how could he know really? Also, it feels like the same 3 or 4 people make every single one of these threads. I don't see the problem with giving someone else a chance with that in mind. Either way, there's no reason to get mad about it, even if you understandably put some time into it. Contact a mod to see if some sort of collaboration can be worked out but really this is a pretty minor thing no one should get too fussed about.

Agreed on this.

And thank god the Spidey thread OP isn't all images. I know a ton of time goes into doing things like OddOne does, and it looks really nice, but it is impossible to read on mobile if all the text is part of the images.
I did that for a few threads years ago, but since stopped. I still do image heavy OPs, but at least keep the text as text so it can scale fine for mobile.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I already put a couple of hours in the preparation, so I think its a natural feeling to feel a little bit annoyed.
I dont even care about the thread. Its just about the time I now wasted.

I already put a couple of hours in the preparation, so I think its a natural feeling to feel a little bit annoyed.
I dont even care about the thread. Its just about the time I now wasted.

I completely understand the annoyed feeling after putting the work in. Absolutely understand.

But, as suggested in the Spidey OT, PM the person who made the thread with your work. He will probably just meld it all together and give credit as well. He did say he didn't know someone had called it ahead of time.

The problem with calling many of the MCU OTs now is that this thread is buried in Community, so it does not get many eyeballs at all. There are going to be very few members that know of someone wanting to do the OT or production thread for something because there are not as many people that subscribe to or venture into the Community threads.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Production Threads are dying anyway and are hardly used by posters beside the inner core of Marvel GAF and a couple of people who post in every movie thread. It also became more and more difficult to make threads with the few informations Marvel gives us now and just writing wall of textes based on the books is stupid because you cant introduce a character that was now in 15 movies.

Idk. I think these threads had their run. Maybe I do one for Defenders again to complete the Netflix stuff but after that we should use threads for new news. They gain like 50 times the post per thread anyway.

TDLink

Production Threads are dying anyway and are hardly used by posters beside the inner core of Marvel GAF and a couple of people who post in every movie thread. It also became more and more difficult to make threads with the few informations Marvel gives us now and just writing wall of textes based on the books is stupid because you cant introduce a character that was now in 15 movies.

Idk. I think these threads had their run. Maybe I do one for Defenders again to complete the Netflix stuff but after that we should use threads for new news. They gain like 50 times the post per thread anyway.

I agree. I don't get the need for a "production thread" for every film. The new info there could easily just be talked about in this thread. And I'm not just saying that due to a bias of this being my thread. It doesn't make a ton of sense to spread out the MCU community here across so many different threads.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I agree. I don't get the need for a "production thread" for every film. The new info there could easily just be talked about in this thread. And I'm not just saying that due to a bias of this being my thread. It doesn't make a ton of sense to spread out the MCU community here across so many different threads.

I also was always a little bit sad that this thread got so little attention when the trend for production threads started. Because I meet a lot of nice people here and 50% of the fun of a MCU Movie is discussing the stuff with you guys.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Years, my dear Neoxon, years.

For calling official threads and stuff, don't forget that there is an official thread for that
yes, very meta
It's this way.

Pachimari

Funny I were thinking of suggesting the same. Just stop making these production threads as they die out hard anyway. And keep it all in here. Make new threads for new news.

Yes. I think we have been using that thread for a long while. It's not enough to claim a thread. You have to go there and mention it so everyone will know.

I've been on GAF over 10 years and have never seen that thread before. Or at least never paid attention to it. I guess I am just used to staying in certain threads and everyone in there discusses whom should make the next OT when the new season of a show starts or something.

I do remember the time that someone, I think Planir (just remembering a Thorin avatar for some reason) went and made a weekend box office thread to beat Xaoslug to the punch by like ten minutes, and all after Xaoslug had been the OT guy for that each week for what seemed like forever.

Pachimari

I've been on GAF over 10 years and have never seen that thread before. Or at least never paid attention to it. I guess I am just used to staying in certain threads and everyone in there discusses whom should make the next OT when the new season of a show starts or something.

I do remember the time that someone, I think Planir (just remembering a Thorin avatar for some reason) went and made a weekend box office thread to beat Xaoslug to the punch by like ten minutes, and all after Xaoslug had been the OT guy for that each week for what seemed like forever.
Just went and took a look. It have been there since 2011.

But a Production Thread is no OT. The OT is the stuff that goes online right before the movie starts.
Yes you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom