• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

tgazical.jpg

Brie has a movie streaming on Netflix that keeps getting brought up - Short Term 12

and I think the move to 10pm for AoS was so that the rating it currently has would be acceptable. If it maintains, then maybe it survives for S5? if not, 10pm was the death spot anyway.

Will have to see.

And here is hoping ratings remain consistent. It could be worse, if the network does 2-hour specials; can't imagine having to enjoy the show, since I will have to keep the volume of my TV low so that I don't disturb anyone at my house.

olympia

are there any more details on kurt russell's character? like, how is he a human?

if they can make ego, the living planet a marketable character they can really do anything

Pachimari

Kevin Feige says they have plans through 2021, and the Inhumans are part of that:

“We’ve announced through 2019, we have ideas through 2021 – it sounds like the future but it’s not so far away – we’re determining what we’ll be doing then and certainly Inhumans will be a part of that.”

Phase 4 characters will debut in a Phase 3 film:

“I hate to say anything definite, because you end up like we did with Doctor Strange where you’re talking about the same character for 10 years before a movie actually comes out. But I’ve definitely got some more people in my pocket,” for Phase 4 and they will likely appear first in a Phase 3 film to come.

Kevin Feige has also narrowed down the director shortlist to 10, for Captain Marvel. He'll make a decision at the end of the summer. Captain Marvel also won't debut in anyone else's film before her own, "unless she does."

BLACKLAC

Kevin Feige says they have plans through 2021, and the Inhumans are part of that:

Kevin Feige has also narrowed down the director shortlist to 10, for Captain Marvel. He'll make a decision at the end of the summer. Captain Marvel also won't debut in anyone else's film before her own, "unless she does."

10 directors...

Short list...

El Topo

You're killing me Feige

I'd be surprised if they tried to launch her solo movie between Infinity War movies without a strong tie-in.
For all we know, given that they have to tie the movies together narratively, we could see Carol Danvers in Infinity War Pt. 1 before she becomes Captain Marvel.

Seems weird considering how Black Panther had a successful debut in someone else's film.

While that is true, Black Panther fit into the narrative and had significant amount of screen time. I'm not sure how viable that is with the remaining movies for Captain Marvel.

Pachimari

This might be a stupid question, but if Groot is a baby now, is Vin Diesel still voicing him?

That's not a stupid question. I have been thinking about it too.

The way Feige seems to have expressed himself, I think that Captain Marvel debuts in Infinity War Part 1, and then goes on to her own movie.

Anth0ny

This might be a stupid question, but if Groot is a baby now, is Vin Diesel still voicing him?

maybe they'll chipmunk his voice?

though that has the potential to be horrifying

should probably just get a kid with an adorable voice to provide baby groot's voice. maximum cuteness and all that good stuff.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
maybe they'll chipmunk his voice?

though that has the potential to be horrifying

should probably just get a kid with an adorable voice to provide baby groot's voice. maximum cuteness and all that good stuff.

Maybe we could ask one of the posters who were at Hall H if he talked in the footage.

curb

Banned
I'd be surprised if they tried to launch her solo movie between Infinity War movies without a strong tie-in.
For all we know, given that they have to tie the movies together narratively, we could see Carol Danvers in Infinity War Pt. 1 before she becomes Captain Marvel.

I really hope that's the case.

Semi-related: I had a showerthought this morning in which since Star Wars exists as entertainment within the MCU and Carol is a fan, I want something like this to happen at one point:

bananas

Banned
I really hope that's the case.

Semi-related: I had a showerthought this morning in which since Star Wars exists as entertainment within the MCU and Carol is a fan, I want something like this to happen at one point:
Well, they referenced Empire Strikes Back in Civil War, so it exists in the MCU.

Edit: Misread your post as if you were suggesting SW was media rather than it being. Ignore me!

Ah! But he would understand that reference!

Cap-2-notebook-US.jpg

Maybe something from Star Trek then... Or maybe Force Awakens? Like Cap's too busy going undercover that he can't catch the newer films.

curb

Banned
Ah! But he would understand that reference!

Cap-2-notebook-US.jpg

Maybe something from Star Trek then... Or maybe Force Awakens? Like Cap's too busy going undercover that he can't catch the newer films.

I was going to mention that but that list got localised around the world too so who knows what Cap actually watched.

Pre-edit: I just looked it up and Star Wars/Trek is on all the international versions. I still want Carol to make a nerdy reference that Cap wouldn't get.

Neoxon

Yet more confirmation that the Inhumans movie is still happening (& is likely one of the main Phase 4 films). I honestly don't get why everyone assumed that it was cancelled when both Feige & Deadline specified otherwise.

If I had to guess why he delayed it, perhaps he wanted to get rid of the X-Men influences that Perlmutter put in to focus more on the politics of Attilan & the Royal Family.

They didn't mention anything about him, but I'm going to assume no. At least not for most of the film, anyway. The trailer they showed had the names of all the characters and he was specifically called "Baby Groot".

IHaveIce

Banned
remind me is Cap. Marvel still Phase 3 or Phase 4?

I want more Phase 4 movies alrey :( FANTASTIC 4 or Doom movie pls) Doomwars.. Doom against Wakanda

Lexi Alexander may have leaked one name on the Captain Marvel director shortlist

Namely, Rachel Talalay. Talalay directed "Tank Girl" and has since gone back to TV, directing some of the better (or so I have been told) episodes of Series 9 for Doctor Who and supposedly helming Sherlock Series 4's premiere.
Yeah she directed one of the best Doctor Who episodes in years. Really hope she gets this.
clipboard02.jpg

God damn I thought we'd got over mentioning New York every five minutes, or as I call it, "Coulson's Tourettes"

tomtom94

Lexi Alexander may have leaked one name on the Captain Marvel director shortlist

Namely, Rachel Talalay. Talalay directed "Tank Girl" and has since gone back to TV, directing some of the better (or so I have been told) episodes of Series 9 for Doctor Who and supposedly helming Sherlock Series 4's premiere.

I can't really complain about her direction, most of my issues with the stuff she's done on Who have been more on Moffat's end (and as mentioned above Heaven Sent was fantastic and featured some complex shots).

After all the rumours it would probably be a slight disappointment to get "just" a TV director, but like with Gunn and Whedon the more you look at her CV the more you think "actually, this makes a lot of sense". So I'd be in favour.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://collider.com/black-panther-p...utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social

Lupita Nyongo reveals details on Black Panther's plot:

The story of this Black Panther is- what am I allowed to say? – The story is that the Black Panther’s leadership is really threatened by two foes who come together, and so Black Panther gets the help of the C.I.A. and the Dora Milaje to try and defeat the enemy.

So I'm guessing this confirms Everett Ross is in the film since the CIA is involved.

guek

Banned
I can't really complain about her direction, most of my issues with the stuff she's done on Who have been more on Moffat's end (and as mentioned above Heaven Sent was fantastic and featured some complex shots).

After all the rumours it would probably be a slight disappointment to get "just" a TV director, but like with Gunn and Whedon the more you look at her CV the more you think "actually, this makes a lot of sense". So I'd be in favour.

I think one of the bigger issues is there aren't enough female directors in Hollywood to begin with. Captain Marvel isn't the feminist icon Wonder Woman is so I don't think the gender of the director matters as much but it's probably on Feige's mind.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think one of the bigger issues is there aren't enough female directors in Hollywood to begin with. Captain Marvel isn't the feminist icon Wonder Woman is so I don't think the gender of the director matters as much but it's probably on Feige's mind.

Oh yes, it does. Just imagine the outrage if the director is not female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom