• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no indicator in GotG as to when exactly it takes place after the scene at the beginning where he's abducted. So they can kind of fudge it. These movies aren't connecting with the Earth MCU yet anyways so it's not a big deal.

Yeah the films could take place like a year before Infinity War for all we know; time/space being relative anyway!

bananas

Banned
Guardians haven't been really a part of the MCU yet as it plays in a different galaxy, so it wouldn't really matter as to when it takes places as these characters aren't yet connected to the avengers and the others yet.
Pretty sure GotG takes place in the same Galaxy. :p

Edit: never mind, Xandar is apparently located in the Andromeda galaxy

Lexi Alexander may have leaked one name on the Captain Marvel director shortlist

Namely, Rachel Talalay. Talalay directed "Tank Girl" and has since gone back to TV, directing some of the better (or so I have been told) episodes of Series 9 for Doctor Who and supposedly helming Sherlock Series 4's premiere.
Oh my god, she's an awesome doctor. Great news.

FUCK off with that, Homecoming. God, I hate everything about that.

Gravidee

There is no indicator in GotG as to when exactly it takes place after the scene at the beginning where he's abducted. So they can kind of fudge it. These movies aren't connecting with the Earth MCU yet anyways so it's not a big deal.

GOTG at the very least takes place after the first Avengers, since we see Ronan kill The Other.

EDIT: Actually no, it would take place after Thor: The Dark World since Carina is still alive when The Collector is given the Aether.

BLACKLAC

BJM3v5V.png

The Kree

Banned
If anything, there should be more story stuff involving the Chitauri. It can't have just completely gone away.

It's odd that someone would build a relatively mundane wing suit with Chitauri technology though, unless it's got some wacky anti-gravity laser cloaking respirator bird vision shit going on. It should come with a lot of bells and whistles.

BLACKLAC

If anything, there should be more story stuff involving the Chitauri. It can't have just completely gone away.

It's odd that someone would build a relatively mundane wing suit with Chitauri technology though, unless it's got some wacky anti-gravity laser cloaking respirator bird vision shit going on. It should come with a lot of bells and whistles.

Watts vaguely talks about it (starts at :37 sec)

http://collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-vulture-jon-watts-interview/

Also sounds like Michael Giacchino has become THE composer of the MCU.
Strange
New fanfare
Orchestral version of the classic spider-man theme.

guek

Banned

I'm more concerned with wtf happened to the ice beast at the end of Thor TDW

Quick

Banned
Also sounds like Michael Giacchino has become THE composer of the MCU.

If Giacchino does the Homecoming score, I'd be so happy.

Watts sounds like he's really just hesitant to say anything. And/or still jarred by being in the middle of filming Homecoming and having to be at Comic Con. lol

On that Collider link, I had to allow Firefox to run the script to play the video, if that helps anyone. Also means I need to update Flash.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

Quick

Banned
It's interesting to note that each version of the Marvel Studios intro changes to coincide with each new phase loosely. Seems more like a coincidence than a plan, but it would be pretty cool to have differences to note each phase.

Phase 1 + Iron Man 3 had the old intro from Iron Man without a definitive theme.

Phase 2 + Civil War had the previous intro with the Brian Tyler theme. Though, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, and Civil War opted to use their own music.

Now we have the new intro with Giacchino's theme for Phase 3.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
It's interesting to note that each version of the Marvel Studios

Phase 1 + Iron Man 3 had the old intro from Iron Man without a definitive theme.

Phase 2 + Civil War had the previous intro with the Brian Tyler theme. Though, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, and Civil War opted to use their own music.

Now we have the new intro with Giacchino's theme for Phase 3.

Wh... I didn't notice that the themes changed. So they'll continue with this hand have each movie with its own theme.

Quick

Banned
Wh... I didn't notice that the themes changed. So they'll continue with this hand have each movie with its own theme.

lol I forgot to finish typing up the beginning of the post, but what I'm getting at is what a coincidence it is that each theme/intro changes happen to coincide with the transition to a new phase, albeit loosely.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
lol I forgot to finish typing up the beginning of the post, but what I'm getting at is what a coincidence it is that each theme/intro changes happen to coincide with the transition to a new phase, albeit loosely.

Now that I took a closer look, each movie from phase 2 aside from Thor 2 and GotG has a different theme, while with Thor 2 marvel introduced their new marvel studios logo and theme.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Can't wait for Otto Octavius to find his iconic arms in a scrapyard after they fell there from an alien ship in the Battle of New York. And why the fuck does
Peter Parker need Tony to make his web wings too, for fucks sakes?

Don't worry, even if it's based on Chitauri tech, the Vulture suit is an actual suit made by humans.
Be careful, you might start channelling Bobby Roberts there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom