• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simo

Any Funko POP! collectors in here? GameStop has the SDCC exclusive Doctor Strange in stock right now for $15:
http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/pop-marvel-doctor-strange-sdcc-exclusive/130475

Sellers on Amazon are selling him for $50+. lol I got a couple so I could have one and then give the other my brother who has been collecting Marvel comics since the early 70s and Dr. Strange is a favorite of his.

I saw on Instagram too the Rubies Costume Doctor Strange outfit too. Surprisingly looked pretty cool...I need to snag one for this Halloween methinks.

I wonder where this is from. I am dying for literally any new piece of official spidey art/marketing. I thought we'd have a ton of it by now

It's from a Disney Showcase 2016 event in Indonesia. They had some new Star Wars and Rogue One art like that too!

Who would even be in the Normal Avengers at this point? Just about everybody other than Iron Man and the injured War Machine was part of Cap's new team as I recall.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Who would even be in the Normal Avengers at this point? Just about everybody other than Iron Man and the injured War Machine was part of Cap's new team as I recall.

Iron Man
War Machine (Though as of now is injured)
Spider-Man (Would probably have to be every now and then, as opposed to permanent member)
Black Panther (Has shit to do in his own country but sure he'd help out when times are tough).
Vision (Though we don't really know what mental state he's in)

Netflix is declining to pick up Agent Carter, citing the extremely complex web of international distribution deals that ABC put together. Netflix would want to control all those rights and couldn't. They're calling it a business decision.

El Topo

Netflix is declining to pick up Agent Carter, citing the extremely complex web of international distribution deals that ABC put together. Netflix would want to control all those rights and couldn't. They're calling it a business decision.

I think that may be the first time in ages I've been right about something. Shame about the show.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I really hope networks start to be a bit smarter about their distribution rights from now on. It could have saved Agent Carter. It could have saved Hannibal. It's something that is going to potentially save a number of bubble shows down the line.

Jed Whedon sez classic Inhumans on the table for TV.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/agents-of-shield-can-now-use-classic-inhumans-says-whedon

"We do have a little more freedom," executive producer Jed Whedon revealed at Comic-Con International in San Diego. "We've told a couple of seasons of stories but now we do have some more freedom. So when we return to focusing on Inhumans, we'll be able to do a little bit more." According to io9, Whedon and Tancharoen specifically mentioned that they will be able to use some of the classic Inhumans moving forward.

Neoxon

Mmm... I wonder. Does this mean there's more of a chance to TV to Movie crossover down the line or less of a chance of a future Inhumans movie?
They said they have a little more freedom, so it likely means they can use slightly more prominent Inhumans (Inferno being a more recent example). But I'm not sure if this exactly means that the Royal Family is free to use, especially when Feige made it pretty clear that the movie is still happening. Keep in mind that he didn't say that they had free-reign on who they could use, just a little more freedom.

What I'm saying is that maybe we can expect more mid-tier Inhumans in Season 4, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for Black Bolt or Medusa showing up.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
What I'm saying is that maybe we can expect more mid-tier Inhumans in Season 4, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for Black Bolt or Medusa showing up.
Nah, I didn't think either of them would show up. I'm just hoping for some characters now that might also be ones you would assume to be in an Inhumans movie...if that makes sense.

duckroll

I want it.
Feige wants it.
Scarlet wants it.
Joss wants it (though honestly I'd prefer a woman to direct).

I'd say it's a safe bet.

Whedon can write the script and be an executive producer, let someone else direct.

Lol. If this is not exaggerated and true in any way, Inhumans on film = DEAD. Hahahaha.

Mmm... I wonder. Does this mean there's more of a chance to TV to Movie crossover down the line or less of a chance of a future Inhumans movie?

I think Clark Gregg said the other day there's going to be a more concerted effort to cross with the movies, but even more so the Netflix shows. The Feige effect.

qdDqsqX.jpg

Dat Spidey.
That Spidey one looks like it was done by Alex Ross. Too good

Vibranium

Banned
I still want a Black Widow solo spy thriller. And I really think we're gonna get it in Phase 4.

Bucky must appear in this, even as a small supporting role. I want to see Natasha and Buck doing spy stuff in the MCU. One of the coolest couples in the comics (that should have never ended) and I'd love to see flashbacks of them encountering each other.

Also, Vulture's suit looks really cool and intimidating in the Homecoming concept art. Spidey will probably rip his mask off in a fight (got to show Keaton of course) to get some shots at him.

I'm pretty skeptical of this, because it's not a direct quote and the only source reporting it is io9; at least one other outlet at that roundtable has reported it quite differently.

http://collider.com/comic-con-2016-agents-of-shield-panel-recap/

Now that Marvel has bumped the Inhumans movie from its current slate, there could be a bigger opening for the show to explore that roster of character. Both Bell and Loeb said it’s going to be easier to explain the origins of characters’ new powers, while Tancharoen and Whedon feel they now have more freedom to expand into that world. While they did not comment on whether they would be able to tap into any of the classic or more popular Inhuman characters, expect to see further integration of Inhumans into this new season.

That said, if it's true, the Inhumans movie is definitely 100% dead.

The Kree

Banned
Is that actually true though? Is he the one to blame for the lack of sharing?

Some say it's Perlmutter. He said, she said, that's corporate politics for ya.

I don't know that Perlmutter has a problem with TV/movie crossovers as a concept. He's just cheap. He's a money guy, not creative.

I personally think network television cheapens most Marvel characters and I project that onto Kevin. I obviously don't know what he actually thinks, but I imagine that he was probably really gung-ho about Inhumans until TV started meddling with them. I also imagine that he probably had a vision for differentiating them from the X-Men in a way that TV failed to do; on SHIELD they come off as third rate mutant knock offs to uninitiated audiences, but if I were doing it I would have presented the royal family first and foremost and done it Game of Thrones/House of Cards/Spartacus/Tudors style. Instead we got a handful of nobodies relegated to monster-of-the-week subplots. Boring. I don't like the hunted and oppressed angle they took on TV because it's just retreading what we've already seen with the X-Men. Jeph Loeb is an inferior producer. The overall quality of ABC and network programming in general also leaves a lot to be desired. A long form mature rated Netflix series would be a better idea if they can't make it to film.

I don't know that Perlmutter has a problem with TV/movie crossovers as a concept. He's just cheap. He's a money guy, not creative.

I personally think network television cheapens most Marvel characters and I project that onto Kevin. I obviously don't know what he actually thinks, but I imagine that he was probably really gung-ho about Inhumans until TV started meddling with them. I also imagine that he probably had a vision for differentiating them from the X-Men in a way that TV failed to do; on SHIELD they come off as third rate mutant knock offs to uninitiated audiences, but if I were doing it I would have presented the royal family first and foremost and done it Game of Thrones/House of Cards/Spartacus/Tudors style. Instead we got a handful of nobodies relegated to monster-of-the-week subplots. Boring. I don't like the hunted and oppressed angle they took on TV because it's just retreading what we've already seen with the X-Men. Jeph Loeb is an inferior producer. The overall quality of ABC and network programming in general also leaves a lot to be desired. A long form mature rated Netflix series would be a better idea if they can't make it to film.

I have a hard time imagining a TV show being able to do the royal family justice at all. I can only see it working as a movie. The budget needed to make it not look like a cheap SyFy show just isn't going to happen on TV.

The Kree

Banned
I have a hard time imagining a TV show being able to do the royal family justice at all. I can only see it working as a movie. The budget needed to make it not look like a cheap SyFy show just isn't going to happen on TV.

Netflix just spent $120 million on The Get Down. Inhumans is doable there with that kind of budget for maybe 6-8 episodes. The Marvel Netflix shows so far have been a couple episodes too long anyway, but a series could be superior to a film for the character work alone. You follow Crystal, Medusa and Maximus as main characters, Karnak and Gorgon as secondaries, and you have them all tiptoeing around Black Bolt in the background. A film would be a better choice for a more straight up action movie though.

So, thoughts on Black Widow in Spider-Man: Homecoming?
I'm thinking she has a really small role. Maybe Tony has her spying on the Vulture and suspects he's up to something, so he passes along information to Peter as the accords prevent the Avengers members from acting without government consent and Spider-man's secret identity lets him act relatively unabated. It could also work like a test for Peter to see if he can hold his own, so they like, watch Peter's fight. In the end there is some tension due to the Vulture proving way more dangerous than anyone anticipated and Peter and maybe some of his friends are very nearly killed. Peter learns that Tony and Nat were watching without directly interfering, leading to a fallout between them and Peter strikes out on his own.

That's my fanfiction hot take.

Pachimari

I'm okay with Black Widow in anything, or rather Scarlet Johansson. Just give her her Iron Man 2 hairstyle again!

I'm still hoping we'll get that Inhumans movie. I'm more confident about it after Kevin Feige confirmed it anyway.

Netflix just spent $120 million on The Get Down. Inhumans is doable there with that kind of budget for maybe 6-8 episodes. The Marvel Netflix shows so far have been a couple episodes too long anyway, but a series could be superior to a film for the character work alone. You follow Crystal, Medusa and Maximus as main characters, Karnak and Gorgon as secondaries, and you have them all tiptoeing around Black Bolt in the background. A film would be a better choice for a more straight up action movie though.

At that budget sure, but I think it would be wishful thinking for an Inhumans show to get that kind of budget. For context, the budget for the first seasons of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and the Defenders COMBINED was planned to be $200 million. Obviously, that timeline changed when Daredevil season 2 got thrown in there, but the plan was always $200m for 60 episodes spread over 3 years.

Quick

Banned
She was apparently spotted in Atlanta, via a Twitter account that's related to filming movies in Atlanta in general.

I think I got it right.

Quick

Banned
I really don't think Inhumans is happening either, definitely not in Phase 3 at the very least (edit: this goes without saying lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom