• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wait, did something happen since they won't go back?
No, but even while The Avengers seem to hanging around in germany every weekend, I just dont think it will happen soon again.
BP will be in Africa, Strange Asia and New York, Thor and Guardians in Space, and I dont think Captain Marvel will be flying around.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
SPIDEYMOBILE

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIfZ2iIAIge/ - Video

vABXhFw.png

Perks of Tony Stark banging your aunt.
You can use his car.

Neoxon

So I transformed my little cousin into a Guardians fangirl. She only got Star Wars gear for her birthday decorations because all the Guardians gear was gone.

Neoxon

So I just found out that Scarlett Johansson was also Mindy (The Princess of the Sea, whom Patrick had a huge crush on) from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.

Quick

Banned
Feige said Ant-Man/Wasp will start filming next June so we maybe getting something by NYCC.

I'd imagine concept art at best.

But it's now been a year since Ant-Man and having a sequel coming up just made me realize how far the project's gone from perpetual pre-production and the fallout from Edgar Wright leaving to now having a sequel to a pretty good movie.

Dr. Strange - TIME
Thor 3 - SOUL

I would bet anyway. We're missing a green Infinity Stone, and Thor left at the end of AOU heavily suggesting he was going to figure out what was going on.

Probably posted before;

Feige Baby said:
“In this film, the Eye is a very important relic that can be quite dangerous if used in the wrong hands, because it has the ability to do any number of things, the most dangerous of which is, it can sort of manipulate probabilities. Which is also another way of saying, ‘screw around with time’ — which is part of our story.”

My guess is more Thanos in Ragnarok and the final Infinity Stone in Ant-Man and the Wasp (to fit the Microverse stuff).

We really only have room for the last two stones to be in Doctor Strange - because c'mon the Eye of Agamotto has to be a stone - and Thor 3, because he's actively invested in them. I don't feel like they'd put one in Black Panther.

jph139

They could honestly just tack a "Thanos ganks Gardener or Runner or whoever and nabs his gem" scene to the post credits of pretty much any other movie. Or the intro of Infinity War. Pretty easy sell.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I honestly dont give a shit how or when he gets the Infinity Stones. They're just there as a bad macguffin trope.

Just show me what he does once he was them.

curb

Banned
I really don't think we're going to see much of Thanos and maybe even the Infinity Gems outside of a mid/post credit scene until the next Avengers. The Eye of Agamotto may be one but I personally doubt it'll come up during the actual plot of the movie.

IconGrist

So as someone not super familiar with Marvel outside of the MCU can someone explain to me what threat level Thanos is? This long of a build up I have to assume it's pretty damn high. But if that's the case then I'm not sure how I'm supposed to buy the Avengers taking him on without getting slaughtered. With the exception of Thor and Hulk I guess.

Neoxon

So as someone not super familiar with Marvel outside of the MCU can someone explain to me what threat level Thanos is? This long of a build up I have to assume it's pretty damn high. But if that's the case then I'm not sure how I'm supposed to buy the Avengers taking him on without getting slaughtered. With the exception of Thor and Hulk I guess.
Thanos as powerful as you can get without going into Celestial/Galactus/Watcher/etc. territory. He's a legit threat on his own & can take on most of the Marvel Universe with ease, but it's the fully-assembled Gauntlet that's truly godlike.

With the Infinity Gauntlet, which is where the film series is headed, he is nigh omnipotent. At the height of crazy cosmic marvel he slaughters most of the heroes even after halving his power for lols, and at full power is able to defeat and imprison cosmic entities like Galactus, the Stranger, the Titan Kronos, Epoch, the entities Love and Hate, two Celestials, Master Order and Lord Chaos, and Eternity.

Without the Gauntlet he is still an extremely powerful threat that has gone toe to toe with some of Marvel's most powerful characters.

He can wreck easily most peoples' shit without the Infinity Gauntlet.

Edit: ^ Sibersk explained it much better than I.

IconGrist

Thanos as powerful as you can get without going into Celestial/Galactus/Watcher/etc. territory. He's a legit threat on his own & can take on most of the Marvel Universe with ease, but it's the fully-assembled Gauntlet that's truly godlike.

With the Infinity Gauntlet, which is where the film series is headed, he is nigh omnipotent. At the height of crazy cosmic marvel he slaughters most of the heroes even after halving his power for lols, and at full power is able to defeat and imprison cosmic entities like Galactus, the Stranger, the Titan Kronos, Epoch, the entities Love and Hate, two Celestials, Master Order and Lord Chaos, and Eternity.

Without the Gauntlet he is still an extremely powerful threat that has gone toe to toe with some of Marvel's most powerful characters.

He can wreck easily most peoples' shit without the Infinity Gauntlet.

Edit: ^ Sibersk explained it much better than I.

Thanks. Do you all believe his threat level you described will match his MCU presence? I'm just curious because everyone besides Thor, Hulk, Vision (Captain Marvel?) seem like they'd be rather useless. Outside of slapping minions around like in the other Avengers movies. Does Thanos have some sort of achilles heel that would even the odds out?

Neoxon

Thanks. Do you all believe his threat level you described will match his MCU presence? I'm just curious because everyone besides Thor, Hulk, Vision (Captain Marvel?) seem like they'd be rather useless. Outside of slapping minions around like in the other Avengers movies. Does Thanos have some sort of achilles heel that would even the odds out?
That's the point, it's gonna take everyone to take down Thanos. And besides, Vision's pretty much marked to die (& later repaired) thanks to the Mind Stone being on his forehead.

Thor and Hulk have actually been nerfed quite a bit compared to their comics counterparts so I expect Thanos will be as well, though not too much. I haven't read any Thanos stories in years, but from what I remember of Infinity Gauntlet, he caused his own defeat.
4286154-thanos.jpg

Depends on what they're going for. The Infinity Gauntlet story was mainly about Thanos wrestling with the idea of godhood and if it made him happy. He loses primarily because it doesn't. Most of the marvel heroes getting slaughtered was pretty much in the background to that.

Thanos was the protagonist. We'll see if the Russos go the same way.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Depends on what they're going for. The Infinity Gauntlet story was mainly about Thanos wrestling with the idea of godhood and if it made him happy. He loses primarily because it doesn't. Most of the marvel heroes getting slaughtered was pretty much in the background to that.

Thanos was the protagonist. We'll see if the Russos go the same way.
With his smirk at "court death" in Avengers, I fully expect his cause of defeat to be because Lady Death is not pleased by him killing everything, so he just gives up and resets the universe or something
then Drax kills him, and Thanos actually gets a happy ending

guek

Banned

If they're smart, they'll have an assault team and B team with a secondary objective. Having everyone fight Thanos at once would get most of the heroes massacred

I really don't think we're going to see much of Thanos and maybe even the Infinity Gems outside of a mid/post credit scene until the next Avengers. The Eye of Agamotto may be one but I personally doubt it'll come up during the actual plot of the movie.
I thought we might get him attacking Xandar in a GOTG2 post credits but fairly confident that isn't happening now. I feel like he's got to attack Asgard at some point, whether that's in Thor 3 or not, I dont know.

The Kree

Banned
These movies can't get weird enough for me. I need more stuff like this in the MCU. I wanna see T'Challa having a conversation with Bast.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

Interesting but we know that both Avengers films are being shot back to back. I don't subscribe to the idea that they're two very different movies (but obviously, we know it's no longer a Part 1, Part 2 deal).

Though admittedly the Russo bros said that it's a misconception to think that too.

Who knows!

I just think it's a lot of work for a couple of guys to take on the role of culminating everything built from three phases of movies AND kick start the forth.

fake edit: Now that I think about it, the "Part 1" and "Part 2" names seem more like placeholder names because they didn't really know what was happening when they announced it. If Thor 3 lays a lot of the groundwork for Infinity War, I don't think it'd necessarily need two parts, but if there's a New Avengers film right after, it'd make sense to shoot everything at the same time in a year, due to the size of the cast and schedules.

I'm going to think this over a bit more now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom