• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
It was announced when Perlmutter was still in power. Most likely a longer time before we even got that famous event back then since they dont decide this from one day to the other.

I think the major difference between those projects and Inhumans was demand.

Avengers is definitely going to be a thing for Phase 3. But Captain Marvel has been something fans have wanted for some time, along with pressure to have a woman in a leading role.

I could be wrong, but the Inhuamns project is that left field choice. No one hates it, but no one really asked or expected it either.

Pachimari

Wait, where is all this skepticism about an Inhumans film happening coming from, after we for confirmation from Feige that it is still happening?

Neoxon

Wait, where is all this skepticism about an Inhumans film happening coming from, after we for confirmation from Feige that it is still happening?
I guess it's the idea that Inhumans wasn't given a new date, yet. Though given the fact that Feige was more adamant about Inhumans still happening than he was about Runaways, I don't really agree with all of the concern. But I guess with all the Perlmutter stuff going on, I can understand why people may be skeptical. But if I recall, Deadline also mentioned that Inhumans wasn't cancelled, but rather delayed (which lines up with what Feige said). And given that he said that he has plans up to 2021, & that Inhumans is part of that plan, it seems like 2021 may be the new release year for the film (which has yet to have finite dates nailed down right now).

The phrasing's really weird here, is this confirmed or just your idea?
Apparently Scarlett Johansson was spotted on the set of Spider-Man: Homecoming. I just saw it on the Spider-Man: Homecoming production thread.

Hot Toys Doctor Strange yo

13876505_938125692981756_969939044042242934_n.jpg

13891794_938125729648419_3283749505955937142_n.jpg

13882154_938125746315084_2655665659119945065_n.jpg

13782213_938125749648417_4616940234284929176_n.jpg

13872998_10153772919933807_5108517125250689319_n.jpg

12472492_910992092359819_8575872292736958834_n.jpg

Neoxon

That would actually be a fairly simple, lower stakes way of starting to really integrate Marvel TV into MCU.
This would be pretty neat. For example, they could show us what some of the Netflix heroes have been up to. But I do agree that shorts before movies could be a great way to give movie-goers a window into the TV side of the MCU (if Perlmutter isn't a total dick about it).

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
This would be pretty neat. For example, they could show us what some of the Netflix heroes have been up to. But I do agree that shorts before movies could be a great way to give movie-goers a window into the TV side of the MCU (if Perlmutter isn't a total dick about it).
I was actually thinking more along the lines of shorts combining TV characters with the bigger MCU folk.

Introducing Mockingbird to Hawkeye and Black Widow.
Bringing back Lorelei for a short with other Asgardians.
Tie up the loose ends of Agent Carter.

The Kree

Banned
They should be doing Giant Size Little Marvel shorts with the Skottie Young character designs. How has no one at Marvel Studios realized that yet?

curb

Banned
They should be doing Giant Size Little Marvel shorts with the Skottie Young character designs. How has no one at Marvel Studios realized that yet?

A Skottie Young shorts series would be a million times better than Marvel's current animation output.

Avengers: Infinity War: Part 1 is now being released as a standalone film, while Part 2 is now untitled.

Given that the Russo brothers have confirmed both would be different films earlier this year, it doesn't come as a surprise.

It's to my understanding the floor dropped for splitting films business. Justice League also had a shift from parts to two stand alone films.

Although, if it goes down how we'd expect perhaps Infinity War is fitting for the sequel. But who knows.

BLACKLAC

Disney release schedule update suggests two-part sequel now standalone film

The studio will release “Avengers: Infinity War” as planned on May 4, 2018. What was slated to be the second part in that story, “Avengers: Infinity War Part II,” has now been renamed as an “Untitled Avengers” project.

I'll wait for a Marvel confirmation.

that's a little disappointing. if anything deserves to be a 2 parter, it's infinity war

Both films being different is old news.

TDLink

Yeah I'll wait for a more official source. That doesn't really seem confirmed.

I'm still betting on the first movie's title being Thanos or Infinity Glove/Gem related. With the second movie keeping the Infinity War title.

Yeah I'll wait for a more official source. That doesn't really seem confirmed.

I'm still betting on the first movie's title being Thanos or Infinity Glove/Gem related. With the second movie keeping the Infinity War title.

Avengers: Thanos Quest (aka PokeGem Go)
and
Avengers: Infinity War (aka Gotta kill em all)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
From the Thor "documentary" from Comic Con.
He's missing one stone. Taika pls.

a short before every MCU film needs to become a thing. way too much potential there.
With AC dead and the other ABC shows seemingly not happening, they really have to bring the One Shots back.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of shorts combining TV characters with the bigger MCU folk.

Introducing Mockingbird to Hawkeye and Black Widow.
Bringing back Lorelei for a short with other Asgardians.
Tie up the loose ends of Agent Carter.
I actually love this idea.

Avengers: Disassembled.
I'm going with Avengers: Reassembled, because it's clear that Thanos is going to tear them a new one in IW.
Or maybe Guardians of the Galaxy: Infinity War, if Vol 2 turns out to be huge.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I wish I would ever be in the possibility or running into something like this but I think after Civil War They wont go into my country again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom