• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

curb

Banned
Anyone got any nice marvel wallpapers for my iphone

Not a Marvel movie image but I use this one. I darkened it a little bit and it looks great on my phone.

ASM2014013Cover_col.jpg

The Kree

Banned
Anyone got any nice marvel wallpapers for my iphone

This is what I like to do: Go to http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_Database

Do a search for a series. Example - Annihilation: Ronan.

You'll see all the covers for that series when you scroll down. Scroll down further and you'll see the covers without text. Click the image you want, then click the link at the top that says "See full size image." There's your wallpaper.

I suggest looking for series because book covers tend to have higher quality artwork than whatever is inside a book. In Firefox you can right click and do a Google image search on the picture for bigger sizes in case the resolution isn't big enough.

shingi70

Banned
Would anyone be up for doing a MCU watch through once Civil War is out on Blu Ray. We could even make a swanky thread in OT and do a film a week.

Jonogunn

Would anyone be up for doing a MCU watch through once Civil War is out on Blu Ray. We could even make a swanky thread in OT and do a film a week.

I marathoned phase 1 during the last few days lol.

It's crazy how the films and characters have all evolved. Watching actors/actresses become more and more comfortable with their roles

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Interview: ‘The Defenders’ Showrunners Doug Petrie & Marco Ramirez on Getting the Team Together

Is designing the action different, figuring out how four people with abilities work together?

Petrie: Oh my gosh, yes. The fight scenes are exponentially more complicated, but also there’s an opportunity too that’s much more fun.

What are the advantages and disadvantages to having to service so many characters in each sequence?

Ramirez: If anything it’s been a great challenge because it makes you feel like I have to stay true to who these characters are. Luke has to be Luke. JJ has to be JJ and Danny has to be Danny. Same with Matt. If anything, it’s been a real exercise almost in restraint. These people are all so strong headed, so I’ve taken it as a learning experience. They’re all so strong willed and so smart and so capable that sometimes, this was something I experienced writing for Frank [Castle, a.k.a. Punisher] last season, sometimes the page screams back. It’s like, “No, no, this is what I’m doing. I don’t care what your plans are.”

Are you thinking of one monolithic villain or multiple villains for The Defenders?

Petrie: Interesting. We never really think of them as antagonists, first of all. We always think of everyone having their own agenda.

Ramirez: Without giving any spoilers or anything, I can say it’s been a challenge because now that they’re all four together, it feels like they’re so powerful. How cool is this? We get to use all four of these people but I think we’ve found something that feels great.

You found one massive threat or a combination of threats?

Ramirez: Can’t say. Again, the focus at least right now as we write these scripts, the focus is on telling the greatest “Matt meets JJ meets Danny meets Luke” story and focusing on them.

Is there room for Matt’s lawyering during The Defenders?

Petrie: Always. Always. Always. It’s what he is. Is there room for Catholicism? Is there room for angst? Is there room for heartbreak? Is there room for violence? Yes, all these things.

So you don’t need to put it on the back burner?

Petrie: Nothing’s going on the back burner. They’re all bringing all their A games to The Defenders I’m happy to say.

Did you already know you had The Defenders when you were breaking Daredevil?

Petrie: Towards the end we had a pretty good sense of it.

Ramirez: The decision I want to say happened I want to say toward the end of this season so we had to keep stuff secret which was fun. To be on set, we’d often get questions, people like, “Do you know who’s doing The Defenders?” and had to be like oh man, don’t know. I have no idea, who knows? Once it was announced I was really happy.

Short Zemo deleted scene from Civil War (bonus Joe Russo cameo):

http://io9.gizmodo.com/see-a-key-moment-of-zemos-plan-in-this-deleted-scene-fr-1785596903

Included on the incoming home release of Captain America: Civil War, the scene sees Zemo—listening to the last voicemail message from his wife before she died in the Avenger’s battle with Ultron in Sokovia—meeting up with Doctor Theo Broussard, the psychiatrist hired by the Joint Counter-Terrorist Centre to interrogate Bucky Barnes. And fun fact: Broussard was played by none other than co-director Joe Russo, credited as Gozie Agbo!

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
‘Captain America: Civil War’ Blu-ray to Feature Extended Version of Agent Carter’s Funeral, More Details

BONUS FEATURES (DIGITAL HD/3D & BLU-RAY)

United We Stand, Divided We Fall – The Making of Captain America: Civil War Part 1 (21:26) & Part 2 (22:18) – As the tension mounts, sides are chosen and lines drawn. Learn more about the characters on each side—from Captain America and Iron Man to the latest recruits. In this complete behind-the-scenes look at a landmark in the Marvel saga, we’ll examine their stories through exclusive footage and interviews and discover just what went into selecting the Super Hero teams, filming the epic action sequences and introducing Black Panther and Spider-Man to the MCU.

Captain America: The Road to Civil War (3:58) – Explore the First Avenger’s fascinating evolution from loyal soldier to seasoned, conflicted hero who questions authority.

Iron Man: The Road to Civil War (4:12) – From Gulmira to Sokovia, delve into the development and evolution of one of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Gag Reel (2:43) – Break the tension of this high-stakes conflict with some hilarious outtakes featuring the lighter side of your favorite Super Heroes.

Deleted & Extended Scenes – Check out never-before-seen footage that didn’t make the final cut of Captain America: Civil War: Extended Peggy’s Funeral (5:39), Zemo Meets Doctor Broussard :)30), ‘You are not used to the truth’ :)47), ‘Gotta get me one of those’ :)25)

Audio Commentary – Directors Anthony and Joe Russo and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely deliver scene-by-scene insight and explain the storytelling challenges they faced creating the third installment of the Captain America franchise.
Open Your Mind: Marvel’s Doctor Strange – Exclusive Sneak Peek (3:49) – Go behind and beyond the scenes
as Doctor Strange makes his journey to the big screen.

tomtom94

So was Scott going to be Team Stark early on? It wouldn't really make much sense since he resents Tony.

I'm going to assume this is from an alternate version where the Giant-Man reveal doesn't take place during the big fight, or Wanda is on Team Stark and she's controlling Scott.

BLACKLAC

Benedict Cumberbatch talks Doctor Strange
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/benedict-cumberbatch-talks-doctor-strange-4/
“Some bits made me think, ‘Wow. God. That’s what I’m part of,’” he told us, after watching the Inception-style city bending. “You have conceptual art that they show you, but you only really realise what you’re part of at the end of the process. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy the effects while we were shooting, because a lot of them were real elements, whether it was sets that make a room miniscule, or the costume designs.”
Cumberbatch also spoke glowingly of the Big Cape Moment, glimpsed in the trailer, where Strange whips his signature red costume around his shoulders in flamboyant fashion: “It was wonderful to see that moment get a cheer. He’s really earned it by then.”

Jonogunn

My bet is Joel Mchale finally gets a role in a marvel movie. Anyone see that Community episode where he breaks down and rants about how Chris Pratt got a shot at a marvel movie where he feels he could have done the same thing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom