• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
My bet is Joel Mchale finally gets a role in a marvel movie. Anyone see that Community episode where he breaks down and rants about how Chris Pratt got a shot at a marvel movie where he feels he could have done the same thing lol

Um...

joel-mchale-spiderman-2-6f3fd.jpg

Doctor Strange got some last minute help from Dan Harmon, proving how the Russos are intent to have "Community" take over Marvel Studios.

Harmon was brought on board after the movie wrapped principal production and his pages were “for additional photography,” according to one source.

More "Captain Marvel" rumors swirl as director shortlists emerge.

Niki Caro, Lesli Linka Glatter and Lorene Scafaria are on the shortlist for the highly-coveted job of helming Marvel Studio's first female-centric superhero movie, several sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Previous projects for the three include:

Caro broke through with 2002's Whale Rider, the Oscar-nominated generational drama that looked at a young woman trying to break through a male-oriented culture. She followed that up with North Country, a rape drama that starred Charlize Theron. She also directed McFarland, USA and has The Zookeeper’s Wife, starring Jessica Chastain, in the can.

Glatter hails from the television world, a side of the entertainment industry where female directors are better represented than in film. She is the main director on Homeland, the hit spy thriller from Showtime that stars Claire Danes, and is up for an outstanding director in a drama series award at September's Emmys. Among her numerous directing credits are episodes of Ray Donovan, The Newsroom, True Blood, Mad Men, ER and The West Wing.

Scafaria may seem like the outlier here but actually follows many of Marvel's patterns. She made a name for herself as a writer of quirky material -- Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist was her first writing credit -- and wrote and made her feature directorial debut with Seeking a Friend for the End of the World that starred Steve Carell and Keira Knightley. She wrote and directed The Meddler, the semi-autobiographical dramedy which starred Rose Byrne and Susan Sarandon that was released by Sony Pictures Classics earlier this year.

tomtom94

I can envision an alternate draft of Civil War where Ross, not Zemo, is the ultimate bad guy and the final fight is against Red Hulk.

As this draft would be worse, I'm okay with him not being involved, but delighted to see that the Russos and the Ms (Marcus and McFeely) really do consider everything.

The Kree

Banned
Including Red Hulk on Team Stark would have been fine, but I have to wonder how the airport scene would have gone down differently. Cap and Bucky barely made it out of there as it was. Wanda would have had to resort to mind tricks, which would have probably gotten someone killed.

Including Red Hulk on Team Stark would have been fine, but I have to wonder how the airport scene would have gone down differently. Cap and Bucky barely made it out of there as it was. Wanda would have had to resort to mind tricks, which would have probably gotten someone killed.

I'm going to imagine this was going to be the route they were taking if they didn't get Spider-Man. Tony and Ross would think they have an ace up their sleeve but I can't imagine Ross would have been able to fully control his new power and it would have gone sideways from there.

shingi70

Banned
If Red Hulk were in the movie, I doubt he would have been apart of the airport scene. In fact pretty sure any potential red hulk fuckery would have ended with it being the Combined Avengers versus Red Hulk and the crazed Winter Soliders.

The Kree

Banned
If Red Hulk were in the movie, I doubt he would have been apart of the airport scene. In fact pretty sure any potential red hulk fuckery would have ended with it being the Combined Avengers versus Red Hulk and the crazed Winter Soliders.

The story was about ripping the Avengers apart. They wouldn't have written it that way. They would have kept Red Hulk in the right and had it come down to Tony vs. Steve over Bucky due to Zemo.

TDLink

4chan has a thread regarding "leaks" about Marvel Studios upcoming films and Phase 4 plans, so take with a grain of salt:

http://boards.4chan.org/tv/thread/73596554/marvel-leaks#p73596797

Honestly, these reports sounds very plausible, and I kind of hope these turns out true, although I'm sure they're fake. I'm really hoping Black Panther will be a political thriller and their most serious movie yet.

It sounds plausible because most of it is Phase 3 stuff we already know as fact or widely reported rumours, and the other stuff are easy to make assumptions that many of us have speculated already.

That still doesn't mean it's a real "leak" though. Reiterating all the stuff that's been put out there just helps make the stuff that hasn't (about Ant Man & Wasp, Infinity War/A4, Captain Marvel, and Phase 4) more believable.

curb

Banned
I was reading through the "leak" details on reddit and as someone pointed out in the comments, the last big "leak" from 4chan had a very similar set of plausible details and half of it turned out to be garbage.

I don't think a "grain of salt" is required for these types or rumors. What's required is to just close the browser tab.

I was reading through the "leak" details on reddit and as someone pointed out in the comments, the last big "leak" from 4chan had a very similar set of plausible details and half of it turned out to be garbage.

I don't think a "grain of salt" is required for these types or rumors. What's required is to just close the browser tab.
Its interesting to read these leak lol

curb

Banned
I look at them as what ifs or fan fiction. I'm surprised how we haven't gotten too many star wars leaks.

Yup. And rumors may be a think that were true at one point and could totally change before release.

There's been some Star Wars stuff get out but they've been pretty good with the secrecy.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Captain no more.

Directors Confirm Captain America Isn’t Captain America Anymore

“I think him dropping that shield is him letting go of that identity,” said Joe. “[It’s] him admitting that certainly the identity of Captain America was in conflict with the very personal choice that he was making.”

Did Iron Man make Spider-Man sign the Sokovia Accords?

Joe: How do I say this? I don’t want to give anything away. I’m going to have to plead the fifth on this one because it could actually give stuff away.

Anthony: In the parameters of this film?

Joe: In the parameters of this flim, who knows? That was a long jet ride to Germany.

Is Spider-Man’s Uncle Ben in this universe?

Joe: That’s something that people will have to wait for until the “Spider-Man” movie.

Also answer to age-old GAF question.

How did Captain America know that the Winter Soldier killed Howard Stark?

Joe: When you watch “The Winter Soldier,” there is a shot of Howard Stark dead behind the wheel of a car, and there is another shot of the Winter Soldier, so there’s certainly an implication that Winter Soldier was involved in Howard Stark’s death. And Captain’s a smart guy. I think he can put two and two together.

edit: Whoops, forgot the link!

inky

Joe: When you watch “The Winter Soldier,” there is a shot of Howard Stark dead behind the wheel of a car, and there is another shot of the Winter Soldier, so there’s certainly an implication that Winter Soldier was involved in Howard Stark’s death. And Captain’s a smart guy. I think he can put two and two together.

Unlike some people over at the Civil War thread...

How did Captain America know that the Winter Soldier killed Howard Stark?

Zach-Galifianakis-Thank-You-Gif-To-An-Insult-In-The-Hangover.gif

"Just because they showed an article about Howard Stark's death right after the incredibly euphemistic "accidents will happen..." post describing the Winter Soldier DOESN'T MEAN CAP KNEW"

Vindication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom