• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
In hindsight Age of Ultron gets better in every viewing. My main problem is it doesn't feel like a capstone too phase II in the same way the first Avengers did.

tomtom94

In hindsight Age of Ultron gets better in every viewing. My main problem is it doesn't feel like a capstone too phase II in the same way the first Avengers did.

To be fair that's because Ant-Man is the end of phase 2.

But I get what you mean. I think it's partly because they needed the ending to set up Civil War without making it too depressing and breaking Tony and Cap up completely.

shingi70

Banned
To be fair that's because Ant-Man is the end of phase 2.

But I get what you mean. I think it's partly because they needed the ending to set up Civil War without making it too depressing and breaking Tony and Cap up completely.

I think the ending would have worked better if the avengers were already in a Shakey spot once civil war started.

Pachimari

I'll probably give Thor: The Dark World and Avengers: Age of Ultron another watch one of these days. Age of Ultron remains the most disappointing MCU movie for me, although that may change on rewatches.

Here's what the practical Spidey suit looked like while shooting Civil War:

rgPumD2.jpg

Looks like 3D webbing to me.
I now see why they went for CGI Spidey.

Yikes at that webbing.

curb

Banned
I'm looking forward to watching Civil War again in a couple weeks.

Edit: man, the recent "Civil War was disappointing" thread has people still arguing about whether or not Cap knew about Bucky and Tony's parents.

annie-chloroform3.gif

Edit 2: The Homecoming production thread has some nice Spidey screen caps, likely from the blu-ray.

curb

Banned
I've found lately that there have been some topics that instantly turn toxic outside of the OT and I just stay out of them now. I like that this thread is in OT Community so while it's not crazy active, we don't get a lot of the main Off Topic garbage.

I've found lately that there have been some topics that instantly turn toxic outside of the OT and I just stay out of them now. I like that this thread is in OT Community so while it's not crazy active, we don't get a lot of the main Off Topic garbage.

I feel like the logical endpoint of all those threads would just be hitting a new peak in over-the-top hyperbole.

"Does anyone else think Suicide Squad is the greatest film ever released ever?"
"On a scale of 1 to 10, how mind-blowing & genius is Snyder's use of symbolism and subversion of audience expectation in BvS"
"Thor 2 >>>>> Citizen Kane."
"Does anyone else think Kevin Feige and Geoff Johns should fight to the death to see who has the superior Cinematic Universe?"

That's the thing I hate about debating on the internet; both sides gravitate to hyperbole and insults to get their point across.You can't have a moderate view of both sides or it doesn't get discussed, it's either "Zack Snyder is the new Terrence Malick, you fucking plebian-casual" or "Zack Snyder did the cinematic equivalent of sleeping with my mom, telling her he loved her, set wedding plans with her, and then eloped with my dad, you fucking hack."

Feige is wily in a fight and got the physical advantage. But Johns is too calm, always on the edge of unleashing a lvl3 special. Fight could go either way. Loser fights Avi Arad.

I'm looking forward to watching Civil War again in a couple weeks.

Edit: man, the recent "Civil War was disappointing" thread has people still arguing about whether or not Cap knew about Bucky and Tony's parents.

annie-chloroform3.gif

Edit 2: The Homecoming production thread has some nice Spidey screen caps, likely from the blu-ray.

I HAD TO RESTRAIN MYSELF GUYS BUT OH MY GOD THE DIRECTORS CONFIRMED IT

THE DIRECTORS CONFIRMED IT :(

guek

Banned
Let's not turn this into a "whine about OT thread"

On topic though, I don't understand the problem with the way Civil War reveals Steve knew about the Stark's murders. When Tony asks if he knew, Steve responds with "I wasn't sure it was him" which is exactly how the audience was supposed to react to the footage in Winter Soldier. But he then clarified with a "yes," which is also how the audience should have felt. It was implied strongly enough for Steve, and the audience, to admit he could piece it together but not so strongly that couldn't lie to himself and to Tony. That's good, nuanced writing of a 3 dimensional character.

Feige is wily in a fight and got the physical advantage. But Johns is too calm, always on the edge of unleashing a lvl3 special. Fight could go either way. Loser fights Avi Arad.

Feige and Kinberg vs. Johns and Snyder, who wins?

Winner has to fight Arad and Nolan in a Planet Hulk-like Thunderdome.

curb

Banned
I saw Civil War once on a good screen in 3D and once on a crappy screen in 2D and neither had the level of detail that those GIFs have. I can't wait to appreciate all the Blu-ray goodness.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This is gonny be a long month.
Would be cool if UK GAF could check for a german dubb when its out, then I can import the steel.

(Also, then I dont have a "The First Avenger" Steel 🙄)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom