• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

Yo MCU GAF, DCEU GAF put together a discord chat channel where we just bullshit and talk about comic book movies in general or whatever other topic comes up. Friendly bunch. The channel is HERE.

If you choose a name other than your GAF handle please let us know who you are so we can keep track of who is who. Any lurkers are welcome as well. The more the merrier.

The Kree

Banned
Yo MCU GAF, DCEU GAF put together a discord chat channel where we just bullshit and talk about comic book movies in general or whatever other topic comes up. Friendly bunch. The channel is HERE.

If you choose a name other than your GAF handle please let us know who you are so we can keep track of who is who. Any lurkers are welcome as well. The more the merrier.

I don't understand how this works.

One change I'd make to the Black Panther suit, aside from the cape, obviously, is making the head smaller. Deadpool and Spider-Man have well proportioned heads.

I wonder how many actors turned Netflix roles for reasons like this

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/08/25/the-jungle-books-giancarlo-esposito-/
:( It doesn't have to be this way

I really wish Disney would just push Marvel TV back under the Marvel Studios banner (and Feige's control) so that we can get back to #itsallconnected

It really does suck to think that with all that's going on in with The Defenders, and on AoS, that none of that will ever really matter and none of those character may ever appear in one of the Movies, and on the flip side, out-side of Fury and Sif, none of the major heroes may ever interact w/ the characters on the TV side of things.

So hopefully Marvel gets this all sorted out so that they can give us fans what we want, which happens to be what they "promised" us in the beginning.

I really wish Disney would just push Marvel TV back under the Marvel Studios banner (and Feige's control) so that we can get back to #itsallconnected

It really does suck to think that with all that's going on in with The Defenders, and on AoS, that none of that will ever really matter and none of those character may ever appear in one of the Movies, and on the flip side, out-side of Fury and Sif, none of the major heroes may ever interact w/ the characters on the TV side of things.

So hopefully Marvel gets this all sorted out so that they can give us fans what we want, which happens to be what they "promised" us in the beginning.

CDhtZJ-WAAAga26.jpg

They didn't even fight an Ultron bot...

Pachimari

CDhtZJ-WAAAga26.jpg

They didn't even fight an Ultron bot...
Yeah it's fucking bullshit that they haven't given it to us.

Here's to hoping they can sort out their mess.

It's stuff like this that's make me wish Ike Perlmutter was booted off his CEO position. Guy's already messed off so much stuff that badly tainted some of phase 2.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Also, the fact that none of the Avengers save for Fury and Hill, even know Coulson is alive. It's been 4 fucking years! Like, I get if their initial plan was to have this big reunion with Cap and Coulson in the movies or even as a guest appearance on the show, but with how all the network/movie shit is going down it must've just kept delaying it. Now it's been 4 years and we still have no resolution to this. It's beyond dumb. If Couslon isn't in Infinity War then it's never going to happen.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The reason the Avengers found the facility with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the openning was because it was found in the tv show Agents of Shield. Thats how it was connected.
Perfect way to connect the stuff.
Laughable that people still want actors of +1 bn dollar movies to show up in TV shows. The money that would
Be needed would make the budget explode.

Also, there ar people who dont consume every second of footage that comes out of that universe. Let the Avengers show up regulary on the TV show? The cinema crowd would be left alone. Have the TV guys appear in a more meanigful way then Winter Soldier? Nobody would get it.

Also, have fun writing a good 2 1/2 movie with 30 characters.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The reason the Avengers found the facility with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the openning was because it was found in the tv show Agents of Shield. Thats how it was connected.

Also the helicarrier that showed up at the end was the secret project Coulson was working on.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Also, its not like the smaller characters show up in thr big events anyway. Guys like Luke Cage appear only because they are leader of own Avengers team. It makes totally sense that these guys are involved in the big, earth or universe shattering moments. When Jessica appears in something like this, its only because she is the wife of Luke and he in a Teamleader.
Its working. And stuff like the missing Stark Tower is just nitpicking. Nobody outside the internet notices this. Not even I would and I am one of the MCU diehard fans.

Pachimari

Also the helicarrier that showed up at the end was the secret project Coulson was working on.
These are great connections. And I love those.

And I think it is laughable to tell people it is laughable to expect or want characters to cross over. Marvel had this all set up, until the two bosses started to bitch about each other. They could have done so much unprecedented stuff here, and I think it's the potential here that people are sad about isn't being realized which I think is fair game.

Vic_Viper

The movie characters will never transition to tv accept for maybe minor characters doing small cameos. They could always bring the Netflix heroes in to the movies though with a small role like Cap reaching out to Daredevil but it would never be a large role in the film. Just a glorified cameo is all people want. But the tv shows on cable will never get the same sort of treatment. Tbh I'm surprised AoS lasted as long as it has. It's no surprise the spinoff didn't end up working out.

What was the latest news from the Thor set btw? Was it just the pics of Anthony Hopkins? I saw something on ign about new news in passing. I'm actually really looking forward to Thor this time around.

strafer

I wanna see Chris Evans on Agents of Shield and have him finally give Coulson those signed cards.

Heartbreaking moment in Avengers.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
The movie characters will never transition to tv accept for maybe minor characters doing small cameos. They could always bring the Netflix heroes in to the movies though with a small role like Cap reaching out to Daredevil but it would never be a large role in the film. Just a glorified cameo is all people want. But the tv shows on cable will never get the same sort of treatment. Tbh I'm surprised AoS lasted as long as it has. It's no surprise the spinoff didn't end up working out.
Considering ABC is actually part of Disney and Netflix isn't, wouldn't there be more of a chance that more movie actors could show up in SHIELD rather than one of the Netflix shows?

Also, the occasional TV appearance could easily become a contractual obligation with newly signed overarching Marvel Studios contracts, could they not?

The lack of crossover truly seems to be caused by personality clashes.

Hagi

I wanna see Chris Evans on Agents of Shield and have him finally give Coulson those signed cards.

Heartbreaking moment in Avengers.

They've waited too long. Too much has happened to Steve for him to let go being lied to for the hundredth time by shady government agents. I don't think he'd be happy that his not so dead friend has been secretly running an agency for years he was instrumental in shutting down. He'd more than likely punch Fury's head clean off.

I've been reading Jason Aarons stellar run on Thor this weekend and couple that with all the great behind the scenes stuff we've been seeing for Ragnarok I really want to revisit Thor 2. Next year is going to be hype as fuck with Guardians 2, Spider-man 7 and Thor 3. Can't wait.

Also, its not like the smaller characters show up in thr big events anyway. Guys like Luke Cage appear only because they are leader of own Avengers team. It makes totally sense that these guys are involved in the big, earth or universe shattering moments. When Jessica appears in something like this, its only because she is the wife of Luke and he in a Teamleader.
Its working. And stuff like the missing Stark Tower is just nitpicking. Nobody outside the internet notices this. Not even I would and I am one of the MCU diehard fans.

Excuse it all you want man. I'm disappointed its not happening.

AOS being non-canonically responsible for shit like the Helicarrier in AOU is completely not enough. Don't treat other people like morons for wanting what Marvel promised.

Pachimari

I expect some TV heroes to cross over to the movie side some day. Some day. Didn't Kevin Feige recently say, that they had to look into that soon?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I expect some TV heroes to cross over to the movie side some day. Some day. Didn't Kevin Feige recently say, that they had to look into that soon?

September last year:

"I think that's inevitable at some point as we're plotting the movies going forward and they're doing the shows," he explained during the Age of Ultron event at the Hero Complex Gallery in Los Angeles on September 29th.

The issue thus far, he said, is that the schedules for the TV shows and movies "do not always quite match up to make that possible."

"It's easier for them. They're more nimble and faster and produce things quicker than we do, which is one of the main reasons you see the repercussions of Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron in the show," Feige said. "Going forward and certainly as they begin to do more shows and cast them with such great actors as they have -- particularly Daredevil -- that that may occur. A lot of it is by the time we start doing a movie, they'd be midway through a season; by the time it comes out they'd be done with the second, starting the third season. Finding timing on that is not always easy."

jph139

I'm mostly fine with how Marvel has handled the movies-to-AoS connections. A few references there, a cameo here, enough to enrich the experience a bit.

The only missed opportunity for me is that none of the crew showed up piloting the Helicarrier in Age of Ultron. They hired "random dude from Winter Soldier" that 90% of the audience won't recognize, but for people that did, it was real cool. Would it have been too much to have a shot of Agent May piloting something, or Fitz and Simmons running around in support? It wouldn't have been too expe sure, the movie audience would have lost nothing, and the TV fans would have been vindicated.

TDLink

Realistically you'll almost never get the big movie actors showing up on the TV shows. Nick Fury seemed like a special exception.

But the TV characters, especially from the Netflix shows, should be allowed to cameo in the films. Even if they're only there for all of 2 minutes in Infinity War, that's enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom