• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

The rest of his comment seems to indicate he'd return if Marvel asks him to.

I don't think Red Skull NEEDS to be Weaving when he returns, but I'd really like it. he was great.

I like how Hugo speaks so I hope he can return as Red Skull but this time with more love for the franchise and role :x

But on the overall, I dont think it needs to be Hugo. Should be someone who'd enjoy it!

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/09/22/russo-brothers-tease-magic-powers-in-black-panthers-ring/

The Russos had some interesting things to say about Black Panther's ring:

cb9e7409e34138d9b92ee53ef041f4afffbcb373.jpg

Ryan Coogler will be heading up the solo Black Panther film, but that doesn’t mean the Russo Brothers aren’t keeping up with the project. Anthony Russo may be busy with Avengers: Infinity War at the moment, leaving him booked for the foreseeable future. However, he did take some time to hit the Internet and tease fans that Black Panther might be getting some new powers soon.

The director answered a fan’s question on Quora that asked whether the hero’s ring had any magical powers or abilities. Anthony said, “Black Panther’s ring is special to him because it was worn by his father, the king.”

“When he puts it on for the first time in Civil War, it’s symbolic of him taking on his father’s role. As for it’s powers, we will all have to wait for the Black Panther movie."

I'd love for Red Skull to return and for Weaving to play the role again. Bringing back all the villains killed(?) by Infinity Stones would be a pretty neat twist on the Black Order.

I think it's a much much better option than heroes fighting mind-controlled heroes or Thanos summoning an army of disposable mooks/thanos energy clones/whatever (no more trash armies in Avengers films plz). And it'd be a great setup for Phase 4.

The Kree

Banned
I would love to see the Red Skull in the present day losing his mind at the sight of Jews walking around freely, interracial couples holding hands, HYDRA destroyed, Captain America still alive.

I think it's a much much better option than heroes fighting mind-controlled heroes or Thanos summoning an army of disposable mooks/thanos energy clones/whatever (no more trash armies in Avengers films plz). And it'd be a great setup for Phase 4.

Eh, you know Thanos will show up with an army for the fodder heroes to handle

I REALLY want The Black Order to show up, they are just really cool characters but I think for convenience's sake they're just gonna bring back dudes like Red Skull

If the Red Skull were to come back, should they make his design more monstrous? No lips so it's just his teeth chattering, that sort of thing, or has Ghost Rider cornered that design element?

On a related note, has the Ghost Rider ever inflicted the Penance Stare on Red Skull? I feel like that might permanently wipe him out of existence.

Vibranium

Banned
Pls Brubaker Run design

bru+lukin.jpg

Best Red Skull design right here. It can work easily with CGI, I think Marvel should go that route instead of makeup next time.

If Weaving comes back I hope Marvel make RS scarier and more of a horrible fascist. He was too much of a generic "take over the world" villain in TFA.

antonz

Best Red Skull design right here. It can work easily with CGI, I think Marvel should go that route instead of makeup next time.

If Weaving comes back I hope Marvel make RS scarier and more of a horrible fascist. He was too much of a generic "take over the world" villain in TFA.

Marvel seems to want to dodge the Nazi angle entirely which really does neuter the character quite a bit into the generic take over the world type as you say.

They really should embrace the characters Nazi background and not run from it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Old news, knew about it a month ago.

How so?

It's my first time hearing about it right now, and I googled to see if there are any news or articles about him having a role in Thor 3 a month ago. I wouldn't able to find any news that are a month old. Can you source me on that news please?

Hydrargyrus

I have some questions, not completely related with the MCU, but maybe some of the Ironman fans could help me.

It's about Ironman and its armour. The first thing is why Tony didn't use vibranium (or adamantium, but the vibranium seems better for an armour)?, and the second: Has been any situation (in the comics) where the armour/Tony ran out of energy?, because seems to have limitless energy always

I have some questions, not completely related with the MCU, but maybe some of the Ironman fans could help me.

It's about Ironman and its armour. The first thing is why Tony didn't use vibranium (or adamantium, but the vibranium seems better for an armour)?, and the second: Has been any situation (in the comics) where the armour/Tony ran out of energy?, because seems to have limitless energy always

In both the MCU and the comics, vibranium is incredibly rare. You couldn't make a whole Iron Man suit out of it, unless you have a straight supply like Black Panther.

Not sure on the 2nd question. This is the MCU thread :p

El Topo

Didn't Marvel want to have a director for Captain Marvel by the end of the summer? Don't think we've heard anything conclusive since the last batch of rumors (e.g. the THR article), have we?

BLACKLAC

Didn't Marvel want to have a director for Captain Marvel by the end of the summer? Don't think we've heard anything conclusive since the last batch of rumors (e.g. the THR article), have we?

Last I heard Marvel were in no rush and that a decision could be made after Labor Day(which is now guaranteed after).

It seems like the people up for the spot are going through the same process as the Russo's did for Winter Soldier. They said by the time Marvel picked them they had the film pretty much entirely planned out.

El Topo

Last I heard Marvel were in no rush and that a decision could be made after Labor Day(which is now guaranteed after).

It seems like the people up for the spot are going through the same process as the Russo's did for Winter Soldier. They said by the time Marvel picked them they had the film pretty much entirely planned out.

Oh absolutely, I was just wondering if I had missed something. If BP is anything to go by, we might not get an announcement until early 2017.

Asbel

Vibranium or adamantium would make him OP and OP hereos are harder to write interesting stories for. See Thor or Surfer who had a hard time with keeping an ongoing series despite their popularity. Most fans like to say that my hero can beat yours but as a long time Iron Man fan, I much prefer that he can't beat Thor but can outsmart him.

Iron Man 3 had a depowered Iron Man and was entertaining but the out of energy plot device can get boring when you see it too many times. It's a way to depower an OP hero so that they have to think their way out of a bad situation which would be more interesting than the hero stomping the villain for the tenth time.

The Kree

Banned

Tony's suits haven't been made of metal for about a decade. Too dangerous to walk around in a metal suit with villains like Magneto out there.

Adamantium is an artificial alloy, while vibranium is a rare alien ore. With both, you can shape them in liquid form however you want, but once hardened, they can never be altered because they don't break. This limits their potential for modification in the future. He's constantly streamlining. Eventually his armor is going to be skin thin.

Currently he wears shapeshifting molecular nanotech, which is his most versatile armor yet - it goes invisible, turns into a car, whatever shape he wants, whatever tool he needs at a moment's notice. Before that he was wearing symbiotic liquid metal. Before that he was wearing carbon fiber nanotubes.

And he runs out of energy when the plot requires some additional danger or tension, usually during a protracted battle.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

The questions have already been answered a bunch, but here goes:

Vibranium is ultra rare and adamantium is hard to make AND they're not conductive to suits of armour, except when they are.
And running out of energy is a classic Iron Man trope, especially back when the chestplate of the suit kept him alive as well. There amount of times he'd arrive to his home tired, dramatically exclaiming that if he did not recharge soon he'd die and then he'd plug his suit to the wall socket (at least in that one cartoon) was kind of funny.

Da-Kid

Marvel has been real tight lipped with footage of Doctor Strange. All the TV spots barely show a smidgen of new footage or anything.... Even the promotional posters are ambiguous.

tomtom94

It bears repeating, but it's become fairly standard practice for Marvel to lock down a director for about six months of pre-production, which means just under 2 years before release. Gunn was hired in September 2012 for a July 2014 release, Waititi was hired late last year for Ragnarok, which launches in November, and as people have mentioned above, Coogler was hired earlier this year for BP, which is in early 2018.

Moreover, the constant pushback of "we want it announced by X date" is also fairly standard, as Waititi was meant to be announced by the end of last summer and then it kind of dragged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom