• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more movies we go through and the more time passes, the more a feeling of dread grows in me that they're gonna give "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!!" to Tony Stark instead of Cap. He basically had it in Age of Ultron in the third act when he was like, "Avengers! Time to work for a living!"
Don't do this to me...

Unless Cap does it after Tony's death.

The more movies we go through and the more time passes, the more a feeling of dread grows in me that they're gonna give "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!!" to Tony Stark instead of Cap. He basically had it in Age of Ultron in the third act when he was like, "Avengers! Time to work for a living!"
I think I'd just sit there like
gob-bluth-650x364.png

Bronx-Man

Banned

This is the only "something from the comics is given to Tony" moment that would actually piss me off.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Russos are doing Infinity War.
It will
Be Steves thing.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Planning on marathoning Jessica Jones tonight (as someone who hasnt seen the series before) in preparation for Luke Cage.

Wish me luck, gentlemen.

The Kree

Banned
Please give everything to The Wasp because she is the greatest Avenger who ever lived kthxbye

I wanna see three teams, one lead by Wasp, one lead by Luke, and one lead by Carol.

Wasp would basically just be female Cap. Luke would be the reluctant yet inspiring leader. Carol would be the opposite of both, displaying a lot of false confidence and constantly undermined by her own insecurities.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I thought it was really good, personally. I think a lot of the backlash is just general hype backlash.
It was not Daredevil, had a couple of problems and had a female maincharacter... I guess thats the problem.
But I liked it. DD S02 > JJ > DD S01

I hope that people dont shit on Cage because its really focused on Black People...

El Topo

Man, it would be great if the second season focussed a bit more on various cases. A superhero detective show would be amazing.

I thought it was really good, personally.

It has its issues, but it's much better than S2 of DD. Man, what a disappointment that one was.

TDLink

All 3 of the Netflix seasons so far have had the problem of being too long. Cut a few episodes from each and they'd be a lot better. That said, the stuff that was really good in S2 of DD was anything involving The Punisher. The ninja stuff was completely at odds with it in terms of tone and goofiness (not to mention it didn't gel with the Punisher stuff very well at all). I am not sure how you really fix that though considering the goofy ninjas have always been a part of Daredevil and were always going to be a part of the show. I think if that was the focus of its own entire season and The Punisher was the focus of its own entire season then it wouldn't have felt as off as trying to mash them together.

With JJ it's like they dropped the really great Noir tone a few episodes in and kind of let the story get away from them. The "Nuke" stuff was also alarmingly bad and seemingly just there to set up the character for future seasons/The Defenders maybe?

I feel like both of these shows have a big problem with their supporting characters, with only the antagonists (Kingpin, Punisher, Kilgrave) being real standouts.

I have high hopes they'll keep improving though. Luke Cage is looking great and we don't have long to wait to see if it will avoid the same pitfalls of the others or not.

Da-Kid

How does Jessica Jones get her powers in the MCU? She got in a car accident and.... that's all. No chemicals or anything.

The Kree

Banned
How does Jessica Jones get her powers in the MCU? She got in a car accident and.... that's all. No chemicals or anything.

I think it was implied that she was tampered with/experimented on while she was in that coma after the car accident. My money is on Trish's mother taking money from some shady organization.

The Kree

Banned
So we see that Trish's mom is a character of questionable morals.

She gave Trish that IGH file which had Jessica's medical records in it. We know that Simpson was linked to IGH.

Whoever/whatever IGH is, they did something to her. They're either a drug company or something government related.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wasnt there the accident where the car of her family crashed in the chemical truck?
Never saw anything that let me think about experiments

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You're thinking of her comic origin. That's different.
Pretty sure the truck is in the tv show.
Edit: In Episode 11 there is a short flashback of the actual crash and I remember another scene where its more clear that its a chemical transport.
Wont go through all of the show now of course

tomtom94

It was meant to be Jason Statham at one point, but I doubt that was ever going to happen. Statham has too much of an ego to play a supporting role on a cable series...

/Film are reporting that Bernthal is shooting Punisher scenes next month, and a few guesses at what it could be for.

Source.
WAIT. Slashfilm's speculation points to AoS being the crossover hoster, and AoS will take place in LA. Which means, there's a very good chance I'll get my Frank in LA Punisher series that I so very desperately wanted.

Imagine a "Punisher" series that takes liberal influence from Heat and have it contain three core plot strands: ideal cop who wants to take the Punisher down, low-ranking gangster making power plays for the throne, and the Punisher himself.

BLACKLAC

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/role-r...o-the-matrix-to-the-dressmaker-130831224.html
I thought it would be a lot of fun to play a classic über-Nazi, someone who thought Hitler was a pussy! [Laughs] It was fun to play; I enjoyed the outrageousness of the German accent that I employed and I enjoyed the extraordinary mask and costume, even though it was unbelievably hot inside it. I enjoy mask work; I enjoy trying to animate masks and reveal certain things that the mask itself might not reveal. V for Vendetta was another example of that, but there was less animation within that mask versus the Red Skull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom