• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

What's the next big(ish) film that has a similar audience to GotG? Could attach it to that first, then to CapAm2.

RoboCop is the most obvious, but then again, you might think we'd have gotten more advance hype for it were it out that soon. After that, there are a few other action-y films out this month (Pompeii, Three Days To Kill, Non-Stop) but those don't seem like a great fit.

TDLink

It doesn't have to be in front of a Disney film. And The Wind Rises isn't even a wide release.

You're right, it doesn't have to be. It could also be Robocop this week or Pompeii later this month, I guess.

I do believe The Wind Rises is a wide release though. It released as limited last year to qualify for awards.

TDLink

GOTG trailer is NOT attached to Robocop. I'm a manager at a theater, and it was not present on any of the studio mandated trailer packages.

Thanks for letting us know. Looks like then February 21st films are the next possibilities (trailers on Friday films typically release online that Wednesday before though).

In other words, the 19th is the next real candidate for release of the trailer. The 26th after that.

Thanks for letting us know. Looks like then February 21st films are the next possibilities (trailers on Friday films typically release online that Wednesday before though).

In other words, the 19th is the next real candidate for release of the trailer. The 26th after that.

I'm hoping it will be online before it debuts in theaters, but in the case that it isn't, I'll give you guys any updates that I can.

:(

The "studio mandated trailer packages" aren't just those from the film's distributor (Sony, in this case)?

No, they are all handled by our corporate office, which works with all studios.

We would need also need the GOTG content by tomorrow at the latest, which would be cutting it very close. That's not impossible, but it's very improbable, especially given what our bookings state.

Neoxon

And to add to the Guardians of the Galaxy hype...

lego.png

Special thanks to Guard the Galaxy for getting this picture in the first place.

god damn

10 years ago if you told me there'd be a fucking GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY LEGO set i would have called you a liar and an evil person for putting the thought into my head

damn it feels good to be a marvel nerd right now

Simo

:(

The "studio mandated trailer packages" aren't just those from the film's distributor (Sony, in this case)?

I checked the list of trailers theaters are getting and here's what coming this week:
Under the Skin TLR 1
REDBAND‐ Under the Skin TSR 1
Captain America: The Winter Soldier TLR 2 Highway TLR 1
Rio 2 TLR K
Transcendence TLR 2

So no GOTG in theaters this week. Doesn't stop Marvel from releasing it online this week but I would of expected some kind of week long hype including a poster release by now unless they start tomorrow.

Next week looks better and I can check the theater release to make sure given The Wind Rises and Pompeii are released. NY Toy Fair also kicks off next week and so we're about to see more of GOTG from the fair, proof in point being the leaked Lego photo above revealing Ronan.

TDLink

I'm liking the direction they are going with Ronan's costume, just based off of that blurry pic of the lego figure.

Neoxon

I checked the list of trailers theaters are getting and here's what coming this week:

So no GOTG in theaters this week. Doesn't stop Marvel from releasing it online this week but I would of expected some kind of week long hype including a poster release by now unless they start tomorrow.

Next week looks better and I can check the theater release to make sure given The Wind Rises and Pompeii are released. NY Toy Fair also kicks off next week and so we're about to see more of GOTG from the fair, proof in point being the leaked Lego photo above revealing Ronan.
My money's on next week.

Oh man, I can't wait for Avengers 2! I've watched the first one multiple times and I've enjoyed it each and every time. Let's hope the sequel lives up to the hype, I'd hate to see the series take an Ironman-esque turn for the worse.

I'm still betting the GotG trailer doesn't show up until next month either in front of the Muppets, Divergent, or Noah, but I'd be happy to be wrong on that one. Can't wait to see some
clear
footage!

Still personally hoping that Bucky/Winter Soldier shows up on the Avengers' side in Avengers 2. They might be able to keep that hush-hush until after Cap 2 comes out, depending on the shooting schedule.

TDLink

Still personally hoping that Bucky/Winter Soldier shows up on the Avengers' side in Avengers 2. They might be able to keep that hush-hush until after Cap 2 comes out, depending on the shooting schedule.

Considering that GotG is done filming and we still don't know at least one actor in it (Thanos) it is very likely we don't know everyone in A2 yet.

I just thought of this, but they could also be dropping the trailer on the Thor 2 DVD.
another reason to pick up the DVD ontop of all the digital sales it already got.

To bad that Johannesburg is going to be Johannesburg in this Movie. Missed opportunity, at least they could introduced Wakanda and build up something for a future Black Panther Movie...

Depends on what they're actually doing there. It doesn't make sense to introduce Wakanda unless you're directly dealing with Wakandans since they're an isolationist society. People don't randomly go to/vacation/hang out in Wakanda.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Depends on what they're actually doing there. It doesn't make sense to introduce Wakanda unless you're directly dealing with Wakandans since they're an isolationist society. People don't randomly go to/vacation/hang out in Wakanda.

I could have imagined a point in the Movie, where Ultron is going to Wakanda, to get more Vibranium to producing more minions.

inky

I could have imagined a point in the Movie, where Ultron is going to Wakanda, to get more Vibranium to producing more minions.

Well, but at that point you'd have to previously establish a bit of Wakanda in the movie, right? And is there really time for that in this one, with all the returning characters and the new ones? Vibranium has only been established in the MCU as the metal Cap's shield is made of, completely vibration absorbent, and according to H. Stark, uncommon enough that Cap's shield is all they got.

If they are going to only establish Wakanda (leaving out many of its important characters) so that Ultron can go there because apparently there's loads of Vibranium in this previously unknown place, it will feel kind of cheap if it is only there for that purpose, don't you think?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah, you are right. Sometimes its a little bit hard for me to remember, that the people who have all the knowledge about the comic are a relative small percentage of the audience and that the most people have no idea, that there is a insanely rich and scientific advanced african country with a superhero as ruler and somekind of magic metal as a ressource.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Elizabeth Olsen talks about Scarlet Witch's costume.

“We’ve done some costume
stuff, yeah! My favourite piece is my secrecy cloak that prevents anyone from seeing what I’m wearing. There’s a hood, and a robe – it protects the image!”

I don’t think Joss ever would have hired me, honestly, if he wanted me to wear those outfits; I am not a professional athlete and nor am I a model. Wearing those costumes wouldn’t be fun for anyone who wasn’t those things. He already had a different idea. It respects and involves the comic-book character but it’s different, more rooted. It’s for someone today.” “Well, if someone walked around wearing what she wore in the comics, people would stop and say, ‘What the hell… she thinks she’s a superhero!’”

So a more reality based costume. No surprise there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom