• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
btmiwndpartysmalleramsdr.gif

I'm not sure what reality is anymore

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't really know much about GoTG, but from the footage I've seen, and descriptions, it sounds like the best Marvel movie yet.

Neoxon

My GotG Trailer Senses are tingling, big-time.

Those gifs are just the tip of the iceberg, guys, & I can't wait.

Hobobloke

I really hope this movie turns out as good as I'm hyping it up to be in my head. Can't wait to see the teaser, especially after those gifs!

Simo

Hasbro' GOTG figures...

There are 6 figures in the line with the other 2 to be revealed at Toy Fair as Groot doesn't count as he's the "Build-A-Figure' in the line.

Also that Yahoo SG Twitter mention about the trailer has been deleted..

Neoxon

Hasbro' GOTG figures...

There are 6 figures in the line with the other 2 to be revealed at Toy Fair as Groot doesn't count as he's the "Build-A-Figure' in the line.

Also that Yahoo SG Twitter mention about the trailer has been deleted..
The picture isn't showing.

Does anybody have any high-resolution scans of the Phase One Collector's Set cardboard sleeves for the Phase One films? Wanna try my hand at a custom package slip for a normal BD case with that artwork.

http://schmoesknow.com/marvels-phase-3-plans-unveiled-exclusive/

According to this website, Phase 3 will definitely include Ant-Man, Captain America 3, Thor 3, The Avengers 3 and Dr. Strange.

Marvel is also interested in Black Panther and the Inhumans.

I think we'll see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 confirmed too as long as GotG doesn't do poorly. They're probably holding off to see about it because it's definitely the biggest risk so far in the franchise.

Blader

http://schmoesknow.com/marvels-phase-3-plans-unveiled-exclusive/

According to this website, Phase 3 will definitely include Ant-Man, Captain America 3, Thor 3, The Avengers 3 and Dr. Strange.

Marvel is also interested in Black Panther and the Inhumans.

I don't think any of these are really stretches. Cap 3 and Thor 3 are in development, Avengers 3 is a no-brainer, and Feige has been name dropping Strange for years.

Black Panther and Inhumans have also had writers/scripts for a while, but way less momentum than Dr. Strange. I remember reading that Marvel was pushing the whole Inhumanity comic as a way of laying the groundwork for a movie, so I could believe that Inhumans is closer to production than Panther is, especially since Marvel's plans are steering more cosmic than grounded.

I think Black Panther's best chance is probably Netflix.

I think Black Panther's best chance is probably Netflix.

Has Netflix ever done an Original Movie?

They have TV shows, a cartoon and Documentaries, but I don't remember ever seeing them doing a movie.
and since they are producing 4 Marvel TV shows and a mini-series event, a movie might not be out of the question.

Just imagine a Netflix Original Marvel Movie every (other?) year, in addition to the 2-3 theater movies per year and the 5-6 TV shows.
MCU could be crazy big in a matter of years.

Tom_Cody

It looks like Ronan is going to be blue. The movie of multi-colored people. Assuming 'Rule 34' holds true, I'm sure there is a specific corner of the internet that is very excited about this film.

I am always shocked at how expensive Legos are. A part of me wants to impulse buy all of these (well, if they were available) but $74.99 for this set? Christ.

TDLink

It looks like Ronan is going to be blue. The movie of multi-colored people. Assuming 'Rule 34' holds true, I'm sure there is a specific corner of the internet that is very excited about this film.

Yes, Ronan is blue in the comics too. He's a Kree.

TDLink

Well, yeah. I'm not saying the depiction isn't accurate to the character. I was just commenting that the 'multi-colored people' thing seems to be a very visible and distinctive motif within the film.

Everything involving the Kree is definitely racial.

The Kree are an alien race that are predominantly blue. There are also pink Kree which look more Caucasian, but are a minority. In the comics there's issues about the blue kree getting with the pink kree and many of the blue kree wanting to remain "pure bred" or whatever.

You can read more on it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kree

TDLink

They kept renewing it. Marvel probably won't let them next time though unless they don't have any plans to use him.

IIRC they let them renew it last time because they didn't have any plans for Namor in Avengers/soon (when they made that decision) and thus it is just Universal giving them money. I believe it was pre-Disney buyout though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom