• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
In 10 years time Black Panther and it's sequel, will be the center for Black Hollywood reunions.

They need to get Denzel in on the sequel. Then almost all of Black Hollywood will be able to claim themselves as part of the New Black Panther Party.

Even Orlando fucking Jones?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Kevin Feige once again on the possibility of the Netflix characters showing up for Infinity War.

"I think it’s extremely impressive what Netflix has done and it will be the same answer I always give, which is, “It all depends on timing.” It all depends on how to do it because I don’t think what anybody wants to do is have such important characters show up for one second. Black Panther and Spider-Man to me are the high bar in Civil War of how you can bring in new characters into something. Vision and Ultron, Wanda and Pietro in Ultron. And it takes a lot of screentime, and it takes a lot of work. Infinity War has a lot of people in it already. So it just depends on how we could figure it out."

tumblr_nmoim3SiuT1r0mo2oo2_250.gif

duckroll

Sounds like a "no for the first film, but never say never because we're still writing the script for the second one."

Which probably means "nope."

Why do people keep asking for this? The only answer you'll ever get is "keep watching" or something that doesn't answer but people read it like OMG HE SAID IF WE KEEP WATCHING WE MIGHT SEE THEM.

Until I hear a firm yes from Feige himself, I don't believe it'll ever happen.

IHaveIce

Banned
I just want a nod to them, not actually engaging in a fight together agaisnt Thanos.

If thanos arrives on earth just show how the defenders help evacuating new york or some shit.

They made sense if Civil War was closer to the Comic to use them there. I would prefer if the Spider-Man movies would somehow involve the other NY street heroes.

Mo Ryan @moryan
All 13 episodes of @JessicaJones S2 will be directed by women, EP Melissa Rosenberg says at her @transformhwood panel. @tallgirlmel #TH7

duckroll

Mo Ryan @moryan
All 13 episodes of @JessicaJones S2 will be directed by women, EP Melissa Rosenberg says at her @transformhwood panel. @tallgirlmel #TH7

Women directors on JJ S1:
S.J. Clarkson
Uta Briesewitz
Rosemary Rodriguez

Possible women directors on the radar for a Marvel Netflix show:
Lexi Alexander
Michelle MacLaren

The Kree

Banned
Nah, they should further flesh out the story and character work to fill the episodes instead. The length is arbitrary so long as things are happening.

Ashhong

Kevin Feige once again on the possibility of the Netflix characters showing up for Infinity War.

tumblr_nmoim3SiuT1r0mo2oo2_250.gif

But these characters have already been introduced in a canon 13 episode season or two. I don't care about seeing them but it seems like a lame excuse when Wong is apparently going to be in it

BLACKLAC

But these characters have already been introduced in a canon 13 episode season or two. I don't care about seeing them but it seems like a lame excuse when Wong is apparently going to be in it

The Avengers will need Strange, Wong is a package deal.

wtf do the Avengers need the Defenders for regarding Thanos? Will Thanos have his base of operations at the end of a hallway?

Edit: Black Widow is in the wind, maybe they find her with a ragtag squad....

Just saw Doctor Strange. Liked it a lot. Good humour, great action, excellent visual effects. Falls into similar trappings as most MCU origins movies but also does some things better. Don't know how to feel about their take on the Ancient One yet. It was a solution, certainly not the worst but also not the best. Gonna be interesting to see discussions about it.

Here's the official MCU ranking (in release order):

YAY
Iron Man
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers
Iron Man 3
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange

EH
Avengers: Age of Ultron

NAY
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Thor: The Dark World

Aparrently
marvel wasted
mikkelson...... WHYYYYY, I thought strange was feige's baby.
mjcry1.png
mjcry1.png

mjcry1.png

Hype falling,
He should've been doom.

I haven't seen the movie yet (U.S) but people saying he's
wasted
is terrible, how hard is it to write a compelling
villain
since we are 10 years into marvel studios.

Especially since derrickson and feige were hyping
Kacellius
up, I thought he would be better. Again I haven't seen the movie just going off of impressions from the OT

I haven't seen the movie yet (U.S) but people saying he's wasted is terrible, how hard is it to write a compelling villain since we are 10 years into marvel studios.

Especially since derrickson and feige were hyping Kacellius up, I thought he would be better. Again I haven't seen the movie just going off of impressions from the OT

Any proper answer to this is gonna spoil the movie to you, I'm afraid.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I haven't seen the movie yet (U.S) but people saying he's
wasted
is terrible, how hard is it to write a compelling
villain
since we are 10 years into marvel studios.

Especially since derrickson and feige were hyping
Kacellius
up, I thought he would be better. Again I haven't seen the movie just going off of impressions from the OT

Saw the movie earlier today.

Yeah, he's absolutely wasted, if not more so than previous Marvel efforts.

It's maddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom