• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ny99uezM4x1uc91dzo1_500.jpg

MAKE IT SO

If the post credit scenes are awesome, I can resist clicking the spoiler bars.

But if they're lame or lackluster, I'd like to click them now so I don't set myself up for disappointment on the night of the film.

So, if you've read them... Should I click them?

If the actors signed a contract that includes film appearances, then they could be included no problem. The TV shows are like a year behind the films, timeline speaking, so they have time to write stuff about the tie ins.

But if they're lame or lackluster, I'd like to click them now so I don't set myself up for disappointment on the night of the film.

Don't click.

jph139

First one is interesting. Second one is super predictable to anyone who's familiar with the characters.

EDIT: Tagged in case anyone is sensitive...

Da-Kid

Mid-credits SPOILERS:

Why would Strange ask for Thor to stay on Asgard forever when Thor has been doing nothing but helping the human race? I understand if he said Loki... but Eh... I think something there might be confused. Also... I wonder why Loki can't find Odin given he had everything to do with his disappearance... right?

Interesting.

Quick

Banned
Are we planning on starting up an Infinity War production thread sometime?

We agreed that we were done doing Production Thread but there was a Thor Thread immediatly after, so I am not sure :D

If you guys are planning a Production Thread for Infinity War, do it when production kicks off in November. I'm sure there's going to be enough content to start with.

Kevin Feige talking about Infinity War and the as yet untitled fourth Avengers film.

tumblr_nmwsx6aJhO1tnpfs2o3_r1_500.gif

Source.

uSlOxeT.gif

TDLink

none of the Netflix shows are chronological relative to when they were released

also, seasons one and two of Agents of SHIELD defy this as well.

I was only talking about the films. My point is the only point of making a timeline would be to slot in when the shows take place around the films. Which for the most part is just between the films that were chronologically released while they were airing, except for Agent Carter.

So already the post credits scenes have been revealed.

Yeah I too will try my best to avoid clicking the spoiler tags.

Only 3 more weeks!

And as for including "everyone" in the next Avengers films, will keep my expectations low, but I hope it finally happens.

Neoxon

I must stay strong, I can't give into the temptation of the mid & post credits spoilers.

As for the TV guys showing up in the movies...
  • The Defenders are probably the safest bets considering crossover potential between the movie & TV sides of the MCU. Maybe Punisher may show up as well, but he's not actually a Defender (as far as we know right now)
  • Quake, Coulson, & Ghost Rider also seem like they have a solid shot at crossing over of the SHIELD cast. Quake is a legit hero on the show, Ghost Rider because he's Ghost Rider, & Coulson because the secret of him still being alive can't be kept forever (no matter how many hoops he jumps through to keep that fact under wraps).
  • In terms of references, if they're gonna start referencing MCU-TV stuff more, I'd expect at least some mention of SHIELD being reestablished thanks to the Sokovia Accords &/or the non-Atillan Inhumans popping up everywhere. The latter of the two could provide a back-door for Kamala Khan to show up in the movies after Captain Marvel is established. Likewise, Nico Minoru's mother being in Doctor Strange (at least in the prologue comics) could provide a tie-in for the Runaways show on Hulu.

TDLink

With Feige teasing it I can't imagine they -aren't- going to include The Netflix Defenders at this point, even if it's a brief cameo. He could just say no, instead he's being coy. That immediately sets up expectations. It's not like Daredevil is going to have some sort of subplot in Infinity War, but showing the street level guys fighting some mooks that Thanos conjured up in a quick scene? I can see that.

The Agents of SHIELD aren't getting anywhere close to the MCU films outside of Coulson. That I am sure of.

Azazzel

Mid-credits SPOILERS:

Why would Strange ask for Thor to stay on Asgard forever when Thor has been doing nothing but helping the human race? I understand if he said Loki... but Eh... I think something there might be confused. Also... I wonder why Loki can't find Odin given he had everything to do with his disappearance... right?

Interesting.

"Strength invites challenge" .

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Coulson will return in Infinity War with his
robot hand
, make a gun shape with his hand, shoot, kill Thanos and quip

"So that's what that does"

obin_gam

Taika Waititi does an AMA.
Proves he is best.

Considering the retro logo, can we expect an 80's vibe in Thor: Ragnarok?
You can. And more.

Howdy Taika, Kevin Feige said that Thor: Ragnarok would be the Winter Soldier of the MCU's Phase 3 movies. Care to elaborate on that?
Jeez. I better see Winter Soldier... no joke.

Hi Taika! I saw "What We Do in the Shadows" and loved it! I'm really excited for Thor: Ragnarok & I've got a couple little questions:
1) Will Thor: Ragnarok meld well with the previous two movies, or will it stand on its own?
2) Can we expect some of the same brand of humor in Thor? If so, were you ever given a hard time about certain scenes or lines?
3) Why does the title card for Thor look like it was pulled from a retro video game?
4) What's happening with We're Wolves?
5) Would you like some bisghetti?

I have no idea. It will be a nice addition to the Taika Waititi box-set though.
You can expect a Taika-esque tone. They've been very accepting of my style.
In case there's a retro style video game spin-off.
We have a title, what else do you want??
I'm not falling for that!

What have you planned for Thor: Ragnarok to make it stand out from the other Marvel films? Also, compared to your other films, how humorous will it be?
Awesome. Thanks. I think TR will be one of the most adventurous and most "out there" of all the marvel movies. It's a crazy movie.

Hello Taika. In Making Thor 3, did you make efforts to make it similar or dissimilar to the previous Thor films? As in, did you try to maintain the same elements, or did you try to make it more unique? Thanks
I made an effort to ignore the fact there are other Thor films.

Chris Hemsworth is really funny. How much of his comedy chops are utilised in THOR: RAGNAROK?
All of them.

How much influence/involvement did MARVEL have on the plot leading into infinity war?
Was it your decision to completely change the Thor logo and to leave out the "Ö" and if so- what inspired the style?

Marvel have a huge influence on the story. They know the universe way better than I do.
I still use Cohen. I just happened to be using Waititi on my first film and then it got nominated for an Oscar and I had to keep using it. Cohen is on all of my IDs etc.
The style is inspired by 70s / 80s sci-fi fantasy art. Because our film feels like that.

Hi Taika! There are rumours floating around about a Doctor Strange post-credits sequence. Will there be DS references in Ragnarok?
Probably a reference.

To what extent have you moulded the screenplay into your own thing while making the film, assuming you didn't have a hand in writing it. If you did, how extensive was your involvement in the writing?
Regarding artistic freedom, how much interference did you face while shooting the film? Some is to be expected regarding continuity and stuff, but was there any tension during the shoot?

I've had a big influence on story and character and tone. It's just like how I make my other films except way bigger. So far I've been given a lot of creative freedom. Thanks!

How difficult was it to fit your vision for Thor: Ragnarok into the existing continuity of the MCU?
I didn't bother trying.

A lot more stuff in the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/57oecm/im_taika_waititi_director_of_hunt_for_the/

Hello Taika. In Making Thor 3, did you make efforts to make it similar or dissimilar to the previous Thor films? As in, did you try to maintain the same elements, or did you try to make it more unique? Thanks
I made an effort to ignore the fact there are other Thor films.

Wow, there were no survivors

Doctor Strange tickets have been booked... still find it bizarre that nowhere in the UK is doing midnight screenings. Is it because of the accelerated release date? Or the fact it's releasing on a Tuesday? Half-term for UK schools is the week of the 25th, so cinemas are missing out on a lot of revenue as way more kids could attend a 12am than if they'd released it in a working week.

I've ignored the mid/post credits spoilers, but that AMA from Watiti contains a question that alludes to one, could you edit that post?

Watched What We Do in the Shadows on Friday night, so good. Marvel seriously making some inspired choices with this and Ryan Coogler (as well as Russos/Gunn obviously).

Only one I'm a little worried about is Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom