• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kree

Banned
I would rather see Spidey facing off alone against the Sinister Six than have them waste time rationalizing a reason for Webhead to get involved with the Thanos fight.

Actually, historically, has Spidey ever gotten personally involved in the cosmic stuff without it being Secret Wars, either of them?

Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, Infinity Crusade, Infinity Abyss, The End, and he was Captain Universe for a bit.

Infinity war seems like such a perfect excuse for Spider-Man go to space and got the symbiote costume. Imagine how much money can get just from black costume spider-man alone. Then they can do Venom for stand alone spider-man movie which will get a lot of money as well simply because of Venom.

Litan

Infinity war seems like such a perfect excuse for Spider-Man go to space and got the symbiote costume. Imagine how much money can get just from black costume spider-man alone. Then they can do Venom for stand alone spider-man movie which will get a lot of money as well simply because of Venom.
Nobody gives a shit about Venom. Give me Mysterio or Kraven. Hell, I'll even take scorpion.

Nobody gives a shit about Venom. Give me Mysterio or Kraven. Hell, I'll even take Scorpion.

The Kids Love The Venom.

/avi-arad

With regards to my question, I was wondering more like, if there was an actual personal reason for Parker to wade into the intergalactic stuff beyond doing the hero thing because it's the hero thing to do, but then I guess that's also personal for him, as what he's gotta do too. Power and Responsibility, that whole thing.

Still... we have the Airport Fight, and then Homecoming to establish what he can do as a teenager. Are we gonna have to take it on faith that he can be more than just a momentary nuisance to Thanos and whoever's fighting on his dime?

Litan

The Kids Love The Venom.

/avi-arad

With regards to my question, I was wondering more like, if there was an actual personal reason for Parker to wade into the intergalactic stuff beyond doing the hero thing because it's the hero thing to do, but then I guess that's also personal for him, as what he's gotta do too. Power and Responsibility, that whole thing.

Still... we have the Airport Fight, and then Homecoming to establish what he can do as a teenager. Are we gonna have to take it on faith that he can be more than just a momentary nuisance to Thanos and whoever's fighting on his dime?
Other than Thor, Hulk, Vision, Strange, Captain Marvel, Wanda, Groot and maybe Ant-man and Drax, none of the characters have any business trying to square up with Thanos.

So yeah, I see no reason Spiderman shouldn't be involved. There'll be other obstacles besides just Thanos anyways.

Axass

Doc Strange was fantastic. Best origin story together with Iron Man and Ant-Man.

As for the reports about Mads being wasted, I think as a villain Kaecilius had more depth and screen time than the average MCU villain. Liked his philosophical ideas and they definitely tried to make his motivation less black/white, not the usual "destroy/conquest the world" stuff.
Besides they can quite easily bring him back as the terrestrial host for Dormammu, his way of showing himself on Earth, or something like that if they wish so, seeing as the movie didn't technically end with his death, but rather with him being assimilated to the Dark Dimension.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I hate the new Studio fanfare :(
Music is alright but the animation is really not good.

Yeah, they should've stuck with the comic art rather than including movie footage and concept art.

c080b7e0-9829-0131-3c37-7ef9fb4ca3c7.gif

Only downside to the new logo for me is no Spiderman.

The music on the Civil War logo was absolutely epic. Just said "this is the culmination of everything thus far, it's going to be big"

The logo in Guardians was also perfectly placed. They need to make sure however it looks in Infinity War that it's used effectively.

why would fox not work out a deal with disney? if Doom/Reed were to appear in Infinity war no one would complain since it's the culmination film. After that I can't see them popping up.

It's not like anyone cares about them anyway after last years trash.

why would fox not work out a deal with disney? if Doom/Reed were to appear in Infinity war no one would complain since it's the culmination film. After that I can't see them popping up.

It's not like anyone cares about them anyway after last years trash.
If I had to guess, I'd say there'd still be some leftover resentment from when Perlmutter shit the bed on the inter-studio relationship, in addition to the idea that Fox had the magic touch with the X-Men and Deadpool, so there's no reason they can't make F4 and rake in all the cash and acclaim.

But, I think Fox is getting worried about X-Men. Apocalypse sort of came and went which is a bad sign for a big budget tent-pole. I think they're going to rely less on Singer and more on these new directors they have lined up, though its worrying that none of their projects have really come together in a tangible way. Maybe after Logan we'll get the glut of casting announcements for "New Mutants" and "X-Force" and what not.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Because there are about a million individual active Marvel threads running right now with numerous ongoing discussions for Marvel fans on this site:

Doctor Strange thread.
Doctor Strange review thread.
Doctor Strange Spoiler thread.
Iron Fist production thread.
Agents of SHIELD Season 4 thread.
The Defenders production thread.
Spiderman Homecoming production thread.

Additionally, outside of those numerous productions, there hasn't been much major MCU related news in the last few weeks considering we won't be getting another MCU film till next year.

In other words, patience!

BLACKLAC

why is this thread not as active as the DC one? this thread dies for days at a time sometimes.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

😏 😏 😏

I'm seeing Doc Strange Saturday.... then I will be free!

Litan

Because there are about a million individual active Marvel threads running right now with numerous ongoing discussions for Marvel fans on this site:

Doctor Strange thread.

Additionally, outside of those numerous productions, there hasn't been much major MCU related news in the last few weeks considering we won't be getting another MCU film till next year.

We're going to get the announcement for Captain Marvel's director soon. Yep, any day now...

TDLink

why is this thread not as active as the DC one? this thread dies for days at a time sometimes.

Doctor Strange thread.

Yeah this is the main reason. And we've talked about it before as well. Usually we decide to try to not do a production thread for something because those also don't have news for long gaps of time, and then inevitably someone makes one anyways and the cycle repeats.

Additionally, the week of release of a new film it is sometimes a bit slower than usual (like now) due to people wanting to avoid spoilers, as they are technically allowed to be posted here.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It seems like that decisions regarding the sell out of the movie department of the Constantin AG (who owns the Fantastic Four rights and is just helped by Fox) are going to be made on the 9th.

Maybe we have luck :)

It seems like that decisions regarding the sell out of the movie department of the Constantin AG (who owns the Fantastic Four rights and is just helped by Fox) are going to be made on the 9th.

Maybe we have luck :)
When it comes to the Fantastic Four and chances of returning to Marvel, I keep my hopes very low. That way it doesn't hurt as much when nothing happens.

jph139

I'm curious if the Robbie/Johnny are a "we have plans for Ghost Rider, so we're testing the waters on SHIELD" sort of thing, or a "we have no plans whatsoever for Ghost Rider, so yeah I guess you guys can use him on SHIELD."

I suspect it's the latter honestly.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I'm curious if the Robbie/Johnny are a "we have plans for Ghost Rider, so we're testing the waters on SHIELD" sort of thing, or a "we have no plans whatsoever for Ghost Rider, so yeah I guess you guys can use him on SHIELD."

Probably. That's normally how it goes, no? "We have no plans for *character*, you can use them for Netflix/ABC/Hulu/Freeform/whatever."

Probably. That's normally how it goes, no? "We have no plans for *character*, you can use them for Netflix/ABC/Hulu/Freeform/whatever."

It went kind of like that. They way I heard Jeph Loeb tell it, Marvel came to him and asked him if he wanted to use GR and he plus Jed and Maurissa were like fuck yeah we do.

TDLink

Anyone gonna talk about what Johnny Blaze means for the MCU here? No?

Okay.

It was on SHIELD so it means absolutely nothing and is barely worth talking about.

Yeah it's definitely the latter. Once a GR passes the Spirit of Vengeance on he's no longer GR anyways. So really they basically "wasted" Johnny on a quick cameo and if they ever do use him in the MCU now it would be in a flashback/something that takes place in the past.

But I really doubt they have any plans for him or GR in general whatsoever, which is why SHIELD gets to use him.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Anyone gonna talk about what Johnny Blaze means for the MCU here? No?

Okay.

I don't watch Agents of SHIELD but yeah, I caught the scene on YouTube and that was a seriously cool moment. Honestly shocked Marvel would let the producers use a character like Johnny Blaze on an ABC tv show, instead of potentially keeping him in their back pocket for some kind of theoretical Phase 9 reboot of the character.

When it comes to the Fantastic Four and chances of returning to Marvel, I keep my hopes very low. That way it doesn't hurt as much when nothing happens.

I know I keep saying this, but if they just borrowed the rights to Victor Von Doom so they could use him for the main MCU villain for Phase 4 after Thanos and my life would be complete. If they filmed a secret post-credits scene for Infinity War with Vincent Cassel as Doom...my lord.

I know I keep saying this, but if they just borrowed the rights to Victor Von Doom so they could use him for the main MCU villain for Phase 4 after Thanos and my life would be complete. If they filmed a secret post-credits scene for Infinity War with Vincent Cassel as Doom...my lord.
I need the whole gang there, mang.

Colin Farrell as Mr. Fantastic!
rVqIXIJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom