• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

Michael Keaton on Marvel.
https://deadline.com/2016/12/michael-keaton-ray-kroc-mcdonalds-the-founder-interview-1201866996/

DEADLINE: Did you ever imagine that here we are, talking about these atom-splitting moments with fast food and the Internet, and that conversation you described is probably when the atom got split on the superhero movies that are now the most prized studio commodities?

KEATON: That is one hundred percent right, and no, I don’t think of things like that, especially at the time. It hits me in various times. The further you get from events, you start to look at it from a little distance, position and height, and you get it. I have thought about the way things have changed, because I just did Spider-Man, and Marvel? That is one well-oiled machine. It is remarkable how they have got that whole thing covered in a really qualitative way.

DEADLINE: What impressed you most?

KEATON: Just how efficient it is, in the best sense, and how it operates on a practical level. How organized they are about what they make and how conscientious they are about what they have. They’ve got really wonderful actors for one thing, but I guess that has always been the case. Batman always had great actors surrounding that character. We had Pat Hingle and all these terrific actors. They really get that script is important, and they really protect their lore and that culture and they see the enormity of it, on a capitalistic level.

DEADLINE: Their accomplishment on Captain America: Civil War showed that. Not only did they tell an absorbing story that set up the next two Avengers films, they set up the Black Panther spinoff and introduced Tom Holland in Spider-Man: Homecoming, which you co-star in.

KEATON: A great kid, by the way. That doesn’t sound easy to do. I haven’t seen any of those movies, though. I just haven’t. It’s not a judgment.

The Kree

Banned
Ayesha is not traditionally an Eternal and there's really no reason to rewrite her as one when there's a whole roster of Eternals to pick from.

I don't like the liberties being taken with some of the Guardians related characters thus far as it is. Yondu is like the one exception.

Ayesha is not traditionally an Eternal and there's really no reason to rewrite her as one when there's a whole roster of Eternals to pick from.

I don't like the liberties being taken with some of the Guardians related characters thus far as it is. Yondu is like the one exception.
I'm also fine with Drax but they need to make him more powerful and a better fighter.

curb

Banned
I saw Rogue One last night and people loved the Guardians trailer. LOVED it. Lots of laughs for Rocket, Baby Groot and Drax' joke at the end. That movie's gonna do well.

BLACKLAC

OFjv0Zw.pnghttp:

NYcXqcN.jpg

Feige shows he has good taste. Bow to your Simonson god.

Yeah we are getting that "For myself" line. And it will be one hell of a moment. I can see the GIFs now.

Fine, fine, fine. But I want this more than that Loki moment:
be4579bd409706771e5caa1a64414cec.jpg

SKURGE! Motherfucking Skurge!

Only thing that could get me more hyped for this film is if they drop Beta Ray Bill in a teaser. My nerd boner would be visible from space if that happened.

Feige should've posted this for maximum hype:

That would have set expectations to unrealistic levels.

World just aint ready for Beta Ray Bill on screen. Cant have him coming in and making everyone else look bad.

Please, Feige. Please. The world needs Beta Ray Bill so badly, even if they can't handle it.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.moviecastingcall.org/ope...ers-infinity-war-and-untitled-avengers-movie/

Casting call for Infinity War. Seems to confirm that Captain Marvel will appear in the film, among others.

Starring in “Avengers: Infinity War” is BAFTA Award nominee Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Academy Award nominee Josh Brolin as Thanos, Saturn Award Winner Chris Pratt as Star Lord / Peter Quill, Teen Choice Awards nominee Sebastian Stan as Bucky, four-time Golden Globe Award nominee Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow, Academy Award nominee Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange, Academy Award winner Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel, ALMA Award winner Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Empire Award winner Karen Gillan as Nebula, two-time Academy Award nominee Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye, two-time Saturn Award nominee Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America, BAFTA Awards nominee Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet, four-time Academy Award nominee Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon, Screen Actors Guild Awards nominee Vin Diesel as Groot, Academy Award nominee Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Screen Actors Guild Awards nominee Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man, British Independent Film Awards nominee Benedict Wong as Wong, Action on Film Award winner Dave Bautista as Drax, BAFTA Film Award nominee Paul Bettany as Vision, Santa Barbara International Film Festival Virtuoso Award winner Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa / Black Panther, three-time Academy Award nominee Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / The Hulk, and two-time Academy Award nominee Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man.

Primetime Emmy Award winners Anthony and Joe Russo are directing “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Untitled Avengers Movie” from screenplays written by Primetime Emmy Award winners Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. AFI Award winner Kevin Feige is overseeing production for Marvel Studios. Executive producers are Visual Effects Society Awards winner Victoria Alonso, Primetime Emmy Award nominee Jon Favreau, along with Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, and three-time Hugo Awards nominee Stan Lee. “Avengers: Infinity War” is scheduled to hit theaters on May 4, 2018 and “Untitled Avengers Movie” is set for a May 3, 2019 release. Walt Disney Studios will handle domestic and international distribution.

That cast is ridiculous. I'm really curious how the movies are going to balance that many characters well while still giving Thanos his due, thats why i really like the idea of the first movie being from Thanos' perspective I believe Thanos Quest is the comic I see people mentioning all the time.

The Kree

Banned
http://www.moviecastingcall.org/ope...ers-infinity-war-and-untitled-avengers-movie/

Casting call for Infinity War. Seems to confirm that Captain Marvel will appear in the film, among others.

Oh, look, I formatted this nonsense into a readable list.

Thor
Thanos
Star Lord / Peter Quill
Bucky
Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
Dr. Stephen Strange
Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel
Gamora
Nebula
Clint Barton / Hawkeye
Steve Rogers / Captain America
Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Nick Fury
Scott Lang / Ant-Man
Wong
Drax
Vision
Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa / Black Panther
Bruce Banner / The Hulk
Tony Stark / Iron Man

Thank goodness they left Coulson out.

Thor
Thanos
Star Lord / Peter Quill
Bucky
Dr. Stephen Strange
Gamora
Nebula
Clint Barton / Hawkeye
Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Nick Fury
Scott Lang / Ant-Man
Wong
Drax
Vision
Bruce Banner / The Hulk
Tony Stark / Iron Man

They are not going to spoil the aftercredit here.

Pachimari

I expect many more heroes to show up than just those in the press release. They also said new heroes would debut.

But my biggest worry. What about Mantis!?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I expect many more heroes to show up than just those in the press release. They also said new heroes would debut.

But my biggest worry. What about Mantis!?

Why should they spoil that she will join the Guardians? Just people who follow every tweet of James Gunn and consume every small news snippet know this.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'll be crushed if Spider-Man doesn't make it into Infinity War. He's Marvel's flagship character, it wouldn't be the same without him.

Blatz

Thor
Thanos
Star Lord / Peter Quill
Bucky
Dr. Stephen Strange
Gamora
Nebula
Clint Barton / Hawkeye
Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Nick Fury
Scott Lang / Ant-Man
Wong
Drax
Vision
Bruce Banner / The Hulk
Tony Stark / Iron Man

First thought was where's Wasp? Then I looked at the release schedule and saw Ant-Man 2 is out after Infinity War.

Then I looked at 2017 release schedule. I think it could be the best year for Marvel ever.

Spiderman
Guardians 2
Ragnarok

TDLink

First thought was where's Wasp? Then I looked at the release schedule and saw Ant-Man 2 is out after Infinity War.

Then I looked at 2017 release schedule. I think it could be the best year for Marvel ever.

Spiderman
Guardians 2
Ragnarok

It's certainly the best year -yet- since it's the first year with three films. But It is also likely that all three will be strong films as well.

On the TV side we also have Inhumans and Defenders mini series, and Punisher and Iron Fist. So it will definitely be a big year for the MCU.

BLACKLAC

John Carmack(creator of DOOM) on Iron Man
In most media, most of the time, genius is presented as a super power -- the character solves the puzzle or builds the MacGuffin Machine at the right time, because that's the role to be played. They might as well have been bitten by a radioactive spider.

Every once in a while, it makes me happy to see a portrayal of a character hard at work in the workshop / garage / laboratory, with an implication that they spend much of the off-panel time there. Maybe too much time.

Even Tony Stark has to put in the hours.

The first Iron Man movie was remarkable in showing a path of dozens of failures before success in the flight hardware, and made engineering failure modes an actual plot device -- Iron Monger didn't do enough ice testing.

There was one early episode of House that showed him up all night, surrounded by open books, grimly working the problem. Not repeated, as far as I remember.

On the other hand, I had a discussion after Iron Man 3 with someone that thought the whole idea of Stark being able to come in as an outsider to the Extremis research project and almost off-handedly provide a key insight was absurd. I disagreed; a prepared mind full of expert knowledge often can provide a startling insight without obvious effort. The effort happened in the thousands of hours getting there.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1852962748271567&id=100006735798590

tomtom94

During a recent Periscope Q&A, Gunn was asked directly if he'll be directly involved with bringing the Marvel Cinematic Universe together in Infinity War.

His answer was short and sweet: "Yes, I'm involved in Infinity War."

I suspect this means he'll be chatting with the other guys in the studio space and maybe offering suggestions on the Guardians' dialogue, but certainly interesting.

The Kree

Banned
I imagine he sits at a table and he goes, "Yeah, I like that, but this part needs more green" and then they pay him a hundred thousand dollar consulting fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom