• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avengers 4 is just going to be Infinity War Part II in everything but name. It was renamed because audiences are growing weary of "Part I & Part II" movies, if it was really just going to be a completely different movie it would have been rescheduled. Standalone stories yes but they're going to be very closely connected. I still think Infinity War is going to be a fight for the Infinity Stones and an introduction of Adam Warlock, and Avengers 4 will be the Infinity Gauntlet story proper.

duckroll

Avengers 4 is just going to be Infinity War Part II in everything but name. It was renamed because audiences are growing weary of "Part I & Part II" movies, if it was really just going to be a completely different movie it would have been rescheduled. Standalone stories yes but they're going to be very closely connected. I still think Infinity War is going to be a fight for the Infinity Stones and an introduction of Adam Warlock, and Avengers 4 will be the Infinity Gauntlet story proper.

Or Avengers 3 is based on Hickman's Infinity, and Avengers 4 is based on Hickman's Secret Wars. Oh wait, still no FF license. Whoops. Better luck next time. We could have had something good! I guess they could use Cap and Iron Man again and just do Time Runs Out and actually just destroy everything at the end instead!!!111111

Didn't Feige say that if they revealed the title of 4 that it would basically give the plot to 3 away?
I think you might be referring to this interview where he says:
Where we go after Avengers; what those 2020 films are, we’re pretty sure what those are going to be... but if I tell you that, we’re getting into spoilers,” Feige says.

So, I'm guessing in addition to the already cast characters, we're going to be getting new characters in Avengers 3 & 4 that are going to get solo films.

For one of those movies, my money's on Nova, Dick Ryder or otherwise.
If they were a little more forward thinking they could have made her the pilot who fired the nuke at Stark Tower.
That was supposed to be Carol, if I'm remembering things correctly. Whedon talked about it in one of his interviews.

Ok so I've just finished rewatching Dr. Strange and I think I've spotted another Easter Egg. In the Hong Kong scene, when Wong instructs the recruits to pick an artifact, I spotted Nico Minoru's mom picking out the staff Nico uses, the one with the ring on top.

Also, I think the NY Sanctum's Master was Daniel Drumm?

Neoxon

Ok so I've just finished rewatching Dr. Strange and I think I've spotted another Easter Egg. In the Hong Kong scene, when Wong instructs the recruits to pick an artifact, I spotted Nico Minoru's mom picking out the staff Nico uses, the one with the ring on top.

Also, I think the NY Sanctum's Master was Daniel Drumm?
Now I'm more hyped for the Runaways show.

Da-Kid

Unused artwork for Wakanda in Civil War.
urAgnh0.jpg

q3AA8MR.jpg

qX88vJ7.jpg

OQWJWvG.jpg

http://comicbook.com/2016/12/30/unused-captain-america-civil-war-concept-art-of-wakandan-city-an/1

More in the link.

Probably didn't use these so Coogler would have more time to define the look and feel of the place. So the real Wakanda may still look different than this.

Neoxon

Probably didn't use these so Coogler would have more time to define the look and feel of the place. So the real Wakanda may still look different than this.
That's more-or-less what I'm expecting. But at the same time, Coogler was involved with some of the Black Panther stuff in Civil War, so I wouldn't be surprised if those were his designs for Wakanda.

Anyway, even Marvel Studios knows that 2016 was a train-wreck.

C07_X6MUoAAzHtf.jpg:large

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
What's everyone looking forward to this year?

In a surprise turn of events, Thor: Ragnarok, and the Punisher/Defenders series are my most hyped.

Happy New Year, fellow True Believers!

Definitely looking forward to what's in store for the MCU this year, though I still need to get started on Luke Cage.

Pachimari

I'm definitely most excited for Iron Fist. It's been my most anticipated Marvel production for a while now. Can't wait for Inhumans too, and to experience the first two episodes in IMAX. And when it comes to the big screen it's harder to decide, but probably Guardian of the Galaxy Vol. 2 since it's the closest release, and I'm gonna get Pom Klementieff as Mantis!

jmood88

Thor is easily one of my most anticipated movies in general this year. I have absolutely no idea what Taika Waititi is going to do in the MCU, which is pretty exciting.

Most excited about the stuff we have seen the least of, obviously. I'm a massive Spider-Man fan and after seeing the director's other movie (Cop Car) I'm even more excited but strangely enough I'm most looking forward to Thor Ragnarok.

Strangely curious about Runaways with Schwartz and Savage heading it. Lately they've been giving these gigs to people that I honestly did not see at all in these positions (Taika for Thor) so I'm intrigued.

I would be excited about Inhumans but that seemed so haphazardly thrown together for a late 2017 release that I think it's either going to be shit or delayed.

I'd rather Marvel use Hickman's Black Order than to rehash old villains. with the exception going to Ronan given how Gunn butchered the fuck out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom