• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Wasn't it already confirmed/semi-confirmed that a Homecoming trailer is attached to Rogue One, or was that a false alarm in terms of being official.

FoneBone

In the age of the internet...this isn't still a thing, is it? I doubt this is still a thing.
In 2016, it's safe to say that anyone who pays enough attention to know that a trailer might play in front of a given movie knows how to find said trailer online.

There is still a sizable percentage of audiences who mainly find out about films from in-theater marketing (trailers, posters) and TV spots, and trailer placement does matter for those people, but it's not going to put butts in seats in the first place.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
In 2016, it's safe to say that anyone who pays enough attention to know that a trailer might play in front of a given movie knows how to find said trailer online.

There is still a sizable percentage of audiences who mainly find out about films from in-theater marketing (trailers, posters) and TV spots, and trailer placement does matter for those people, but it's not going to put butts in seats in the first place.

Why would it though? If a trailer were to be attached on a theater screening, the same trailer would be first dropped online a couple days earlier.

Pachimari

Why have nobody mentioned that Luke Cage is getting a second season?

Hmm, dunno what to think about that.

[edit] Oh, I see it got an entire thread already.

I was looking at the MCU release schedule and I couldn't help but notice that Ant-Man & The Wasp is set between Infinity War and Avengers 4. Now I know it's a long shot but:

- Infinity War will have the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy interact for the first time.
- Ant-Man introduced the Quantum Realm (Microverse) and Ant-Man & The Wasp will most likely deal with them going to the Microverse to rescue Janet.

You know who else is from the Microverse?

bug-guardians.jpg

Yes? Yes.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I was looking at the MCU release schedule and I couldn't help but notice that Ant-Man & The Wasp is set between Infinity War and Avengers 4. Now I know it's a long shot but:

- Infinity War will have the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy interact for the first time.
- Ant-Man introduced the Quantum Realm (Microverse) and Ant-Man & The Wasp will most likely deal with them going to the Microverse to rescue Janet.

You know who else is from the Microverse?

bug-guardians.jpg

Yes? Yes.

Marvel Studios doesn't own the rights to Bug because he was originally part of a toy line.

Skab

Talking about MvCi roster ideas/possibilities got me thinking. Who do you guys think will be the villain in Captain Marvel?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Vin Diesel Says Rocket And Groot Movie A Possibility After Infinity War

The Guardians franchise is a part of the much bigger Marvel Cinematic Universe, and fans are waiting to see how the characters will interact with others like Captain America and Tony Stark. It's been confirmed that those Guardians characters will be inlucluded in Avengers: Infinity War, but no one knows the plans for them beyond that film.

Vin Diesel seems to have an idea where they could be headed, and he had no problem letting fans know the possibilities of the Guardians' future.

Vin Diesel voices the popular character Groot for the franchise, and he is reprising that role in Vol. 2. While promoting his new movie, XxX: The Return Of Xander Cage, Diesel took some time to speak with the folks over at Screen Junkies. During the interview, they asked him about the possibility of Groot teaming up with a character like Spider-Man in the future.

While Diesel didn't directly answer that, he did let fans know that another buddy team-up could be in the works.

"I think if it's up to James Gunn, you're going to see a Groot/Rocket movie."

The Kree

Banned
Spin Gamora, Drax, and Mantis (subbing in for Moondragon) off into an Infinity Watch movie instead. Rotate Vance Astro and Venom into the Guardians.

A Rocket & Groot film? Yes. With the other Guardians out of the way, we could see a bunch of B and C list Marvel stuff in that. Cosmo & Howard the Duck in as major supporting actors, please.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Should we have a version of the OP banner with AoS: Slingshot? Like I have the logo ready, but I'm not sure where I'd place it. Under the streaming section? It is a web series. It's own section, with maybe WHiH Newsfront? I dunno.

Oh, yeah, btw: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot starts next week.

Pachimari

First time I hear of Slingshot, what is this? Just more Agents of Shield on the web? How long are these episodes, and how many episodes will we get?

Pachimari

Man that teaser was horrible, and those web wings is the worst I've ever seen on a Spider-Man live action suit. It also looked bad in the comics.

Christian

Damn. Seeing that chart of past and upcoming releases in the MCU really drove home how awesome the last six movies have been. And yes, I really enjoyed Age of Ultron, despite all it's flaws. Mahvel can do no wrong.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I'm entirely too indecisive so here's a version of the banner image with the new Spider-Man: Homecoming logo, without WHiH Newsfront and with Slingshot under the streaming section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom