• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

Zoe Saldana confirms Gamora will be in Infinity War.

Speaking on the Golden Globes red carpet to MTV News, Saldana was asked if she was in Infinity War, to which she was a responded with a simple nod, before elaborating on the status of the script and her hope for the project:

“I don’t know when they’re gonna let me read it. I mean, I’m not looking forward to the five hours of green make-up, but every time I finally arrive on set I feel so happy and lucky to be there.”

They've brought back General Ross.

They're bringing back Betty.

Time for a movie of Doc Samson psychoanalyzing all of the MCU heroes. Or at the very least a series of one-shots.

Time for a movie of Doc Samson psychoanalyzing all of the MCU heroes. Or at the very least a series of one-shots.
458.gif

Pachimari

If there was ever any doubt (since he didn't turn up on the last casting list), Tom Holland has confirmed that Spider-Man will turn up in Avengers: Infinity War.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Awkwardness with Widow will be worth it!

Widow won't care. I suspect she just wants to forget that relationship ever happened along with the rest of us.

What if Norton returns and we will have a Hulk Vs Hulk.

I'd actually love that.

If there was ever any doubt (since he didn't turn up on the last casting list), Tom Holland has confirmed that Spider-Man will turn up in Avengers: Infinity War.

Holy shit, I actually thought a Spiderman appearance was still up in the air. Great news!

Quick

Banned

I occasionally read Tom Holland's name as Tom Hollander of Pirates of the Carribean fame.

tumblr_lc9uu40qhy1qdq3ajo1_1280.jpg

#itsallconnected

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
It's hard to imagine what purpose she would serve though, especially considering how crowded Infinity War is already going to be.

Someone to kill off to give the movie some stakes.

Have her have one touching scene with banner to remind audiences who she is. Then she dies.

Jesus fuck, based on these reports, all these stars are going to have two minutes of screentime max.

How are they supposed to develop characters in the span of 2 and a half hours when you got 20-30 of them?

El Topo

Jesus fuck, based on these reports, all these stars are going to have two minutes of screentime max.

You'll probably have quite a few of those characters (e.g. Betty), if they actually appear, only in brief scenes. Heck, maybe even just something running in the background or a brief reaction shot.

BLACKLAC

How are they supposed to develop characters in the span of 2 and a half hours when you got 20-30 of them?

Not every hero is getting closely developed.

The central heroes will probably be Wanda, Vision, Gamora/Nebula, Tony/Steve.

Second tier Doc Strange, Thor.

The great thing about the team handling IW is they know character motivation and how to bring it over to an ensemble.

Pachimari

I expect many more heroes to turn up in Infinity War. Remember, we'll also get some debuts in here.

jmood88

The benefit of a shared universe is that you don't have to introduce established characters and many of these people will probably be glorified cameos.

8 episodes
starting in march
with a september 1st release date

lmaoooooo

this is gonna be the real life equivalent of

e1kHUQP.jpg

6 months for 8 episodes of Network TV isn't unfeasible. Especially since they film in order and will be doing Post work on each episode as they complete and Pre work for the next episode as the previous one is filming.

A network tv show usually ranges from 1-2 weeks an episode so ~24 weeks should be enough time for 8 eps.

TDLink

8 episodes
starting in march
with a september 1st release date

lmaoooooo

this is gonna be the real life equivalent of

e1kHUQP.jpg

For a network TV show this is a ridiculous amount of time. Stop thinking about it like it's a film, because it isn't. Most shows, pilot aside, start filming in July for September premieres.

6 months for 8 episodes of Network TV isn't unfeasible. Especially since they film in order and will be doing Post work on each episode as they complete and Pre work for the next episode as the previous one is filming.

A network tv show usually ranges from 1-2 weeks an episode so ~24 weeks should be enough time for 8 eps.

Eh, they're being extremely secretive for something of the calibre of Inhumans. The announcement made it sound like a bigger deal than it is, it seems.

For a network TV show this is a ridiculous amount of time. Stop thinking about it like it's a film, because it isn't. Most shows, pilot aside, start filming in July for September premieres.

Even a show that's gonna require a ridiculous amount of special effects and elaborate sets if they want to get it right?

TDLink

Even a show that's gonna require a ridiculous amount of special effects and elaborate sets if they want to get it right?

Yes? First, we don't know what the budget is on this project, how much IMAX is throwing into the pot, or what exactly they're going for. But even effects heavy network shows like The Flash, which uses a ton of CG on a weekly basis, start in July.

Starting in March gives them even more time, which likely means they're aiming a bit higher than typical network TV. But I wouldn't expect HBO levels here. Even with HBO shows the lead time isn't usually that long due to special effects, it's due to giving the showrunners time to do exactly what they want to do and perfect their show. Game of Thrones is the lengthiest regular production show and that's because they film in locations all over Europe and do big battle episodes that take a couple months to film on an annual basis.

Don't expect Game of Thrones. Expect something like a basic cable show and you're probably in the right ballpark. It's ultimately still going to air on ABC and thus is a network show. I'm sure it will both be better and look better than AoS due to a longer production and smaller episode count. But don't expect the world.

Dalek

ABC’S INHUMANS CHARACTERS REVEALED IN CALL SHEET

The Hashtag Show has information from a source close to production which includes seven character breakdowns for series regulars. While the descriptions are joined by fake names, a little research shows that they closely match the characteristics of prominent members of the Royal Family. If you’re familiar with the Inhumans from the Marvel comic books, the hints in these descriptions will sound very similar to Black Bolt, Medusa, and the rest of their unique clan.

The seven character breakdowns are as follows:

Broderick — male, 30-40, Caucasian. Can say volumes with just a look. Strong thoughtful and private, he’s unaccustomed to being questioned or feeling a need to answer to anyone, to an extent can verge on arrogance.

Marjorie — Female, 30-40, Caucasian. An elegant and intelligent advisor to her husband, she struggles to find her place outside of their relationship, as others tend to view her as just a pretty face. Strong and resourceful, she’s not afraid to break the rules when the situation demands it.

Marty — Male, 30-40, Caucasian. Broderick’s younger brother; he is intelligent, charming and articulate. He comes across as a man of the people but secretly covets power.

Kevin — Male, 30-40, Open. Slight of build, his mind is his greatest asset. Always prepared with a plan, his outlook on life is the glass is always half-empty and often cracked and dirty as well. Though his outlook can be grim he has a droll, dry sense of humor.

Grady — Male, 25-35, Open. Impetuous and brash, he has serious impulse control issues which frequently get him into trouble, whether it’s women, booze or fighting. He loves life and lives in the moment, for better or worse.

Christine — Female, 18-25 to play 18, Caucasian. Soulful but still learning the ways of the world, she has the arrogance of youth. Impetuous and independent, she is also deeply devoted to her family.

Timothy – Male, 25-35, Open, SFXMU required. Supremely athletic. The ultimate picture of cool. He’s calm under pressure and willing to do anything to get the job done.

Broderick would be Black Bolt, the head of the Royal Family and the Inhumans’ leader whose voice can crumble mountains; Marjorie is Medusa, Black Bolt’s wife who has the ability to use her hair as a weapon; Marty is Maximus, Black Bolt’s conniving younger brother; Kevin is Karnak, who’s entire body is a living weapon and can find the weakness in anything; Grady is the horse-legged Gorgon; Christine is Medusa’s younger sister Crystal, who can control the elements; and Timothy is the amphibian Triton.

Eagle-eyed observers will notice the fake names begin with the letter of the character they are based on. The only well-known Inhuman missing from the breakdown is the teleporting Lockjaw, who also happens to be a larger-than-normal dog. As such, his exclusion doesn’t rule out an appearance during its eight-episode season.

After debuting in IMAX theaters on or around September 1, “Inhumans” will premiere on ABC on Tuesday, September 26, 2017. “Inhumans” is also expected to air all eight episodes of its first season uninterrupted on the following Tuesdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom