• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently James Gunn wants to do a Moon Knight movie and has "told" someone at Marvel, he just doesn't have the time.

Whatever that means.

Penguin

Doctor Strange comes home...

Expand your mind, and your Marvel collection. @DrStrange is coming to Digital HD 2/14, and Blu-ray™ 2/28:

C1fh0euWQAAaTbv.jpg

First THOR: RAGNAROK Synopsis

"In Marvel Studios' Thor: Ragnarok, Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok – the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization – at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a deadly gladatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger – the Incredible Hulk!"
biHkgj4.jpg

Looks like Stephen Amell behind Hemsworth there.

MCU vs CWverse crossover confirmed!

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
No way. Annihilation is way way better than Conquest. Nova is such a great protagonist and his entire hero's journey in the original Annihilation really shines. It's so perfect for a movie. Conquest doesn't really have a clear protagonist at all. A big section of it is also devoted to assembling the GotG, which doesn't make sense if they're already together like they are in the MCU. And another significant part is dedicated to a nothing character with Wraith. Ultron was cool in it, but he isn't very cool in the MCU as established. I mean I wouldn't mind them doing it, but it's a much weaker story than the original, made even weaker by them already having a GotG which was a core aspect of the story.

What happened to Wraith? I haven't heard anything about this character in 10 years and his role in Conquest made him look important. Same thing happened with Darkhawk in War of the Kings.

TDLink

What happened to Wraith? I haven't heard anything about this character in 10 years and his role in Conquest made him look important. Same thing happened with Darkhawk in War of the Kings.

Absolutely nothing, further making the focus on him there pointless.

At least with Darkhawk they were actually building something potentially interesting. That seems more like a plot thread that they just didn't have time to close up since the Abnett/Lanning cosmic era fell apart shortly after Thanos Imperative. Garthan Saal being another loose thread.

Caspel

Absolutely nothing, further making the focus on him there pointless.

At least with Darkhawk they were actually building something potentially interesting. That seems more like a plot thread that they just didn't have time to close up since the Abnett/Lanning cosmic era fell apart shortly after Thanos Imperative. Garthan Saal being another loose thread.

Damn. I truly love the DNA cosmic era run. Disappointing that they broke off their partnership and barely work on any stuff at Marvel. I'm a huge fan of Annihilation, Conquest, War of Kings, Realm of Kings, The Thanos Imperative, and the foundation of the Annihilators. Their run is one of my favorite contemporary runs from the major comic publishers.

TDLink

Damn. I truly love the DNA cosmic era run. Disappointing that they broke off their partnership and barely work on any stuff at Marvel. I'm a huge fan of Annihilation, Conquest, War of Kings, Realm of Kings, The Thanos Imperative, and the foundation of the Annihilators. Their run is one of my favorite contemporary runs from the major comic publishers.

100% agree. That's why I want to see it on film. GotG has gone in a completely different direction of course in the MCU but they could still make it work. Infinity Gauntlet happened before it all, so it wouldn't be hard for them to set it up as the next big event in a similar way.

That Thanos Imperative ending on film would be amazing.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Frank Grillo Says He'd "Rather Not" Return As CAPTAIN AMERICA Villain Crossbones Despite Talks With Marvel

During an interview with Collider, the actor was asked about both the possibility of returning to the Purge franchise and his thoughts on taking another crack at Captain America. However, it sounds like he's not thrilled with the opportunities given to the Marvel Cinematic Universe's supporting players.

"If DeMonaco was still involved and they came up with a great idea, then I think I would do [another Purge movie]. Otherwise, I think I’m done. Same thing with Captain America. There’s nowhere for it to go, unless you’re Captain America or Iron Man. They were talking about it, but I was like, ‘You know what? I’d just rather not do it.’ I’m so appreciative and grateful to have been a part of something that big. I’m appreciative of The Purge. It’s become a part of the lexicon and the zeitgeist knows what it is, so that’s been fun. But, it’s time to move on. Don’t stay at the party too long, or you get knocked through the ropes."

El Topo

We all know Thanos is going the Infinity Gauntlet to resurrect the MCU's greatest fallen adversaries (Red Skull, Iron Monger, Ronan) at some point during Infinity War.

Boy is Thanos gonna be disappointed when the heroes wreck the villains in five minutes.

jph139

I know Marvel has tossed out a lot of villains but I feel like Crossbones exploding was a bit egregious, yeah. Grillo seemed to really enjoy playing the character and it's not like it would have hurt to just put him on ice in case they needed him again. Hell, throw him into SHIELD or something. Why kill a named character when "random suicide bomber" would have the same narrative impact?

Caspel

I know Marvel has tossed out a lot of villains but I feel like Crossbones exploding was a bit egregious, yeah. Grillo seemed to really enjoy playing the character and it's not like it would have hurt to just put him on ice in case they needed him again. Hell, throw him into SHIELD or something. Why kill a named character when "random suicide bomber" would have the same narrative impact?

I'm fine with Crossbones death. There are so many Marvel villains, henchmen, and what not that can be used in the future that one biting the dust is not going to hurt the endgame. I'd rather see Taskmaster than another Crossbones appearance.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'm fine with Crossbones death. There are so many Marvel villains, henchmen, and what not that can be used in the future that one biting the dust is not going to hurt the endgame. I'd rather see Taskmaster than another Crossbones appearance.

Don't Fox have the rights to Taskmaster?

Don't Fox have the rights to Taskmaster?

It's hazy. In 2010, Joe Carnahan mentioned he had been working on a Taskmaster movie a while back "for Alex Young" who was co-president of production at Fox at the time suggesting Fox had the rights, but I believe they reverted back to Marvel around the time they got Daredevil back. Here's what Tim Miller said after being asked if he could show up in Deadpool:

Tim Miller said:
I'd love to see Deadpool go up against Taskmaster who's another Marvel total fuckin' badass. But if I was to stay inside the Fox family, I would like to see him fight X-23, the female Wolverine.

Which isn't confirmation, but implies he's outside of Fox now.

BLACKLAC

Doctor Strange comes home...

C1fh0euWQAAaTbv.jpg

Featurettes:

"A Strange Transformation" — shows how the filmmakers adapted the trippy comic character
"Strange Company" — the cast and crew describe the filmmaking process
"Fabric of Reality" — behind the scenes of the sets, costumes, and production design
"Across Space and Time" — a look at the hours of the cast's fight and dance training
"The Score-cerer Supreme" — inside the live orchestral recording sessions with composer Michael Giacchino
"Marvel Studios Phase 3 Exclusive Look" — Previews of upcoming MCU entries, including ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,' ‘Thor: Ragnarok,' ‘Black Panther,' and ‘Avengers: Infinity War'

Deleted Scenes:

"Strange Meets Daniel Drumm"
"Kaecilius Searches for Answers"
"The Kamar-Taj Courtyard"
"Making Contact"
"Lost in Kathmandu"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hope we get Moondragon and Phyla-Vell in Guardians 3. Adam Warlock and Wendell Vaughn are whatever.

What Adam Warlock offers in terms of story directions and opportunities >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quasar & Moondragon offer.

Those two were some of the weaker parts of the comics (along with Blastaar) while the symbolism and pertinence of the UCT is pretty much the highlight. Surprised they didn't riff off of the Universal Church of Truth for Vol.2 anyways, it makes so much sense, especially with Mantis.

SpaceWolf

Banned
If you were to give Niklas Winding Refn and Denis Villaneuve a Marvel movie to work on, which would it be and why?

After Arrival I would give Villeneuve Tom King's Vision because he's pretty decent at presenting human drama.

After Neon Demon I would give Refn a mop and a bucket.

Good for Grillo? He was hardly Heath Ledger. They've got so many villains on ice, it doesn't really matter. At least he got to return once, more than Tim Roth ever got.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Question for the community: Who is your favourite character in the MCU? (including both the movies and all the television series)

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Daredevil's Matt Murdock. If anything else, the man sure knows how to roll with the punches.

tumblr_nmwwo5Hxs11s49g11o1_540.gif

gMr3Rva

matt-murdock-one-finger.gif

tumblr_inline_o4iucjWmhV1qib1pp_500.gif

Pachimari

Well, Matt Murdock by none really. Was always a huge Daredevil fan and he was my numero uno, and continues to be in the MCU, even though he was kind of a dick to his friends in Season 2.

The Kree

Banned
I was talking about Civil War with a friend and he suggested that one of the kids Stark gave a grant to at MIT could turn out to be Mysterio, inspired by his hologram demonstration.

Tony doesn't know how to not ruin everything.

I was talking about Civil War with a friend and he suggested that one of the kids Stark gave a grant to at MIT could turn out to be Mysterio, inspired by his hologram demonstration.

Tony doesn't know how to not ruin everything.
Cool idea, if it weren't for the fact that a) Marvel would never use it and b) you could hear millions of nerds crying out "Why is Tony responsible for every part of Spider-Man?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom