• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, given we saw this in a film that was classed as 12A for the DVD release over here

...what are the chances of Drax punching Thanos' heart out in Avengers 3 or whatever? Because I want to see that. So bad.

Neoxon

HD GotG Stills

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-01.jpg

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-02.jpg

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-03.jpg

Looks like the red suits are the team's uniform, seeing as they're all branded with Star-Lord's iconic insignia.

Drayco21

Part of me is terrified by this movie because of how much I absolutely adore DnA's Marvel Cosmic run...but the rest of me is too busy being hyped to see the Guardians on the big screen to give a shit.

I think I'll just close my eyes every time Drax is on the screen... How could they fuck it up so badly...

I think he looks pretty cool. Probably because Batista is so roided out that he hardly looks human.

This 15 second clip is fantastic. Totally hyped up.

Hopefully the full trailer is at least a minute long with some substance.

I think he looks pretty cool. Probably because Batista is so roided out that he hardly looks human.

This 15 second clip is fantastic. Totally hyped up.

Hopefully the full trailer is at least a minute long with some substance.

The full trailer is supposedly 2:33 according to the trailer rating site that let us know it was coming.

I'm expecting that is West coasters won't have to wait till the Jimmy Kimmel show airs before we see the full trailer online tonite.

It looks good. I'm Hyped.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Do you think Marvel's got the balls to kill him off in his third film, replacing him with Bucky before its over, and having a Bucky Cap in Avengers 3?

They had BETTER NOT do this I will be DEVASTATED!! :(

Pluto

That looks awesome, I've never read any cosmic marvel stuff, I honestly never heard of these characters before the movie was announced, originally I was only interested in it because I enjoyed the other marvel movies and because I like both Zoe Saldana and Chris Pratt but this trailer really makes me want to see it

I still have no idea what the movie will be about, just that it's about a group of criminals, that's really new for me, with every other marvel movie I knew what to expect because of the comics and cartoons.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
OK, I dont really like the Guardians Trailer... Maybe a little bit to funny. But I am sure, the movie will not be throwing around jokes in every minute.

I preordered the Guardians of the Galaxy Complete Edition Volume 1 Comic today, I want to know more about the characters before I watch the movie.

shield

OK, I dont really like the Guardians Trailer... Maybe a little bit to funny. But I am sure, the movie will not be throwing around jokes in every minute.

I preordered the Guardians of the Galaxy Complete Edition Volume 1 Comic today, I want to know more about the characters before I watch the movie.

On the other hand, I kinda appreciate the humour in the trailer. I loved Iron Man 3 but I can see why some fans were disappointed by it's jovial tone when they were expecting something more along the lines of the much more serious trailers.

Mind you, Guardians of the Galaxy could end up having very few jokes but that remains to be seen.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
On the other hand, I kinda appreciate the humour in the trailer. I loved Iron Man 3 but I can see why some fans were disappointed by it's jovial tone when they were expecting something more along the lines of the much more serious trailers.

Thats why I just hated Iron Man 3. Nothing against the light and happy tone of the Marvel Movies. But in this one it was far to much. I was very shortly before leaving the cinema and I never did this before. If IM 3 were not part of the MCU, I would have left the cinema for sure...

But also, this Iron Man 3 came after The Avengers and I was incredible hyped. Guardians is something completly new for me, so maybe this movie will have it easier so surprise me.

I don't mind comedy, and it was great that Iron Man 3 was funny.

The problem with the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer is that it isn't very funny, or that it isn't funny in the right ways (except for the 'incoming obscene gesture' thing, which is kinda fun).

Tom_Cody

Could be worse, at least they didn't cast CW-level talent. All of these actors are at least talented, or allegedly so. They have all done good work. This isn't headshot casting.

Michael Jordan did Fruitvale Station last year and he was previously on The Wire and Friday Night Lights. Kate Mara is coming from House of Cards. Teller was supposedly great in 'The Spectacular Now' (I haven't seen it). And Jamie Bell is Jamie Bell.

I'm willing to give this a little room. The Fantastic Four holds a special place in my heart and I have long accepted that no one will ever make my perfect version of an FF film. I'm more interested to see what's happening with the script and to what extent Josh Trank actually cares about the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom