• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
yGt9bYs.jpg

Did Rocket get a lobotomy or something?

5Lvhhdg.jpg

MnAkLT2.jpg

grdZE6k.jpg

FyqDdCH.jpg

First look at Korath

inky

Rumors for the first Avengers was supposed to be Everyone vs Hulk, right? Maybe they are revisiting that scenario?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/56531/captain-america-3-agent-13-set-up-for-bigger-role/

captain-america-the-winter-soldier-emily-vancamp-as-agent-13-aka-sharon-carter.jpg

According to this article, Sharon Carter/Agent 13 will essentially be a cameo in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but will set up a larger role in Phase 3.

Not really surprised, TBH. The movie already looks packed to all fuck from what they've shown in the trailers. My guess is that they'll keep her for Caps 3.

I have yet to watch Gravity (scummy friends backed off at the last moment), but I've heard it was pretty awesome, soundtrack included. Good news?

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Didn't Chris Evans only sign a six picture deal? I vaguely remember him being fairly vocal about how if they called him in for a cameo, that would count as one of the contracted appearances.

Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America 3

Do you think Marvel's got the balls to kill him off in his third film, replacing him with Bucky before its over, and having a Bucky Cap in Avengers 3?

eastx

Do you think Marvel's got the balls to kill him off in his third film, replacing him with Bucky before its over, and having a Bucky Cap in Avengers 3?

If they did that, we'd never get to see him pick up Thor's hammer. And that would be sad.

I know he talked about it before The Avengers, but afterwards he seemed more like he wanted to do it. So I think there might be chance he did just do it for the hell of it and it didn't count towards his six movie contract.

Edit: Chris Evans cameo that is.

I know he talked about it before The Avengers, but afterwards he seemed more like he wanted to do it. So I think there might be chance he did just do it for the hell of it and it didn't count towards his six movie contract.

That is my thought too. And I thought he and Hemsworth really hit it off during the press tour for Avengers. Maybe he turned up in Thor 2 just for a goof

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual

Yeah. I looked it up after I made that post, and it seems like he and Hemsworth wanted it to happen. It was written at their request, so Marvel and Evans must have worked out an additional appearance outside of his initial contract
as much as I'd like to see them do something as unexpected as kill off Cap.

antonz

Didn't Chris Evans only sign a six picture deal? I vaguely remember him being fairly vocal about how if they called him in for a cameo, that would count as one of the contracted appearances.

Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America 3

His 6 picture deal was initially done more out of fear of the original contract Marvel wanted. They wanted him to commit to a 9 film deal and he felt that was just too long to commit too. At this point I could easily see him reup for a 2-3 film contract. He has been having a lot of fun this time around in the marvel universe.

Blader

I'm not entirely sure how cameos work into these deals either. Three of SLJ's appearances have been cameos but still counted towards his deal, but RDJ in Hulk and Paltrow in Avengers were outside of their contracts and didn't count. So I'm not really sure whether Evans in Thor 2 (or Renner in Thor and Ruffalo in IM3) counts as an appearance or not If I had to guess I'd say not and that the only reason SLJ's do is because he works on a much longer contract.

I'm not entirely sure how cameos work into these deals either. Three of SLJ's appearances have been cameos but still counted towards his deal, but RDJ in Hulk and Paltrow in Avengers were outside of their contracts and didn't count. So I'm not really sure whether Evans in Thor 2 (or Renner in Thor and Ruffalo in IM3) counts as an appearance or not If I had to guess I'd say not and that the only reason SLJ's do is because he works on a much longer contract.

In the case of RDJ he did it as a favor to Marvel. With all the people showing up in One-shots and cameos I think it is more that they're having fun within the universe. Hail to the king only happened because Ben Kingsley liked the character and the script so he squeezed the shoot in. He didn't have to do it at all.

Yeah we haven't heard anything since that tweet got taken down so I'm not getting my hopes up yet. If it shows up tomorrow I'll be pretty happy, but at least we've got The Order: 1886 trailer.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
This was posted on 4chan, featuring the soundtrack titles for Cap 2:

http://archive.foolz.us/co/thread/58963804/#58964067

It was deleted from the original website, but someone captured it (SPOILERS):

http://images.4chan.org/co/src/1392493571584.png

10. Alexander Pierce is the Red Skull (0:03)

19. Quill's S.O.S.* (1:15)

I call bullshit on this.

Red Skull is not surprising (a 3 second track?), but I thought the post-credit scene was Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch, not Guardians of the Galaxy.

Gotta be bullshit. No way there's a track that is straight up titled "Alexander Pierce is The Red Skull." As much as I think that twist will happen, that track title is just not happening.

Subatomic

Neo Member
These pictures look great!

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but something crossed my mind in regards to Avengers 2. Since FOX still has FF, what if Marvel is setting Ultron up as the MCU's Galactus. Doing this would also make Vision a pseudo Silver Surfer. I think this would be an cool twist on these two characters and they could also be used as replacements in the "Annihilation Saga".

In regards to the soundtrack, Phantom Menace had a track that straight up had "Qui-Gon's funeral" in the title.

Could be legit.

That last tracklisting though...hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom