• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just sounds like Steven Seagal is going to play Jarvis the butler and he has to go rescue the Avengers.

OjCHeD0.jpg

And then Jarvis gets beaten up for it.

Vibranium

Banned
Breaking the story right now, eh? Baron Zemo for Cap 3 villain, plz!

Yep. Have Heinrich as an old hardcore Nazi scientist (with HYDRA connections, but not a member, I want real Third Reich soldiers) that Cap encounters during WWII, and then Helmut as a modern-day shadow who is out to take him down. Also, Zola would be awesome too, depends how they approach him.

All I want from Feige is confirmation Cap took part in actual battles against the German army/SS in The First Avenger. I hope he wasn't stuck to HYDRA, that would be lame (I know Red Skull was part of the Nazis with his division in the film, but then he left, while in the comics he stayed loyal until the end of the war).

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!

http://collider.com/chris-evans-marvel-contract/

this news made my day :) The Thor cameo does NOT count against Evans' 6 pic deal, so we WILL see him in Cap 3 and Avengers 3 (and from the sounds of it, possibly more)

Having my fave actor killed off too soon would have soured me on the Marvel Movie Universe, so I was so happy to read this today :)

Vibranium

Banned
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!

http://collider.com/chris-evans-marvel-contract/

this news made my day :) The Thor cameo does NOT count against Evans' 6 pic deal, so we WILL see him in Cap 3 and Avengers 3 (and from the sounds of it, possibly more)

Having my fave actor killed off too soon would have soured me on the Marvel Movie Universe, so I was so happy to read this today :)

Yep, and Chris really wants to direct a Marvel project in the future too, going by his latest comments, that would be super interesting. Maybe he could try his hand on TV with Netflix? Would be cool.

Man, I can't wait until Bucky and Steve potentially team-up as old friends again in Cap 3 if the brainwashing is broken, two supersoldiers (WS has a version of the serum) kicking ass once again.

neoanarch

Kree getting name dropped in AoS can finally put to bed those assumptions that Marvel didn't have the rights. Also that Ronan is Kree in GoTG.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Just popping in- is Agents of Shield any good yet? I havent watched any of it, but I know the consensus was bad- has it improved at all?

Man, I can't wait until Bucky and Steve potentially team-up as old friends again in Cap 3 if the brainwashing is broken, two supersoldiers (WS has a version of the serum) kicking ass once again.
Only if its called Captains America. Then ill be happy.

Caboose

They should ask Evans to direct a few Agents of Shield episodes. That would be neat, I think, plus some good experience for him.

Neoxon

Just popping in- is Agents of Shield any good yet? I havent watched any of it, but I know the consensus was bad- has it improved at all?

Only if its called Captains America. Then ill be happy.
It had a rocky start, but it's finally starting to pick up the pace with the recent episodes.

Tom_Cody

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movies/avengers/inhumans-avengers-age-ultron/92391

Don't know if this is legit or not, but this report indicates that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are going to be revealed as Inhumans in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I won't be surprised at all if this is true. The perfect solution to the "mutant problem" in the MCU.

Plus you can have Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch appear in a future Inhumans movie.
Wow, that's a surprisingly elegant solution. I had wondered how the much-discussed Inhumans were supposed to fit into the MCU picture.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

The latest three episodes have shown a marked progression towards a potentially competent show. I genuinally enjoyed the latest one.

J10

Banned
Cap 3 can do it riding that post Avengers wave just like Iron Man 3 did.

I'll bet right now that Cap 2 does a billion.

Ant Man will be the one to benefit the most from post Avengers wave.

And Cap 2 pulling in 1 billion? That is a HUGE jump. First one only made $370m worldwide. I think if it did Thor:Dark World numbers it would be a great increase. But $1b would be insane.

Neoxon

Neoxon

you're insane.
I think GotG can also make a billion, if they hit the advertising out of the park & the movie has insanely good word-of-mouth.

As for Winter Soldier, they're getting the advertising, hopefully the movie is as legit as I'm hearing it is.

Tom_Cody

I think GotG can also make a billion, if they hit the advertising out of the park & the movie has insanely good word-of-mouth.

As for Winter Soldier, they're getting the advertising, hopefully the movie is as legit as I'm hearing it is.
Ant Man will be the one to benefit the most from post Avengers wave.

And Cap 2 pulling in 1 billion? That is a HUGE jump. First one only made $370m worldwide. I think if it did Thor:Dark World numbers it would be a great increase. But $1b would be insane.
Avengers bumps so far:

Iron man 2: $624M
Iron man 3: $1,215M
Increase: 95%

Thor: $449M
Thor 2: $641M
Increase: 43%
-

Cap 1: $370.5M

Predictions:
Cap 2 (with Thor bump): $529M
Cap 2 (with IM bump): $722M

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...e_n_4952291.html?&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000027

Kevin Feige talks Doctor Strange:

Is it fair to say that, at this point, it would be surprising to you if there wasn't a Doctor Strange movie in the next two or three years?

KF:So, we're in 2014 now ...

It just feels like this one is so close to being official, yet it's not.

KF:It's time. It's time. I would be surprised if that were the case, yeah. Maybe three or four years, yeah, we'll see. But, I would like it to be the case. Much like Vin Diesel, I like it when something finally happens, and then we can talk about what it is -- versus rumors of what it could be or should be or isn't yet [laughs].

He also debunks the rumor that Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch are Inhumans.

With Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and the situation over the word "mutant" with Fox, there's some speculation that this might be a way to introduce the Inhumans.

KF:Well, Inhumans is something that we are definitely thinking about and we think there's great potential there for a great movie. But, no, no -- we have not linked those two.

So using the Inhumans would have nothing to do with getting around the word "mutant"?

KF:As it relates to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? No. No, no, no.

Fuuuuuuu. Wanda and Pietro being Inhumans would have been perfect.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...e_n_4952291.html?&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000027

Kevin Feige talks Doctor Strange:

He also debunks the rumor that Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch are Inhumans.

Fuuuuuuu. Wanda and Pietro being Inhumans would have been perfect.

Well my initial thought is that it's a shame, like you said it would be a nice way to get around the whole mutant issue and a great way to introduce the inhumans.

My only dealings with the Inhumans are in the Annihilation/War of Kings saga but i really enjoyed their story and i would love to see some Black Bolt action on the big screen, silent for the whole film until the end where he shouts 'Noooooo' into someone's face and melts them :)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm quite impressed that Thor 2 made more money than Iron Man 2.
I expected it to do a bit more to be honest, I guess the release date didn't help much.

Tom_Cody

according to one source, the Russos said in an interview (yesterday?) that they'll start shooting next year, but that seems too early -- especially since they haven't broken the story yet.
I think it could definitely be one of Marvels 2016 films, in which case it would start filming next year. Marvel has May 6 2016 and July 8 2016 locked in. Captain America 3 would seem to be as good a bet as any to fit into one of those slots. It's not like Doctor Strange where they have to assemble a whole new creative team and create an entire universe. Assuming Winter Soldier does well, they should be ready (relatively speaking) to hit the ground running.

I guess it's always skeevy to talk about pre-production before a script is locked in but realistically you would have to think that they could get the script done before the end of 2014 to shoot in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom