• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Kevin Feige Explains How Magic Will Work In DOCTOR STRANGE

Are you watching the Cosmos series? That’s magic, [the quantum physics]. It’s unbelievable. If somebody knew how to tap into that stuff, what’s the difference between that and magic?

You don’t get into it in Harry Potter, but if a scientist went to Hogwarts he’d find out how some of that stuff is happening! We’re not going to spend a lot of time on that, but there will be some of that. And particularly for a character like Strange, who goes from a man of science to a man of faith and who traverses both worlds. And sometimes there won’t be an answer! Sometimes he’ll want an answer - “How is this happening?!” - and nothing.

Doctor Strange also has to be weirder as a movie. The Marvel films have so far had something approaching a house style - even Winter Soldier, which has its own look, fits into the larger Marvel aesthetic. But Feige sees Doctor Strange being quite different.

“Doctor Strange needs to be a Ditko/Kubrick/Miyazaki/The Matrix mind-trip,” he said. With all the recent news about directors being courted for the film this is interesting - who will be able to deliver for Marvel the kind of mind-trip Feige wants while also making a movie that will hit a wide audience?

Glad to hear that Feige is willing to take chances to be faithful to the source material.

Watch them do something really crazy. Don't have Thanos in Avengers 3. Just keep that the earthbound heroes, then the next year just put out a film called Infinity Gauntlet where it is all the cosmic and earthbound stuff tossed together.

Does that mean they actually have 7 more movies in mind with him, or did they just want to lock him down for a long time incase they come up with something?

DieH@rd

Banned
Watch them do something really crazy. Don't have Thanos in Avengers 3. Just keep that the earthbound heroes, then the next year just put out a film called Infinity Gauntlet where it is all the cosmic and earthbound stuff tossed together.

Or, give GOTG2 storyline that covers Infinity Gauntlet, and then finish that story in Avengers3, with movies shown back-to-back.

Or, after the events of Avengers 3, MCU phase 4 is Black Widow assembling the New Avengers with Dr Strange and Bucky Cap. (And Black Panther and captain Marvel please)

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Or, give GOTG2 storyline that covers Infinity Gauntlet, and then finish that story in Avengers3, with movies shown back-to-back.

Dont think they could do a full gauntlet story..no silver surfer, no galactus, no xmen *Wolverine got you Thanos!* For it to be truly epic Thanos and Surfer would need to be there in the very least.

Dont think they could do a full gauntlet story..no silver surfer, no galactus, no xmen *Wolverine got you Thanos!* For it to be truly epic Thanos and Surfer would need to be there in the very least.

If Thanos won't be the main villain in a film until Avengers 3, that gives Marvel a lot of time to buy back the Galactus/Surfer rights.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
If Thanos won't be the main villain in a film until Avengers 3, that gives Marvel a lot of time to buy back the Galactus/Surfer rights.

I hope so but im hearing fox is going full steam slapping together a FF4 film. One can only hope Disney gives no fucks and snatches it back on a technicality I really want FF4 and all that includes back at Marvel. Fox has had absolutely no interest in the FF4 for what 7 years or more now. All of a sudden they do this? suspect to say the least.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

Small update (I think?): http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=96004

In a separate interview with IGN, Feige reiterated what he stated above: “We're still on that date and we're going to be announcing soon what the movie will be on that date. That's what we're sort of actively working on as we get ready to firm up and get into pre-production what will be the two films for '16 and the two films for '17.”

Though it's no huge surprise, it's interesting that Feige mentioned a second 2017 film considering there's only one--on May 5, 2017--that Disney/Marvel have dated that year.
Anyhow, the producer also reiterated that we could get announcements before Comic-Con. “It's not about the best time to make an announcement for us,” he said. “It's about when the team coalesces and when we find a group of collaborators that we want to spend the next two or three years with to bring one of the movies to life.”

Marvel not giving a fuck.

I hope so but im hearing fox is going full steam slapping together a FF4 film. One can only hope Disney gives no fucks and snatches it back on a technicality I really want FF4 and all that includes back at Marvel. Fox has had absolutely no interest in the FF4 for what 7 years or more now. All of a sudden they do this? suspect to say the least.

It's not "suspect," it's that they want to retain the rights because they paid for them. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's partly a game of chicken and they're trying to get Marvel to buy the rights back.

I think it's statistically impossible for Feige to do any wrong. Based Feige.

Well, aside from the SHIELD stuff in Iron Man 2 and Thor, and killing the Runaways film because it didn't naturally connect to anything else in Phase 2. But his track record is pretty good.

That number is only gonna go up as the release gets closer.

A billi A billi A billi A billi A-A-A

Movie game 1 billion these days especially is really reliant on worldwide grosses. I don't think cap (or superman :( ) is dat dude outside of America. It won't make a billion. It might beat Thor 2....maybe. Looks a lot more entertaining though

and it's got Redford da gawd

I will be shocked if Cap 2 does 1 billion. That would be an insane increase. But really, if it puts up Thor 2 numbers it did very well compared to the first one.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I think I admire Redford even more for doing a Marvel film. It's so different from everything he's done before it's kind of a risky move for an actor of his age.

I mean, I'm sure Cap2 will be a great movie, but the man has an incredibly long and illustrious career that may be a bit overshadowed by this SHIELD role, a bit like Alec Guinness being remembered mostly for being Obi-Wan.

Much respect for venturing into new waters at the ripe old age of 77.

We just got the A-OK at work to mention on IMDB, and in person, that we're working on Guardians of the Galaxy.

Obviously I can't say or share anything further than that. But I just wanted to brag.

It's looking absolutely awesome so far though!

OK, as you were.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
We just got the A-OK at work to mention on IMDB, and in person, that we're working on Guardians of the Galaxy.

Obviously I can't say or share anything further than that. But I just wanted to brag.

It's looking absolutely awesome so far though!

OK, as you were.

you little turd...

#jelly

TDLink

So apparently Cap 3 will go against Batman/Superman in 2016. Marvel is really confident in Winter Solider being huge...I'm excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom