• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

Has there been any buzz regarding what direction they have planned for the future Hulk films? It seems that they had Leader set up in The Incredible Hulk but I think it'd be nice if they brought in She-Hulk in some way. Movie could start with some element of Leader's overall plot putting Jennifer in the emergency room and bringing in Banner for the blood transfusion. I just think it'd be nice to have a movie where Hulk has an ally on his side rather than playing the lone fugitive once again. Also adds in another mate for Avengers 3 without the need of a standalone movie.

Nothing really. There's been rumors about Planet & World War Hulk but Whedon's said they're not doing PH because it means no Banner and they'll never do WWH because it terrible and they don't have the rights to half the characters involved.

I doubt they'll do another standard Hulk story on Earth, they'll probably make him exclusive to the Avengers films to make them more of an attraction.

Nothing really. There's been rumors about Planet & World War Hulk but Whedon's said they're not doing PH because it means no Banner and they'll never do WWH because it terrible and they don't have the rights to half the characters involved.

I doubt they'll do another standard Hulk story on Earth, they'll probably make him exclusive to the Avengers films to make them more of an attraction.

I think this will be the case. Granted, I haven't read a lot of Hulk comics, but I don't know how much you can do with the character in a stand alone film outside of what's already been done. That's why people keep bringing up WWH and Planet Hulk because it's the most interesting use of him outside of "The military is after him still!" in a long time. Better to make him something you go see the new Avengers movie for.

Introduce Leader. Have it be a bunch of random Hulked out civilians or felons attacking. And let this introduce She Hulk.

Or you can introduce the Wrecker Crew.

But the main thing is Hulk needs another character to play off of while in Hulk.

Salsa

LEGO Marvel Superheroes is on sale on Steam right now for $5

51dd86378b467.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ND0uSz5MJw

best Marvel game ever in terms of fan service. Figured i'd give you guys a heads up.

Ehhh. I could see a loosely adapted Planet Hulk still involving Banner, especially if they have a villain shoot him up there instead of the Illuminati doing it. The basic idea of "Hulk is shot into space and needs to find his way home; Hulk finds a place where he kind of fits in better than he does on Earth and struggles with whether he *wants* to go home" is a worthwhile one. Wouldn't need to be a 1:1 retelling of Planet Hulk any more than CA:WS was a 1:1 retelling of Brubaker's Winter Soldier arc.

Ehhh. I could see a loosely adapted Planet Hulk still involving Banner, especially if they have a villain shoot him up there instead of the Illuminati doing it. The basic idea of "Hulk is shot into space and needs to find his way home; Hulk finds a place where he kind of fits in better than he does on Earth and struggles with whether he *wants* to go home" is a worthwhile one. Wouldn't need to be a 1:1 retelling of Planet Hulk any more than CA:WS was a 1:1 retelling of Brubaker's Winter Soldier arc.

The inherent problem there though is that the main star in that movie would need to be the Hulk instead of Banner (aka Mark Ruffalo). That's why it's kind of hard to do. Banner would not have much to do in that situation.

gerg

So with the Fantastic Four reboot looking like it'll get off to a very sketchy start, I was wondering: Is it likely that Marvel Studios has developed "contingency" plans in case any large properties (such as Fantastic Four) look likely to return to them? Those at the studio must be aware of the problems the new film is facing, but at the same time it may just be seen as wasted capital to develop ideas which, at present, it would be legally impossible for Marvel to pursue.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So with the Fantastic Four reboot looking like it'll get off to a very sketchy start, I was wondering: Is it likely that Marvel Studios has developed "contingency" plans in case any large properties (such as Fantastic Four) look likely to return to them? Those at the studio must be aware of the problems the new film is facing, but at the same time it may just be seen as wasted capital to develop ideas which, at present, it would be legally impossible for Marvel to pursue.

I imagine that Feige and co. have vaguely discussed what they'd do if FF is defaulted on, but am not sure they'd make overly sophisticated plans. They've got the MCU mapped out in detail and are pinning lots of expensive productions on those plans. Can't put too much faith in getting a locked property back only for it to end up not happening. And leaving a gap in the MCU roadmap.

Dai101

Banned
I imagine that Feige and co. have vaguely discussed what they'd do if FF is defaulted on, but am not sure they'd make overly sophisticated plans. They've got the MCU mapped out in detail and are pinning lots of expensive productions on those plans. Can't put too much faith in getting a locked property back only for it to end up not happening. And leaving a gap in the MCU roadmap.

Probably they have blanks "just in case".

TDLink

Well they don't exactly have scripts yet for anything beyond the first few Phase 3 films now. The F4 property coming back would mostly be good for the cosmic villains they could use. I suspect they have films in their slate like Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy 2, with some plans for them...and then also plans to use in case they get the license back. Namely, I'm sure an Annihilation film would be pretty high priority if they got the rights back.

eastx

The inherent problem there though is that the main star in that movie would need to be the Hulk instead of Banner (aka Mark Ruffalo). That's why it's kind of hard to do. Banner would not have much to do in that situation.

Hulk turning back into Banner at inopportune moments can add tension. He can be forced to change back in order to communicate. Who knows? There's a million ways to tailor a Planet Hulk inspired story to utilize Banner, just like with any Hulk story.

J10

Banned
Or they could just let Hulk talk. The actor still has to be on set for motion capture and all that, so it's not like there won't be any acting with other actors involved.

Oh wait, but "The audience won't see me."

eastx

Or they could just let Hulk talk. The actor still has to be on set for motion capture and all that, so it's not like there won't be any acting with other actors involved.

Considering how Tony, Rhodey, and Sony's Spider-Man take their masks off constantly even when it makes no sense to do so... I just doubt they would utilize Ruffalo for mostly motion capture. They think they have to let him mug.

I mean you can clearly see Ruffalo's face in the Hulk it could work.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

I wonder if Whedon will have Hulk talk in Avengers 2. I was kinda disappointed that he only had one line of dialogue in the first film.

sol_bad

That's kind of besides the point. It's just fun to speculate.

h, I certainly know it's just for fun, I was just curious if anyone has randomly guessed correctly. It would be funny if someone in Marvel browsed forums to see what the fans were thinking.
I can imagine a scenario where they come across a post and they say "ah shit, we are going to have to re-write this script, the fans came up with a "what if" scenario that matches what we have written!!!".
Back to the drawing board.

adg1034

Hope so. Hulk as a character needs more development than just being referred to as "the other guy" for half the film.

Plot twist: "the other guy" is secretly Film Crit Hulk and the movie slams on the brakes halfway through for a long soliloquy on the failings of modern action filmmaking.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I suspect it's a situation similar to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch wherein both Sony and Marvel can use Kingpin. They had shared the rights to fox for use with daredevil and I think that shared license came back to Marvel when fox let DD expire.

injurai

Banned
http://geekdad.com/2014/04/anthony-mackie-falcon-captain-america-winter-soldier/

It's a pretty good interview to read in it's entirety. This in particular is a point I think should be discussed more. Yeah It's DC but I can't make threads for the time being and I thought this would be a good place to post this as ever.

Q: How do you feel about being the first African-American superhero?

AM: It’s funny you should ask that. [LAUGHS] It’s cool. When I was a kid, I really didn’t have a person I could look at, other than my dad, and be like, “Hey, I want to be that guy and fly through the window.” You couldn’t be like 7 years old and say, “Who do you want to be for Halloween?” “Shaft!”

So [LAUGHS] you know, it’s really exciting. When I first got this role I just cried like a baby because I was like, “Wow, next Halloween, I’m gonna open the door and there’s gonna be a little kid dressed as the Falcon.” That’s the thing that always gets me. I feel like everybody deserves that. I feel like there should be a Latino superhero. Scarlett does great representation for all the other girls, but there should be a Wonder Woman movie. I don’t care if they make 20 bucks, if there’s a movie you’re gonna lose money on, make it Wonder Woman. You know what I mean, ’cause little girls deserve that. There’s so many of these little people out here doing awful things for money in the world of being famous. And little girls see that. They should have the opposite spectrum of that to look up to.

Anth0ny

I don't think it would be that difficult to incorporate Banner into the Planet Hulk storyline...

I wish they'd go through with it, maybe in Phase 3. I see the logic behind keeping Hulk for the Avengers films, but man, Planet Hulk is great.

Is Rhodie not African American or a Superhero? I don't get why they keep asking Anthony Mackie that question when War Machine has been in the Iron Man films

jph139

So I've been in a Hulk mood recently and was reading about the "Tomahawk Extended Edition" fanedit of the Incredible Hulk... evidently it's closer to Norton's vision of the film which I've always been curious about. Has anyone seen it - and is it worth a look?

TDLink

So I've been in a Hulk mood recently and was reading about the "Tomahawk Extended Edition" fanedit of the Incredible Hulk... evidently it's closer to Norton's vision of the film which I've always been curious about. Has anyone seen it - and is it worth a look?

I haven't heard of it, but have they even ever publicly released the extra character moment scenes they shot with Norton?

Neoxon

I have a gut feeling that we're getting that second GotG trailer relatively soon. Probably in the next week or so (3 weeks tops).

This thread makes me want to read too many Marvel sagas.....and then I go to the store and can't decide what to get since I don't want to end up spending hundreds of dollars :(

And then I go to Wiki and read a summary of what happens =/

J10

Banned
Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest are a precursors to the Guardians solo run. All great reads. If you're only interested in the Guardians, you could start with Conquest since that's when they first form up.

Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest are a precursors to the Guardians solo run. All great reads. If you're only interested in the Guardians, you could start with Conquest since that's when they first form up.

Haha, this is what keeps happening :(

I also want to check out Planet Hulk, Civil War and I've still yet to read Age of Apocalypse among others......

Would Marvel Unlimited be the better choice? I didn't really like it when I had a free trial but it's so much cheaper than actually buying the books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom