• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

I've been looking for Guardians, but the one I've been told to read is being re-issued in a few months.......

http://www.amazon.ca/Guardians-Galaxy-Abnett-Lanning-Collection/dp/0785190643/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397808454&sr=1-2&keywords=guardians+of+the+galaxy ??

Or is Annihilation the better choice?

Whoa, Annihilation is cheaper on amazon.ca lol, that doesn't happen often
Yeah that GotG is the one you want to read. Like J10 said though, Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest are precursors. You can jump straight into GotG if you want to though.

Just finished reading Annihilation and all the tie-ins on Marvel Unlimited.....dayum, you guys weren't kidding.......that was intense....

I don't know if it would make a good movie though.....

TDLink

Just finished reading Annihilation and all the tie-ins on Marvel Unlimited.....dayum, you guys weren't kidding.......that was intense....

I don't know if it would make a good movie though.....

Now you get to move on to Annihilation: Conquest/GotG/Nova.

I think Annihilation would work as a movie with some stuff trimmed out. Namely, the film needs to really focus on Nova. I'm betting if the made a movie they would take most of the material from the Nova and Ronan minis (since they are setting up Ronan and Gamora in GotG) and leave out the Super Skrull and Silver Surfer ones, then also include a modified version of the main 6 issue arc.

inky

It could be many things. It could be the studio issues they mention, scheduling conflicts with some actors, they haven't signed someone needed and are in the last stages of negotiation, etc. not necessarily anything to do with the script, which has seen many re-writes anyway, considering they have to fit the current MCU developments at least tangentially.

Dai101

Banned
It could be many things. It could be the studio issues they mention, scheduling conflicts with some actors, they haven't signed someone needed and are in the last stages of negotiation,

A possible last minute adquisition of the FF rigths .......

TDLink

Quoting Not the Droid You're Looking For's post from the Age of Ultron thread since it has relevant MCU info.

Talking to Empire Magazine, Kevin Feige was quizzed on whether a character like the Scarlet Witch in Avengers: Age of Ultron could be used as a way of introducing a mytical side to the Marvel Cinematic Universe ahead of the big screen debut of Doctor Strange. "I would say that the Age of Miracles, as Strucker says at the end of that tag, could be a part of that, but the key to their origin is in that tag." So, what will the role of "The Twins" be in the movie? Well, as previously reported, they will indeed be clashing with Earth's Mightiest Heroes to begin with. "They're not very happy with The Avengers. Their powers are not insignificant and they're quite different from what the Avengers have faced before." Talk then turned to the possibility of Paul Bettany playing The Vision, to which Feige responded only with, "Paul Bettany as The Vision? You're confusing me with your mind games." However, the magazine continued to press him for details and asked if the theme of Avengers: Age of Ultron will be fathers and sons as J.A.R.V.I.S. is given his own body. "I wouldn't go that far, in terms of it being that direct a theme. Certainly humanity and humanity's place in our world plays a large part of it, but I think Thor's about fathers and sons, more than this. If one were to confirm anything about Paul Bettany and look at the arc and the line of what Paul has done for us, that's pretty unique and cool and exciting and spins right out of stories we've told in the past." So, should these comments be takes as confirmation that Bettany will indeed be playing the character? "I'm not at this point in time [Laughs]."

Finally, the Marvel Studios President was asked about the Hulkbuster concept art which made its debut during a Marvel special on ABC. What does it mean for Avengers: Age of Ultron? "That little tease was very intentional on our part. We found it a very compelling image to throw out there. The specifics around it we don't have to do for a while. It's a piece of armour we've wanted to see on screen for a long time, let's put it that way. What is the Hulkbuster suit built for?"

Kevin Feige was asked about recent reports that Thanos will indeed be making a physical appearance in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, and whether or not he will be a CGI creation as in The Avengers or if they actually have someone in mind to play him. While he wouldn't divulge any details about how the character will be brought to life in the movie, Feige did confirm that the role has ben cast. "There is an actor. I'm not sure we want to announce it yet." Comic-Con? Speaking of which, it was at last year's event in San Diego that Batman Vs. Superman was announced, and it has since been slotted in for release opposite Captain America 3 in 2016. How does the Marvel boss feel about people seeing their decision to not move as a sign of confidence in the franchise? "Well, I'm glad people think that way. We had the flag there first. What other people do and where has always been less of our concern. It's about keeping our head down and doing what we would believe would be cool for an audience to see. I wouldn't say that necessarily." Going back to Guardians of the Galaxy, Feige had this to say about the role of the movie in the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe. "Guardians will feel and seem the most separate. But in a summer where people are going to see a lot of sequels, some of which are ours, and a lot of reboots and familiar faces, we were excited about the idea of bringing something new and totally unexpected to the screen."

Dai101

Banned
Quoting Not the Droid You're Looking For's post from the Age of Ultron thread since it has relevant MCU info.

image.php

J10

Banned
Does Marvel own the movie rights to the original Human Torch (android version)?

It would be really funny if they introduce him in the MCU.

They already did. But if they made him an actual character, it would be really lame, much the same way having two Quicksilvers is really lame.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Does Marvel own the movie rights to the original Human Torch (android version)?

It would be really funny if they introduce him in the MCU.

From the first Cap film:

"Dr. Phineas Horton Presents The Synthetic Man!’

OMP6PBR.png

Edit: Woops, took too long getting a screengrab off Netflix.

Why is he being so hush hush about Vision when Paul Bettany confirmed on Kimmel and someone confirmed the picture that Kimmel held up would be close to the movie look.

Most importantly it was news everywhere when he expanded his deal with Marvel to play Vision.

Am I reading this wrong?

TDLink

Why is he being so hush hush about Vision when Paul Bettany confirmed on Kimmel and someone confirmed the picture that Kimmel held up would be close to the movie look.

Most importantly it was news everywhere when he expanded his deal with Marvel to play Vision.

Am I reading this wrong?

Yeah I'm not really sure. Seems like Feige didn't get the memo that they already revealed that everywhere. Although you would think he would be the one to know.

I suspect that Feige doesn't want to be asked questions about the specifics regarding Vision and it's easier just not to admit the premise of said questions.

I suspect that Feige doesn't want to be asked questions about the specifics regarding Vision and it's easier just not to admit the premise of said questions.

I suspect that Vision's debut is a third-act plot point and that Marvel was hoping they could keep it under wraps until much closer to the film's release. But such is not the world we live in, of course.

duckroll

It's not really that complex I think. Feige knows that everyone "knows" the Vision is in. But the moment he actually confirms it, it means that he is opening that subject up for discussion in all his interviews and whatever panels he attends.

neoanarch

We have confirmed reports of filming for scenes set during WWII, so I think we might get some scenes with Paul Bettany as the Human Torch.

I'd be so fucking extatic if they dived that deep into Marvel lore.

histopher

We have confirmed reports of filming for scenes set during WWII, so I think we might get some scenes with Paul Bettany as the Human Torch.

I'd be so fucking extatic if they dived that deep into Marvel lore.

that would be ridiculously cool but the WW2 flashbacks are probably for Strucker...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Isnt Captain America etablished as the only Superhuman during WW2? I dont see this happen, it would also mess to much with the continuity. Remember, the Stark Expo where we see the Human Torch Easter Egg has an much older Howard Stark than he was during WW2.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Katee Sackhoff was at a Galactica fundraiser/meet-and-greet thing here in Seattle today. Someone asked if there was a dream role she could land, and another person shouted out "Captain Marvel!" Her response was to the effect of, "Everyone wants me to play that, but I don't think I'm ever going to." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Neoxon

Only 5 months and the rights return to Marvel Studios :D
And it wouldn't surprise me if it did, considering they're still fumbling with the script.

That begs the question, I get that Annihilus, Galactus, Silver Surfer, & the Badoon (if they're part of the F4 rights) will help with GotG & Marvel's other cosmic endeavors, & Dr. Doom would serve as a huge Avengers villain, but what about the F4 themselves? How would they contribute to the MCU.

TDLink

And it wouldn't surprise me if it did, considering they're still fumbling with the script.

That begs the question, I get that Annihilus, Galactus, Silver Surfer, & the Badoon (if they're part of the F4 rights) will help with GotG & Marvel's other cosmic endeavors, & Dr. Doom would serve as a huge Avengers villain, but what about the F4 themselves? How would they contribute to the MCU.

They wouldn't be able to work them in until Phase 4 at the earliest. I imagine if they got them back though it may entice them to push the Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet story to Avengers 4 and do something else for Avengers 3. That's pretty much the only thing I could see it affecting. Alternatively, they could just decide to not do anything with the F4. They're not necessary for the MCU to function at this point.

duckroll

Act as a counterbalance to the Avengers in terms of public opinion and perception among the general world population. The Fantastic Four are extremely public, they have no secret identities, they have their own HQ, they read fan mail, and they're NOT Avengers. Also, Tony Stark would benefit from having someone to keep his ego in check.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Firstly, Doom should be a Antagonist for tbe FF, not for the Avengers ;)

Neoxon

Firstly, Doom should be a Antagonist for tbe FF, not for the Avengers ;)
I didn't say that because that's a given. Hopefully Marvel will know NOT to use Doom in the first movie.

He's the big bad of the F4, he needs the build-up he deserves, & should be treated as the major threat he is.

Speaking of carry-over villains, Ultron in a future GotG movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom